Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Post deployment Evo build thread.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'm a blackhawk crew cheif at Hunter AAF. We left our aircraft to 10th MTN whete we were so we are pretty bored at the moment. I don't know where it came from but it's f'ing cold in the south east. Still waiting on my redline/amsoil order from a place here in Sav so it can wait til the weekend.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sup Battle,

First off congrats on being back stateside. Looks like you have a great build there. I might be seeing you in May! I will be stationed at HAAF, after going to Flight Medic School in April. I'm leaving Korea 1March. I have a IX MR. Hope to meet up with ya in May. If you have any heads up about HAAF it would be appreciated. I will becoming there as a SPC, SPC/P or SGT. Hoping to go to the board in Feb and make points before i get there.

Later

Steve
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 68wsteve
Sup Battle,

First off congrats on being back stateside. Looks like you have a great build there. I might be seeing you in May! I will be stationed at HAAF, after going to Flight Medic School in April. I'm leaving Korea 1March. I have a IX MR. Hope to meet up with ya in May. If you have any heads up about HAAF it would be appreciated. I will becoming there as a SPC, SPC/P or SGT. Hoping to go to the board in Feb and make points before i get there.

Later

Steve
You will love C co.2-3 man! I was up in Mazar i Sharif doing casevac with 7 group guys and absolutly loved it. When I got back to Logar/Wardak we were balling dudes up with 3rd and 10th group coupled with Afghan commandos.160th is too busy chasing pirates in Africa to care alot about landing on bad guys roofs. I will never forget any of the hero missions I did. They messed me up pretty good.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Sup Battle,

Later

Steve
[OT] Do you have your Evo out here? I'm up at CRC.[/OT]
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

LOL small world, I'm a Black Hawk Crew chief also. I supervise/ fly with the 82nd Dustoff. When we left RC-South we left our birds with 101st so we had some down time here also. That's what got me going on modding my personal car as well.

Josh
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
[OT] Do you have your Evo out here? I'm up at CRC.[/OT]
Nope, Evo is in WA state waiting on me. I bought it in November. There is a guy i seen in Yongsan that has a GG Evo that looks pretty nice though.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Nope, Evo is in WA state waiting on me. I bought it in November. There is a guy i seen in Yongsan that has a GG Evo that looks pretty nice though.
That's prolly Kevin's car. He's up at Stanley. Widebody type?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:48 PM

Are you installing everything in one go?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kpflynn
Are you installing everything in one go?

Everything all at once. I'm ditching the surge tank and going with a 255 in tank and a single external. The carbon hood and trunk fit pretty bad so i'm leaving them off for the time being.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Had some major stopping points today. Everything is going great except the radiator and UICP. The Buschur half kit had no problem until I put the engine crossmember back in today and now the lower hose will hit the front engine mount. The UICP I'm going to need a very tight 45 degree coupler or have it the pipe modded. I might just have it modded as I need to have a licp fabricated anyway. Also I guess the smim I bought was modded to not have the dip stick mount on it. So I have to do something with that as well.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KentStateTsi
Thanks everyone. I'm a blackhawk crew cheif at Hunter AAF. We left our aircraft to 10th MTN whete we were so we are pretty bored at the moment. I don't know where it came from but it's f'ing cold in the south east. Still waiting on my redline/amsoil order from a place here in Sav so it can wait til the weekend.
And we are Using the S*** Out of them currently with 6-6 Cav out of WAAF, Ft.Drum We have Over 10 black hawks in our TF and it sucks for the 15 series that gotta fix those things luckily for me I'm a Wheel mechanic all we do is provide support. I cant wait to get to drive my car for maybe 2 weeks before it snows in NOV.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad you guys are getting some use out of them. I know they were old birds and are a pain to keep in the air.

Finally had my car started. Flashed the SD rom and changed what I had to for the 1650's and omni 4 bar. Ran for maybe 15 seconds and quit. I can't get the nissan tps to read lower than 6% or higher than 85%. Still searching for an equation or what not so it'll work.