Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

duraflex fenders? anyone run these? pictures please!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duraflex fenders? anyone run these? pictures please!!

I'm looking at getting some fenders and came across the duraflex fenders I've tried researching them but nothin really comes up, does anyone have any input on these? Fitment issues? Pictures of your evo running them? Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

and you want to rice out your evo why?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

^^ what an answer..
obviously they are cheap and crappy version of Voltex.. you might have some issues with fitment, and I honestly haven't seen any Evos around that have them. Voltex fenders are few extra bucks but at least you know what you getting
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Duraflex is from extreme dimensions, right? I think one of their salesman is a member or sponsor on here, I remember he had a thread where they test fitted all of their evo bumpers. PM him and see if he can test fit a fender and send you pics.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:19 PM

i never said i was going to rice out my evo, my evo was involved in a accident and im fixing it out of my own pocket till i get everything handled with the insurance company because its my daily driver, sucks trying to bum a ride to and from work while your making a car payment so if i can toss something on for now until i get the check then i can replace it with oem..
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:20 PM

ya extreme dimensions in like 30-45 minutes from me, so i figured i would try to get anyones first hand experiance with these fenders, ive read up about some bumpers and people say they are decent just need to a little extra to make them fit good.. :/ just cant find anyone whos tried the fenders..
Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a set, they dont fit! didnt even fit on the car so i just chucked them in the garage corner!

Last edited by goad_white03; Mar 1, 2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

We are a sponsor here and I think that "we suck" is a little bit excessive.

This isn't the greatest pic since I took it with my old iPhone but here is a shot of the MR Edition fenders:
Name:  IMG_4517.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  70.8 KB
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

unfortunately these replica pieces always need trimming and/or drilling holes. so while there is "warranty" once you drill hole which you MUST, you cannot return it. yet if you only tape it on to see fitment, not the best test as the mounting holes will dictate how it truely sits....
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
unfortunately these replica pieces always need trimming and/or drilling holes. so while there is "warranty" once you drill hole which you MUST, you cannot return it. yet if you only tape it on to see fitment, not the best test as the mounting holes will dictate how it truely sits....

EXACTLY! there are also better replica's out there that dont require drilling holes etc. from what i can see so far, i wouldn't do business with this company. they wont take the time to trim, drill holes, or paint their parts to show the customer what they look like on the car. just makes you think, if they dont want to spend the money on somthing as important as showing the customer the end result, what else have they skimped out on?

also, you might want to look around for salvage evo's and part outs that people are offering for the stock fenders. its really hard and costs alot of money to get any composite body part to look as good as the oem metal. you can also roll and pull the fenders later on if you want bigger wheels, etc.

Last edited by TigOLDBiTTies; Mar 1, 2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The main reason they dont fit is it needs the right mounting spots. IE doesnt have the mount in front of the mirror. Which makes the fender pop out. Also the molding around the a-pillar by the window is too rounded and doesnt match up to the factory lines. All were asking is that you mold a stock part, then add the vent if thats what you desire. I have a set of these in my garage and didnt want to waist the money to send them back for another set. ED if you have any questions please PM me and i can help you work out the kinks. Sorry for using the "Suck" word.

Last edited by goad_white03; Mar 1, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

still trying to figure out why they cut a hole in the finder and stuck mesh lining there?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^The hole is for the sidemarker to go in.
The mesh is for the extra vent they added in to make the fender look more attractive.