Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Pics of battery kill switches please

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of battery kill switches please

I'm looking at moving my battery to the trunk but I will need a cut off switch mounted on the outside of the vehicle and would like to see pic's of where people have put them.

Thank You
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
why is it that you are looking to mount a kill switch? if you use a starter or fuel pump kill switch you get the same anti theft effect and can still use keyless entry....
i dont use a kill switch cause auto theft isnt bad in my area... but personally i would use a starter kill switch and mount it just behind the dash light rheostat so its out of sight but within reach. or use a high power push switch and place it in the under steering column cover so you can push it... start the car... release... and forget about it.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If he wants to race at a NHRA sanctioned track, tech inspection will kick him for not having an external battery shut off since his battery is in the trunk.

As for the mounting, I plan to mount it on the bumper cover, next to the license plate in the cubby.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph143
why is it that you are looking to mount a kill switch? if you use a starter or fuel pump kill switch you get the same anti theft effect and can still use keyless entry....
i dont use a kill switch cause auto theft isnt bad in my area... but personally i would use a starter kill switch and mount it just behind the dash light rheostat so its out of sight but within reach. or use a high power push switch and place it in the under steering column cover so you can push it... start the car... release... and forget about it.

Wow.....most ricer answer ever

Yeah, I will try to dig up some photos of the one I had!

--mark
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:19 PM

mounted mine next to the lic. plate on the back bumper looks clean and really obvious. but i was wondering how the charging system cut off was done in others evos. any info would be helpful.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I'm going to be mounting mine behind my license plate in the rear shortly. There is just enough room behind the plate and a perfect flat surface to mount it. When I'm driving around town I leave the plate on and remove it and toss it in the back window at the track. Now no one can touch it in a parking lot. I hate having to keep resetting my radio stations. :P

This is the unit I have:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-74101/

Make sure you guys wire it correctly. I've seen a lot of people just toss them on in line with the battery and forget you need to cut off the alternator as well. Techs at the track look for this religiously.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by IwantURevo
mounted mine next to the lic. plate on the back bumper looks clean and really obvious. but i was wondering how the charging system cut off was done in others evos. any info would be helpful.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pd...structions.pdf
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:45 PM

i wanted to put mine there but the bumper brace (the metal bar) was in the way. its really obvious with the rear bumper off. BTW i have the same moroso switch it barely clears where i have it now.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 07:43 PM

Sorry to bring this back to life, but I'll be ordering a kill switch soon for the track and I was thinking about putting it where the passenger tail light is (only need 1 light during runs). That way I can pop it in and out when I go. Has anyone ever done this or see any issues? Also, I've read about wiring it to where it kills the alternator also. Can anyone provide a diagram or picture of the wire I should tie into? Thanks