Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New headunit/hvac set up!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KenPeak
more info? installed pics?
yes!
Old May 29, 2014, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hokejka
yes!
It's explained 1 or 2 posts after the one you quoted. It's the only info I have.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Found some more pics of the process...

Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone have a Kinexic HVAC kit? Wondering how the quality compares to cjramos's.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bhmax
Does anyone have a Kinexic HVAC kit? Wondering how the quality compares to cjramos's.
Looking at the pics from their site, http://kinexic.com/products/evo-8-9-hvac-relocation-kit, I can tell you 2 things...

First, those look like Orbital's lost stock. There were several websites trying to sell the remaining stock of the Orbital hvac relocation bezels. Never saw the stock quantity decrease in any of those sites...

Second, look at the fit and finish of the hvac bezel. It is obvious that those are not made from factory parts, plus they look modified, i.e. the buttons area looks trimmed to allow the buttons to pass through, and the top edges are not straight... Read this thread from the beginning and compare the pictures here with the pics from their site...

The 2 DIN trim they are offering with the kit is the japanparts.com one, and apparently only available from them in one color. You can get it yourself from japanparts.com, and choose whether you want charcoal gray, grain finish in flat black, or gloss black. Here's the link: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/22810. Do the math... it will be the same getting it yourself, if not cheaper...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone know more info about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2002-2007-Complete-Install-Double-Din-Dash-Trim-Frame-Kit-/390899530835?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b036d7c53&vxp=mtr
Old Jul 31, 2014, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Insidious Evo
Anyone know more info about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2002-2007-Complete-Install-Double-Din-Dash-Trim-Frame-Kit-/390899530835?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b036d7c53&vxp=mtr
Same as in my previous post, the 2 din trim appears to be the japanparts.com one. As for the hvac bezel, looks like a 2 piece part which will probably be held in place with the hvac controls screwed to it.

As for price, you can't get any better than that.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

I see you're from Florida... You might wanna go see it for yourself before risking it. That seller is from Florida also...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cyanide
Same as in my previous post, the 2 din trim appears to be the japanparts.com one. As for the hvac bezel, looks like a 2 piece part which will probably be held in place with the hvac controls screwed to it.

As for price, you can't get any better than that.
You think it might be like the Eden design?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

You think it might be like the Eden design?
Kinda looks that way, but looking closely at the details, it appears to be a single piece. The factory cd changer bezel has almost 90 degree corners, where as that one has completely curved corners. I'm talking about the area surrounding the circles where the bigger decals go.

If you look at the upper border of the bezel, it doesn't look completely straight, plus that edge seems to be sharp, and the factory bezel has a slight curve on that edge. I could be wrong, but it's probably the same as the Orbital ones, but with a different design approach. There's nothing to loose in asking for more detailed pics of the bezel. Having a look at the inner area of it will show if it's a 2 piece or single piece part.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone here bought the kit mentioned a few posts earlier? Wanna see the fit and finish to decide if it's time to move on to other things...

Few pics should help...
Old Aug 17, 2014, 02:09 AM

I was extremely happy with my cyanide hvac reloc setup. The hardest time I had with my install was actually getting the HU centered in the bezel.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

So... I think I found how this new 2 din/hvac relo came to be... If the person was able to get one of my actual bezels borrowed, I can understand why the design looks kinda like mine. Here's the thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/572251-has-anyone-tried-ebay-double-din-conversion-kit.html?styleid=23

Looking at the prices from the website, the whole kit is the better buy since the hvac bezel alone costs $215. As I explained in a recent inquiry, it's all a matter of choice. When installed pics of this new kit start surfacing, people will have a better idea on what to choose.

Ever since 2014 started, my bezel fabbing has dropped down from 4-6 weekly to 1-2 monthly, but this new kit has sold 7 times in the past 2 weeks, and that's on ebay alone. Who knows if they're selling on their website as well.

As long as I keep getting inquiries, I'll let people know that there's a new option. At least now I can move to other things.

If anyone has pics of this new kit fully installed, post them here and give your review so others can find it as well.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 05:31 PM

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

I've been trying to find more info and pics about this new kit... no luck. All I get is the same ebay pics. What I did find was a single negative feedback on ebay, claiming that the kit was poorly packaged and many clips were broken. This doesn't show in the ebay desktop version as the seller has set all listings to private (wonder why), but if you use the iPhone ebay app, all feedback is shown with the corresponding item.

What I find weird is that the "available quantity" never changes, even though the amount sold keps increasing. I don't know if tampering with the amount sold is possible at ebay, but seeing that it's been saying "3 available" since the beginning of the listing, makes me wonder if it is possible.

I tried contacting the seller for pics of the actual kit installed, but he points me to early posts of this same thread, which only has pics of my bezel.

Either way, I can't compete with mass production, so this is the end of the road for me...

Quick Reply: New headunit/hvac set up!