Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Photochop Request Volk Wheel Decision Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Photochop Request Volk Wheel Decision Help

Hey guys, I am on the verge on pulling the trigger on a set of Volks. After speaking to 5 different Vendors, I have found the right pricing and I am ready to order....

BUT...

I am torn between a set of CE28Ns or RE30s. CEs tend to be more common with EVOs but I have only seen a couple of EVO 8/9s that have ran RE30s in the size and offset that I want. I have found 2 EVOs here and would like someone with some photochop skills to color the cars and wheels in the following ways

I search the forum and googled plenty to find a IX in GG but no one runs this offset and size, especially in RE30s...

Well my EVO IX is GG... IF I GO with the RE30s, I will either go with the Bronze(leaning more towards it for now) or the Standard Silver... also known as Chrome Silver.

IF I GO with the CE28s.. I will also go with Bronze(love Bronze too here)... but I would like to see how they look in Silver as well

So can you guys color the OB EVO----> GG and do the wheels in Silver and Bronze... so I can get an idea how mine will look. I put the pic of both wheels for reference.

And as for the GG EVO... please color the wheels in Bronze and Silver as well. I put up a pic of the standard wheel colors of the RE30s for a reference. The CEs are the same also.

OH and MODs, I hope I am in the right section. Thanks everyone!

I am going to order the wheels next week. Specs will be 18x9.5 +22 or maybe +15 on whichever set I go with.

and to give props to the owners of these EVOs.. both are here on the forum... NSS(GG) and Lance EVO IX(OB). Both EVOs are sick

below is a pic of my GG as it sits at the moment.

Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for a chop please.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that gg evo with white RE's is a WIN. love the stance and fitment.. looks pretty good bump for a chop for you
Old Mar 21, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

another bump.... come on... I know someone here got some Chop skills!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

why do you need a chop?

just look up the colors on a GG evo and decide which wheel design you like better..

your car has silver wheels on it, so basically that is the color combo of the silver, but just imagine it in a bigger wheel.

and here's bronze:

keep in mind how aggressive the offsets you are considering are. a +22 will need a roll, some stretch on the tire and a pull or excessive rear camber just to fit. the +15, will need a roll, stretched tire, pull and excessive camber
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zivman
why do you need a chop?

just look up the colors on a GG evo and decide which wheel design you like better..

your car has silver wheels on it, so basically that is the color combo of the silver, but just imagine it in a bigger wheel.

keep in mind how aggressive the offsets you are considering are. a +22 will need a roll, some stretch on the tire and a pull or excessive rear camber just to fit. the +15, will need a roll, stretched tire, pull and excessive camber
thanks for the free bump

Last edited by Astro_Train; Mar 22, 2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
thanks for the free bump but I am not asking for advice on how to make these fit... I ran 18x9.5 +15 already... I am about to drop $3k plus(on my second set of Volks) on wheels so I asked for the color chop because I want to be sure and see how RE30s will look in a different color. Color of wheels are a huge difference depending on the car and will completly change the look of a car.

and that tire you are running on those TEs is too tall... its why it looks horrible the way its pushed up against the fender. TE37s are drastically different then REs or CEs so your pics really do not do much to help me.

anyways... read the post before you start giving advice someone else is not asking you for.... thank you
if you can't go through the countless threads/posts of volk wheels and make a decision on what you are buying, then you probably took the short bus to school.

for the record, the car with TEs is not mine, and am I sure the owner would appreciate your thoughts on how his tire is the incorrect size... maybe you can PM him and let him know...

I stated the advise in relation to the offsets because if you have a hard time choosing the color of your wheels, you probably are under informed about offsets. I apologize for insulting your intelligence

again, if you can't make a decision based on all the pics available, you likely need your mother to dress you in the morning....
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:52 AM

Either rim = you win! REs & CEs are both sexy!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

if you can't go through the countless threads/posts of volk wheels and make a decision on what you are buying, then you probably took the short bus to school.

for the record, the car with TEs is not mine, and am I sure the owner would appreciate your thoughts on how his tire is the incorrect size... maybe you can PM him and let him know...

I stated the advise in relation to the offsets because if you have a hard time choosing the color of your wheels, you probably are under informed about offsets. I apologize for insulting your intelligence

again, if you can't make a decision based on all the pics available, you likely need your mother to dress you in the morning....
Ok man. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you. This not Nasioc. No need to attack people or their threads. I simply asked for a color chop and you go on a tangent bout offsets. Unreal. Next time please read the OPs requests.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Mar 22, 2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
Ok man. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you. This not Nasioc. No need to attack people or their threads. I simply asked for a color chop and you go on a tangent bout offsets. Unreal. Next time please read the OPs requests.
next time be an adult and make a decision for yourself
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Whatever man. Get out of m thread. What is this is suppposed to mean?? Go get a life already.

I made this thread to also be informative to other people and you sit here and make these dumb comments. There are very few Evos on this forum running this size and offset for RE30s. So I made it to make an informed decision.
3 years I been on this forum and your the first troll I encounter. If you have nothing constructive to say go find another thread. Or don't write anything. You got ticked off because I told you I didn't need your assistance on making the wheels fit. I simply based my opinion bout how the TEs looked on that Evo you posted. That's your fault for posting someone else's car and not saying anything on the post. So is life. People are entitled to their opinion. And like I said in the post. " I'm not asking how make these fit?"

But thank you again for bumping my thread. I'm being civilized bout this and you don't let it go. This is a forum for for everyone to enjoy. Not to be told "oh be an adult and make a decision .... Blah blah...". What a bunch of nonsense.

Mods feel free to lock this thread, I found a member that emailed me some pics of the wheels colored. I won't post it to save space.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Mar 22, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

I love how people ask simple questions to help them out with choices they wanna make and someone always has to have an ignorant answer for them. Op wants a simple photochop of the wheels they picked in certain color, he never asked about offset & even said he has run that offset previously so if you dont have anything positive to add to the thread dont even waste your time to up your post count! Astro sorry I couldn't be of any assistance but heres a free bump for you hopefully someone will be nice enough to help you out
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
I love how people ask simple questions to help them out with choices they wanna make and someone always has to have an ignorant answer for them. Op wants a simple photochop of the wheels they picked in certain color, he never asked about offset & even said he has run that offset previously so if you dont have anything positive to add to the thread dont even waste your time to up your post count! Astro sorry I couldn't be of any assistance but heres a free bump for you hopefully someone will be nice enough to help you out
thanks for input, but my comments about the offsets were kind of an after thought. Kind of a just if haven't fully looked into it kind of input on offsets... NOT the reason I posted at all... but hey, focus on that if you want to

I offered pics of the car in the same color... which should have been been plenty helpful, but it's obvious the OP needs his hand held
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for input, but my comments about the offsets were kind of an after thought. Kind of a just if haven't fully looked into it kind of input on offsets... NOT the reason I posted at all... but hey, focus on that if you want to

I offered pics of the car in the same color... which should have been been plenty helpful, but it's obvious the OP needs his hand held
keep bumping the thread with comments to make your self feel better .... thanks again
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

The GG evo is a buddy of mine and has been sold... sick car when it was all done up...

Quick Reply: Photochop Request Volk Wheel Decision Help