Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

** Emo Evo **

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PineappleMonkey
What, no love for Mk1,MK2, MK3s?

I still miss my MK3 VR6 turbo
My buddy at work has a beautiful '84 Mk1, but it's slammed, flush, and loud...not a lot of performance action there.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CantStopSpinin
car looks really good man. its dark and jurrie rigged front lip but it works great with the car :thumbsup:
Old Apr 16, 2011, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

drift stiching on an AWD........

i don't understsand the stretched tyre thing on a performance car either

Why rip off the wing when it helps with handling? (ok if you're looking for weight reduction at the strip i understand).
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justincase
drift stiching on an AWD........

i don't understsand the stretched tyre thing on a performance car either

Why rip off the wing when it helps with handling? (ok if you're looking for weight reduction at the strip i understand).
haha well i needs been harder to turn at the corner when i go into the walmart parking lot the tires didnt really do much can it turns pretty well. and the stitching cause it looks pretty
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:52 AM

You know why people act so differently towards you edwin?

Because you go against the 'norm'. People are so infatuated with a 'clean' look here and your interpretation of it goes against it in some way. It will either be a love or hate thing. The ricer 'norm' is all the stickers pasted all over the car, busted up parts, stretch tire, etc. Since those characteristics are now part of your car, people cant help but feel that your car is 'ricer' like. So you really shouldnt be suprised of the community's response!

You're a good guy and seem to be taking it pretty well.

+1 for being different.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S2myEvo
You know why people act so differently towards you edwin?

Because you go against the 'norm'. People are so infatuated with a 'clean' look here and your interpretation of it goes against it in some way. It will either be a love or hate thing. The ricer 'norm' is all the stickers pasted all over the car, busted up parts, stretch tire, etc. Since those characteristics are now part of your car, people cant help but feel that your car is 'ricer' like. So you really shouldnt be suprised of the community's response!

You're a good guy and seem to be taking it pretty well.

+1 for being different.
woah woah woah are calling me a weirdo??? listen hear buddy i dont like ur attitude!!! haaha jk jk ;P oh im not even surprised at all but i take criticism not too bad except for my awesome tight pants n style that really hits hard... jk well if i had money id have some pretty nice cars. make one looking all tracky car and then id have this one.

thanks again
Old Apr 16, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Money seems to be your biggest setback. Presumably this is the reason for buying the cheapest BBS' you could find, stickers and a ghetto drop. This is what hellaflush is all about 18-24 year olds with little money to mod so anything that is cheap and easy to do gets done.

I'm not going to hate but I'd hate to see how you're going to handle your maintenance intervals, I've had some run my upwards of a grand+. Good luck and as long as you like the car then cool. Just a little hint of advice if you're spending your last to fuel, mod, maintain the car; you are doing life and finances all wrong.

P.S. No I'm not going to buy you expensive BBS' either so don't ask.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn you guys are some haters.. I love Edwin's car. Looks better in person.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not really hating just saying. Then again I'm moving to California and my friend warned me that because of the strict exhaust, crappy gas, and douchebag police that its all about fashion and lack luster performance. I hope I can get in good with the "right" fitment crew.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
27 is old?

Sigh....
Yup, you're old Bryan j/k
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
I'm not really hating just saying. Then again I'm moving to California and my friend warned me that because of the strict exhaust, crappy gas, and douchebag police that its all about fashion and lack luster performance. I hope I can get in good with the "right" fitment crew.
Your a fuggin hater.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Phrost
RS's are always awesome could use slightly bigger tires for my taste. Could be worse tho.
+123. it's not like he re-sprayed his car 2-tone. just simple exterior decisions based on his own taste. not the end of the world.

i definitely miss my mk3. if it wasn't for fixing it on a weekly basis it would be my dd.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
Damn you guys are some haters.. I love Edwin's car. Looks better in person.
gracias

hahaha naw the bbs was 2400 with the whole setup hahaha i was about to get rpf1s but i wanted it to be wider int he back and not have to use spacers but i love me some rpf1s. well idk not spending on too much mods has left me not having to spend more money on gas or other parts that would wear out. i got 121,xxx on this 06 evo 9 ;D sorry advan is right u a hater ;P haha jk

two-toned is the worst thing u can ever paint ur car!!! saw a jetta with some wilver and orange combo

yeah bryan u olds ;D
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:55 AM

hey its just another car fad, as long as people love their cars i see no problem with it. its just another style. Haters gunna hate.

i like it
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
i think the bbs' are way sick, and yes, the tires do need to be wider.. but hey, i'm not gonna judge. i personally think the car LOOKS awesome. performance wise, i think it's lacking. like if you brought it out to an auto-x event, i'd probably laugh. but most people who are serious about their evos and autocross have a set of street wheels and a set of track wheels.
anyway, car looks cool. love the haters.

and to the people hating on young evo owners: i'm 23, married, homeowner, strapped for cash all the time. but i own a ix gsr, take care of like it's my baby, properly maintain it, autocross it as much as possible, and performance always comes before looks.

Quick Reply: ** Emo Evo **