Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Boltz.' Build Thread 2011.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks GREAT!!! Good work
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Couldn't help noticing you were going with an o2 dump after reading this first.

Originally Posted by Boltz.
It should be more comfortable to drive and stock like quiet.
[/B]
I am running an o2 dump at the moment, figuring when I bought it that it being loud as all hell only during WOT was a good thing. I have since changed my mind about that. The problem with the o2 dump is that in ensures EVERYONE around you will be looking right at you when you go WOT. Cool when you're trying to impress/scare people, not so cool when you just want to floor for fun on the commute home. IMO it makes the car feel more like an on/off switch.

Just want to make sure you've thought it through as I'm swapping mine for an Invidia o2 housing.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice-very clean evo!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car looks great man!! Love the tail lights and the AEM Uego placement....I am definitely looking forward to your BBK-B results...I just got my car running a couple weeks ago with my BBK-B...I've been street tuning the car slowly this week...threw a nice Mivec MAP in last night...I need to work a bit more on the fuel map and I'm only running 22psi or so right now...car is real smooth though...I will be running 93 oct. all the time...In regards to the maf pipe, what about a Perrin or Samco Silicone maf pipe? You can pick up the Samco pipes cheap, thats is what I am using with my BBK-B...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

I like the white/black/yellow combo
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Looking good I like the placement of the Uego. And Jerry is cute too :P
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:24 AM

really like those wheel u got on been looking for something like that for GG
Old May 4, 2011, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bumper for some updates from Boltz!
Old May 4, 2011, 11:47 AM

looks good
Old May 4, 2011, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Nice job on the gauge integration. Too bad AEM doesn't make a slightly smaller gauge.

-Acree
Old May 4, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice build! I have always liked your car, sweet setup.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

Justin,
Your car is sick man...i love the set up you got. Hope all is well man. I have been kinda MIA from the forum for the last 9 months or so.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Couldn't help noticing you were going with an o2 dump after reading this first.

I am running an o2 dump at the moment, figuring when I bought it that it being loud as all hell only during WOT was a good thing. I have since changed my mind about that. The problem with the o2 dump is that in ensures EVERYONE around you will be looking right at you when you go WOT. Cool when you're trying to impress/scare people, not so cool when you just want to floor for fun on the commute home. IMO it makes the car feel more like an on/off switch.

Just want to make sure you've thought it through as I'm swapping mine for an Invidia o2 housing.

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have been more clear in my original post. I basically drive my car three ways; putzing around town like a grandma, spiritedly around town under ~15psi, or like a bat out of hell. Where I live, I care not much about noise violations but rather speeding tickets. I don't do much in terms of driving crazy on the street but I guess my point is that if I'm WOT for more than a few seconds I have bigger fish to fry than worry about a sound violation especially with the new speeding rules in Illinois. I understand that the noise might cause more attention and lead to a better chance of a ticket, but with the new rules in Illinois, going to jail speeds take less than 7 seconds from a dead stop. When I do let her rip, I'm usually on an on ramp to 90e or out in the country. In St. Charles, we're basically on the edge of the urban sprawl. I only have about a 3 minute drive until I hit farm country that goes all through Iowa.

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Car looks great man!! Love the tail lights and the AEM Uego placement....I am definitely looking forward to your BBK-B results...I just got my car running a couple weeks ago with my BBK-B...I've been street tuning the car slowly this week...threw a nice Mivec MAP in last night...I need to work a bit more on the fuel map and I'm only running 22psi or so right now...car is real smooth though...I will be running 93 oct. all the time...In regards to the maf pipe, what about a Perrin or Samco Silicone maf pipe? You can pick up the Samco pipes cheap, thats is what I am using with my BBK-B...
The Perrin or Samco hoses are good, however the benefits from them are purely aesthetic.

Originally Posted by SHhhhh
Very nice build! I have always liked your car, sweet setup.
Thanks! Didn't I buy the APR diffuser from you?

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
Justin,
Your car is sick man...i love the set up you got. Hope all is well man. I have been kinda MIA from the forum for the last 9 months or so.
Thanks Monty! Good to hear from you! How's life? PM me!

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone! There is much much more to come and surprises in store as well
Old May 5, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

The car got rained on a bit. This is what proper paint protection looks like. MMMM Beads...

Old May 5, 2011, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Ha, Potenza's!

And wax beading pics never get old!

Quick Reply: Boltz.' Build Thread 2011.