Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official "STANCED" Evo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kbuss
^^ I too could run 285s if I had 3 finger gap, but I like a little tire tuck. So even 265s are pushing it.

I only have a 2-3" finger gap because my cheap megan coilovers that came with my car are seized. I can run these tires tucked if I wanted w/ more camber. You can't run this if you are running the incorrect offset. You need R/T Ernie end links.

I will lower my car 2-3 more inches when I get my ohlins. But I don't want to run hella flush because I don't want to destroy the undercarriage of my car and upset the suspension geometry. I prefer to set my car up to rape at the track rather than be raped by unlevel pavement.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Graphic
I only have a 2-3" finger gap because my cheap megan coilovers that came with my car are seized. I can run these tires tucked if I wanted w/ more camber. You can't run this if you are running the incorrect offset. You need R/T Ernie end links.
What is the "correct" offset then? And how do R/T Ernie end links make a difference, I am legitimately curious.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Graphic

I will lower my car 2-3 more inches when I get my ohlins. But I don't want to run hella flush because I don't want to destroy the undercarriage of my car and upset the suspension geometry. I prefer to set my car up to rape at the track rather than be raped by unlevel pavement.
spray your coils with pb blaster then use an air hammer with a flat style head on it and lightly apply it to the part of the coilover that the sleeve runs into all around as much as you can,guarantee it will break them free. As far as not wanting to go low and rape the bottom of your car,once again someones in the wrong thread lol
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
I need pics of this. You must not be tucking any tire if you are running 285s on a 10.5. I can run 265s on my 11s, but then I would have to keep it raised, which I don't want. I put 245s on today, dropped her back down and am currently tucking half the tire.
I've posted a pic in this thread. Too slow for me to find it on my phone, but i tuck all the way.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by AWDBoostin
18x10 +22 all around fr500's
1"in spacer in front= effective offset -3 front
5mm spacer in rear= +18,
235/40/18 falken 612's
-3.6 front camber
-3.3 rear camber
all work done myself,smashed off front lip,what can i say comes with the low life

sickkk.. loving the set up. what kind of wheels are those BTW ?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

What is the "correct" offset then? And how do R/T Ernie end links make a difference, I am legitimately curious.
You shouldn't be running a rim with lower offset than 35. Honestly I wish I was running a +38-+42 offset but I couldn't find rims within my budget. The R/TErnie end links allow you to run more tire inboard. My rims honestly look fairly dished. More so around a +24+26 offset on a 9" (Don't quote me, as I don't know the exact measurement that it would equate to on a smaller rim).

spray your coils with pb blaster then use an air hammer with a flat style head on it and lightly apply it to the part of the coilover that the sleeve runs into all around as much as you can,guarantee it will break them free. As far as not wanting to go low and rape the bottom of your car,once again someones in the wrong thread lol
Thanks man! I will try that out here soon and see how it goes.. If that is the case I can swap my springs around to run the stiffer one in the rear and set preload until I can afford ohlins..

As far as not wanting to go low and rape the bottom of your car,once again someones in the wrong thread lol
Yeah I know, I still like how the cars look. It's just not practical for my application. I don't hate on the people in this thread, we just have different agendas. I bought my car for performance first, dollar for dollar I couldn't find a better application. I once bought a hella flush Honda and it created so many problems for me. Didn't stop well, not enough tire contact, followed grooves really bad, I didn't like how it felt when driving. Needless to say I sold it and bought a really nice HX Civic. In the end it's really about user preference.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
subscribed..
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:49 AM

JDMEVOLEX they're a set of replica fr500 wheels made for mustangs. I have rota p45r's and linea corse lemans wheels for the car also but these were only $116 each and never seen it done and loved how the wheel looked so i went for it. The price is and availability is just ridiculous compared to waiting 8 months like I did for the linea's last year and now I stuck them on my talon lol
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:41 PM

Got 1 of my new rims today, so excited to make these fit.

Name:  T2eC16JQE9s3HEE8GBQGYPzU59g60_57.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  23.3 KB
Name:  KGrHqUOKi8E2Wb6GqMlBNsiyTNuH_1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  18.5 KB
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twizted Dragon
Got 1 of my new rims today, so excited to make these fit.

19x11 lamborgini rims?????????????? going to need spacers for that
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:19 PM

Adapters because they are 5x112, should sit flush with the right tires, waiting on the other 3 to get here over time, then test and fit and digi camo paint the faces.

Trying to break all the rules with this setup, 1st of its kind on an Evo.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twizted Dragon
Adapters because they are 5x112, should sit flush with the right tires, waiting on the other 3 to get here over time, then test and fit and digi camo paint the faces.

Trying to break all the rules with this setup, 1st of its kind on an Evo.
+1 im doing something different too, custom painted 3pc converted volk gt-p's size 18x11! At least you are trying something a little different. Ii thought the offset was in the +60's? Thats why i say spacer. I think you could use wobble bolts for the 512!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:09 PM

Lol wobble bolts

Actually the lambo rims since they are all rears the offset is 32mm so with the adapter they should be poking almost perfect then I gotta find the right size tire and hopefully no rub with the coils or rear control arms.... Gonna be a tight fit.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ErikB

wheel and tire specs please, been looking at a set of these for awhile!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by 2OO3SILVEREVO
Try loading my car with 2 inch lowering springs and a front lip in the rain...
Mine is probably lower than yours in the front, this is how I did it:

Quick Reply: Official "STANCED" Evo Thread