Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official "STANCED" Evo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For a good laugh, I suppose

Edit: An Evo (or any car really) can have a good "stance" without having the wheels sitting sideways with tires that are too small. But whatever, it's not my Evo getting ruined..

Last edited by DSMdynamic; Jan 10, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
For a good laugh, I suppose Edit: An Evo (or any car really) can have a good "stance" without having the wheels sitting sideways with tires that are too small. But whatever, it's not my Evo getting ruined..
I just hope these 20k+ vehicle doesn't start loosing their value due to the devastating underbody, 1/4 panels ect.. Because of the "stance" . ...I respect all scene, cars, "wave" and new movement, and I personally owned stanced vehicles back when it started to rise 2008-09 but it was a 5k accord not a 20k+ evo :O but at the end of day kids would always have parents money to do what they pleased with cars
Old Jan 10, 2014, 09:41 PM

Not a fan of stretched tires on evo's. It hurts me but I guess I know how the e30 folks felt when I owned one.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 09:00 AM

when i bought mine it came with xd9 18x10 wheels and 215 40 18 tires.... dumbest thing ever.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SS1000RR
when i bought mine it came with xd9 18x10 wheels and 215 40 18 tires.... dumbest thing ever.
goes out of the way to come to this thread to say how dumb it is.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the stanced look. The extreme, unsafe examples of it are what I'm not so much a fan of.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:52 AM

hey hows it going everybody. i just sold my evo 9 and bought a 2014 evo x and was wondering if anybody has pics of an evo x with Advan RS-D 18s and then the same wheel in 19s. thanks i appreciate it
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously dude. wrong thread.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Luis_alexis
I just hope these 20k+ vehicle doesn't start loosing their value due to the devastating underbody, 1/4 panels ect.. Because of the "stance" . ...I respect all scene, cars, "wave" and new movement, and I personally owned stanced vehicles back when it started to rise 2008-09 but it was a 5k accord not a 20k+ evo :O but at the end of day kids would always have parents money to do what they pleased with cars
Too late.

There are a variety of reasons why Evo's are the new Honda's but suffice it to say the cheaper the car is the more accessible it is to people who could care less about the performance aspect of the car and more about the status/wow factor the car itself brings.

These are usually the ones that make their evo fit some sort of current trend, neglect the maintenance or short cut it......need major repairs or find out how much something costs to really fix that they can't get around.......then sell the car as perfect to some poor evo owner that gets completely blindsided by the unexpected repairs needed so early.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Too late.

There are a variety of reasons why Evo's are the new Honda's but suffice it to say the cheaper the car is the more accessible it is to people who could care less about the performance aspect of the car and more about the status/wow factor the car itself brings.

These are usually the ones that make their evo fit some sort of current trend, neglect the maintenance or short cut it......need major repairs or find out how much something costs to really fix that they can't get around.......then sell the car as perfect to some poor evo owner that gets completely blindsided by the unexpected repairs needed so early.
completely agree with you, best thing to do is get out this thread that's completely useless for me !
Old Jan 11, 2014, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
Just so you know, the tire may have "popped" over the bead hump.
Just a friendly FYI, the "bead hump" is called a "drop center."

Have a nice day!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Too late.

This is a drastic generalization of the "stanced" scene. There are the cases like this yes, but in general any "nice" car will still be taken care of. Plenty of examples of this with Honda, Nissan, Toyota, etc., etc. etc. which are far cheaper cars and still very well taken care of. Saying Evos are the new Hondas I don't think is true by any means
Old Jan 11, 2014, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe I should've been clearer.

When I say what I said I speak to the percentage of car owner that isn't brand loyal, generally will cut corners to achieve a desired look or performance regardless of the negative affects and normally doesn't have the money to fix the stuff they did wrong.

They would just as soon sell the vehicle and move on to another platform. They don't modify to make a car better or even for their own aesthetic tastes, they modify because of the "new hotness".

I did say Honda but you can easily lump people who jumped on the 240 platform and cut/hacked their way into the drift scene. Yes I know there are pristine examples of Hondas and Nissans (240's in particular) but they are generally outnumbered by the amount of car owners willing to stance their car out at the detriment to the safety of the public (no offense to anyone in this thread) or cut their springs or do whatever thats cheaper then actually doing stuff the right way.

All this being said let me say this. I love Honda's. Its where I started but I had a clean example of one when I was into them (I'm still debating doing a Civic with a K series motor as a daily driver). I don't think that the Evo going the way of the DSM is a bad thing. Eventually the locusts will move on to another car platform after devouring all the bad examples leaving those of us that still care about the car to continue showing what evo ownership that isn't based solely on a videogame or whats new automotive trend coming out of Japan is all about.

Sorry to generalize but vast majority of children bastardizing Evo's seem to come from Honda Civics or Nissan 240's.

I've said it repeatedly in this thread but I'll say it again. Some of these cars are nice but the last few with the tires severely stretched over the rim are def not my cup of tea. I straddle the line in this thread. Some of these cars look awesome but some are just plain, bad. Mine is an opinion just like anyone else's. Like it, hate it.......Its one of many opinions.

Maybe I should've said Evo's are the new DSM. There is a direct correlation between how cheap the platform is getting and becoming more accessible to people who wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford them (and usually not having the money to fix them properly).

Hell I am in this demographic. I'm waiting for the GTR to get to a price point that I'm willing to pay to get into one.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jan 11, 2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe I should've been clearer.

When I say what I said I speak to the percentage of car owner that isn't brand loyal, generally will cut corners to achieve a desired look or performance regardless of the negative affects and normally doesn't have the money to fix the stuff they did wrong.

They would just as soon sell the vehicle and move on to another platform. They don't modify to make a car better or even for their own aesthetic tastes, they modify because of the "new hotness".

I did say Honda but you can easily lump people who jumped on the 240 platform and cut/hacked their way into the drift scene. Yes I know there are pristine examples of Hondas and Nissans (240's in particular) but they are generally outnumbered by the amount of car owners willing to stance their car out at the detriment to the safety of the public (no offense to anyone in this thread) or cut their springs or do whatever thats cheaper then actually doing stuff the right way.

All this being said let me say this. I love Honda's. Its where I started but I had a clean example of one when I was into them (I'm still debating doing a Civic with a K series motor as a daily driver). I don't think that the Evo going the way of the DSM is a bad thing. Eventually the locusts will move on to another car platform after devouring all the bad examples leaving those of us that still care about the car to continue showing what evo ownership that isn't based solely on a videogame or whats new automotive trend coming out of Japan is all about.

Sorry to generalize but vast majority of children bastardizing Evo's seem to come from Honda Civics or Nissan 240's.

I've said it repeatedly in this thread but I'll say it again. Some of these cars are nice but the last few with the tires severely stretched over the rim are def not my cup of tea. I straddle the line in this thread. Some of these cars look awesome but some are just plain, bad. Mine is an opinion just like anyone else's. Like it, hate it.......Its one of many opinions.

Maybe I should've said Evo's are the new DSM. There is a direct correlation between how cheap the platform is getting and becoming more accessible to people who wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford them (and usually not having the money to fix them properly).

Hell I am in this demographic. I'm waiting for the GTR to get to a price point that I'm willing to pay to get into one.
Back to my car, it's my daily so it has to to stay tip top condition. Fluid fkushes, services, and maintenence all stay tip top. The car has ccw wheels going on it. Broadway static coil overs. Built by fortune auto. Very high dollar. Nothing is going to be hacked. It will be 100% reversible. This isn't being done with mommy and daddy's money. This is not being done to fit in. If that were the case I would have ran a 275 and kept my lowering springs on and tracked the car. I just enjoy the evo chassis and even more the evo ix. This is something I want to do. Many people on here think it's stupid. Ugly. Unsafe. And a fad. Or just honestly don't understand it. But when the car is finished it will be something any REAL car enthusiast should respect because of the work and not cutting corners. The car will eventually get more HP parts. But wanted it visually finished before that. I know barely anyone on here will like the car. But maybe some people can see that low offset and stretched tires can be done safe.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:52 AM

Static.

Name:  50C14265-069A-4B93-BAF9-0B23FFF65681_zpskslgdcpv.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  171.5 KB

Quick Reply: Official "STANCED" Evo Thread