Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official "STANCED" Evo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^that's not funny
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Twizted Dragon
Static.

More useless riceball junk. Pathetic really
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S.Brewer
Back to my car, it's my daily so it has to to stay tip top condition. Fluid fkushes, services, and maintenence all stay tip top. The car has ccw wheels going on it. Broadway static coil overs. Built by fortune auto. Very high dollar. Nothing is going to be hacked. It will be 100% reversible. This isn't being done with mommy and daddy's money. This is not being done to fit in. If that were the case I would have ran a 275 and kept my lowering springs on and tracked the car. I just enjoy the evo chassis and even more the evo ix. This is something I want to do. Many people on here think it's stupid. Ugly. Unsafe. And a fad. Or just honestly don't understand it. But when the car is finished it will be something any REAL car enthusiast should respect because of the work and not cutting corners. The car will eventually get more HP parts. But wanted it visually finished before that. I know barely anyone on here will like the car. But maybe some people can see that low offset and stretched tires can be done safe.
I wasnt speaking on you specifically sir. I remember some of the previous versions of your car and I think I liked it best in the earlier pictures. Any more extreme then that is not really my thing but its your car.

Best of luck to you.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Width of the wheels above is kinda impressive though on a Evo anyway
Old Jan 12, 2014, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Maybe I should've been clearer.

When I say what I said I speak to the percentage of car owner that isn't brand loyal, generally will cut corners to achieve a desired look or performance regardless of the negative affects and normally doesn't have the money to fix the stuff they did wrong.

They would just as soon sell the vehicle and move on to another platform. They don't modify to make a car better or even for their own aesthetic tastes, they modify because of the "new hotness".

I did say Honda but you can easily lump people who jumped on the 240 platform and cut/hacked their way into the drift scene. Yes I know there are pristine examples of Hondas and Nissans (240's in particular) but they are generally outnumbered by the amount of car owners willing to stance their car out at the detriment to the safety of the public (no offense to anyone in this thread) or cut their springs or do whatever thats cheaper then actually doing stuff the right way.

All this being said let me say this. I love Honda's. Its where I started but I had a clean example of one when I was into them (I'm still debating doing a Civic with a K series motor as a daily driver). I don't think that the Evo going the way of the DSM is a bad thing. Eventually the locusts will move on to another car platform after devouring all the bad examples leaving those of us that still care about the car to continue showing what evo ownership that isn't based solely on a videogame or whats new automotive trend coming out of Japan is all about.

Sorry to generalize but vast majority of children bastardizing Evo's seem to come from Honda Civics or Nissan 240's.

I've said it repeatedly in this thread but I'll say it again. Some of these cars are nice but the last few with the tires severely stretched over the rim are def not my cup of tea. I straddle the line in this thread. Some of these cars look awesome but some are just plain, bad. Mine is an opinion just like anyone else's. Like it, hate it.......Its one of many opinions.

Maybe I should've said Evo's are the new DSM. There is a direct correlation between how cheap the platform is getting and becoming more accessible to people who wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford them (and usually not having the money to fix them properly).

Hell I am in this demographic. I'm waiting for the GTR to get to a price point that I'm willing to pay to get into one.
I agree with Smurf.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by iitzbebo

Love the color combo
Old Jan 16, 2014, 09:43 PM

Maybe i can help this thread out a bit Pushing it with my setup. Sorry for the I-phone crappy picture

Old Jan 17, 2014, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

^ So sick bro!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChanseEvo8
Maybe i can help this thread out a bit Pushing it with my setup. Sorry for the I-phone crappy picture

****ing clean! looks similar to what i want to do with mine!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Installing my wheels and suspension yesterday Name:  20140116_155132_zpsurxd5dmc.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  78.1 KB
Old Jan 17, 2014, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
disgracing an evo like that. if that tire comes below 40 psi it will just unseat itself, seeing as how it dimensionally can't be seated to the wheel.

you dont need 40+psi to keep the tire on the rim. ive had old mini trucks with some stretch and ran them around 35 tops. never had a problem (205/50's on 10inch rim). everyone thinks you need crazy psi to keep tires seated. thats what beads are for. im not sticking up for what hes doing just dropping a little knowledge on ya
Old Jan 17, 2014, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S.Brewer
Installing my wheels and suspension yesterday
I don't know who could even look at that and think WOW that looks good. Looks like you were either too cheap to buy tires that fit or were too dumb to know any better.

Looks like ****. Makes for a good laugh though. My friends and I thank you for your continued comedy routine
Old Jan 17, 2014, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I don't know who could even look at that and think WOW that looks good. Looks like you were either too cheap to buy tires that fit or were too dumb to know any better.

Looks like ****. Makes for a good laugh though. My friends and I thank you for your continued comedy routine

Can I ask why you bother coming to the stance thread? I know everyone is entitled to opinions, but what he posted is pretty much exactly what the thread is intended for lol
Old Jan 17, 2014, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pssst
Can I ask why you bother coming to the stance thread? I know everyone is entitled to opinions, but what he posted is pretty much exactly what the thread is intended for lol
Comedy for myself, and so that folks that may be new to these cars can understand that this is dangerous and stupid
Old Jan 17, 2014, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Comedy for myself, and so that folks that may be new to these cars can understand that this is dangerous and stupid
overdoing the stance is stupid, because at some point itl just strt looking like a chassis touching the ground with no wheels. I do appreciate a tastefully lowered evo still able to function with a nice quality set of wheels, can you call that stanced? I think so, That being said this thread has both amazing, and ridiculous looking evos.

Quick Reply: Official "STANCED" Evo Thread