Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official "STANCED" Evo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
overdoing the stance is stupid, because at some point itl just strt looking like a chassis touching the ground with no wheels. I do appreciate a tastefully lowered evo still able to function with a nice quality set of wheels, can you call that stanced? I think so, That being said this thread has both amazing, and ridiculous looking evos.
Agreed. 100%.

My EVO has always been "lowered" on one set up or another over the years.

There is a difference between a functional "lowered" suspension and Full Dip**** though.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup. My car is ugly. NOT Functional. Dangerous. And played out. But to everyone who has seen it and don't like it, what do you drive? I haven't the slightest clue what your cars look like because they blend in so much they grab 0 but of attention. So hate or dislike as you please, different is this days normal
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by S.Brewer
Yup. My car is ugly. NOT Functional. Dangerous. And played out. But to everyone who has seen it and don't like it, what do you drive? I haven't the slightest clue what your cars look like because they blend in so much they grab 0 but of attention. So hate or dislike as you please, different is this days normal
Evo Blend in??? Umm No.

Attention. I get enough attention in the damn thing already. From cops and every lil boy racer in the world you don't see CT9A Evos here. It is quite annoying

This proves my point as to why people do this BS, it's for the attention of others while the car sits like a limp turd in some Applebees parking lot. Maybe its low self esteem or LD Syndrome not sure.

Funny part is most are laughing at you.

Never bought or modded a car in my life for approval or attention of others. In fact I find it creepy and annoying
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ You must be having a bad day.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly, if all your doing is modding a car just to get peoples attention that's pretty pathetic. If that's all your looking for, go buy a 95 Honda Accord, vinyl wrap it bright pink with a picture of a giant ball bag on each side... that will get plenty of attention...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoooB
Honestly, if all your doing is modding a car just to get peoples attention that's pretty pathetic. If that's all your looking for, go buy a 95 Honda Accord, vinyl wrap it bright pink with a picture of a giant ball bag on each side... that will get plenty of attention...
this this this this, matter fact I'm just the opposite, I ended up switching to a black evo instead of red and removing the wing just so I'd attract less attention! Lol if you buy a certain car/mod it just for the hope in turning heads you've got some serious self confidence issues. It's very pathetic.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The purpose is not to get attn. But it does. I've said it a million times. I build all mt cars for me. Nobody else. That's just an added bonus.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a lot of comedians in this thread. Yes it's a forum and everyone is entitle to an opinion. But if you don't like what you see. Shut up and move on lol. It's a stanced thread not aggressive. It's not your money nor your car, people will do as they pleased. More pictures and less girly gossip haha.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 02:21 PM

^this

Originally Posted by S.Brewer
Installing my wheels and suspension yesterday
More pictures. I'm curious to see what the whole car looks like. Don't feed the trolls.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

People need to realize this is a performance car. THE MAJORITY WILL NOT LIKE YOU DOING THIS. I think it's ridiculous but that's me. You pretty much throw out everything an evo is good at when doing this, there no use for your AWD, for your active differentials, for the power, turbo, handling, ANYTHING. It makes people wonder why you didn't just do it to a base lancer instead? When there's a cult following to a vehicle, certain things won't be accepted. Imagine how the skyline world would react to people "laying frame" to one of those gems? At the end of the day people cane do what they want, just have thick skin lol.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
This proves my point as to why people do this BS, it's for the attention of others while the car sits like a limp turd in some Applebees parking lot. Maybe its low self esteem or LD Syndrome not sure.

Funny part is most are laughing at you.

Never bought or modded a car in my life for approval or attention of others. In fact I find it creepy and annoying
Originally Posted by EvoooB
I lol'd
Old Jan 17, 2014, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
This same garbage gets spewed over and over. Who cares what someone else does with their car. It's not ruining your life in any way, just live and let live.

If you really think of yourself as a car person, you should be ashamed that you're telling someone else that their work is crap just because you don't agree with it.

No, I would never have my car that low. It's terribly impractical, an uncomfortable ride, and handles like crap. That doesn't mean that I'm going to poo on someone else's enjoyment simply because I disagree with them. I can appreciate their style and how THEY represent it very well by having a clean car or having a car THEY enjoy driving. If someone wants to modify their car so that others get attention then so be it. I clean my car so that others will compliment how clean it is; that's the same thing
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
This same garbage gets spewed over and over. Who cares what someone else does with their car. It's not ruining your life in any way, just live and let live.

If you really think of yourself as a car person, you should be ashamed that you're telling someone else that their work is crap just because you don't agree with it.

No, I would never have my car that low. It's terribly impractical, an uncomfortable ride, and handles like crap. That doesn't mean that I'm going to poo on someone else's enjoyment simply because I disagree with them. I can appreciate their style and how THEY represent it very well by having a clean car or having a car THEY enjoy driving. If someone wants to modify their car so that others get attention then so be it. I clean my car so that others will compliment how clean it is; that's the same thing
totally agree
Old Jan 18, 2014, 07:57 AM

Name:  C1399B62-0104-41DC-9CF5-67078F9F49E2_zpsxshoyyfc.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  64.1 KB
Old Jan 18, 2014, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
overdoing the stance is stupid, because at some point itl just strt looking like a chassis touching the ground with no wheels. I do appreciate a tastefully lowered evo still able to function with a nice quality set of wheels, can you call that stanced? I think so, That being said this thread has both amazing, and ridiculous looking evos.
100% agree. I love wide wheels on Evo's and even I can admit that I have a slight stretch on my wheels but the rim poking over the bead like that is just ugly imo.

Quick Reply: Official "STANCED" Evo Thread