Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Coilovers for the stanced and the low?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am on fortune auto 500 and i love then.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took my Tein Flex's apart to swap the springs and when I put them back together I must've left them really low when I out the car back on the ground it was low I don't even know how the car rolled (It was an accident).

Had BC's before this and I believe they went really low....I never tried it. Look in the stanced thread and ask some of the posters what they were running.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:23 PM

Since handling obviously isn't a concern for the "hellaflush", my advice would be to get the cheapest/****tiest coilovers you can find.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06RS
Just cut your Tein springs, and you'll be good to go. People say that the Tein springs don't drop the car very much, so cutting the springs seems completely reasonable.
Hehe... Tein... I'm really surprised that Evo owners are still using them knowing that they will bottom out and blow your stock struts.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by AdvanRG2
Great looking car but the 'MR' emblem does not belong on the trunk, especially an EVO w/ a sun-roof.
i agree, the previous owner put tht badge on there not me.. i am removing the badge this weekend when i clean the car.

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
I agree, I wouldnt change the car op. I want those rims if you sell though! lol
the rims are for sale already. i just havent had the time to remove them to get the specs off the back of them.

Originally Posted by 06RS
Just cut your Tein springs, and you'll be good to go. People say that the Tein springs don't drop the car very much, so cutting the springs seems completely reasonable.
cut springs are a BIG NO! i did tht to a honda i had when i was like 15 an OMG tht ride sucked lol

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I took my Tein Flex's apart to swap the springs and when I put them back together I must've left them really low when I out the car back on the ground it was low I don't even know how the car rolled (It was an accident).

Had BC's before this and I believe they went really low....I never tried it. Look in the stanced thread and ask some of the posters what they were running.
did you drive the car with them being that low? i dont want a bouncy (cut-springs) type of ride.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Nope never did. I would NEVER do that to be honest. Looked too unsafe so I can't speak to the ride....only that they seem to have the ability to go really really low.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 203banshee
i dont want a bouncy (cut-springs) type of ride.
You do know that cutting springs makes them stiffer, yes?

Theoretically, there is nothing wrong with cutting springs. The problems usually come from people cutting too much and ending up on their bumpstops.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your EVO looks/sits good the way it is now, I would just switch your Tein springs with Swift springs and debadge the rear. Why don't you slam and stretch your Jetta and leave the EVO the way it is?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by reboundicon
Your EVO looks/sits good the way it is now, I would just switch your Tein springs with Swift springs and debadge the rear. Why don't you slam and stretch your Jetta and leave the EVO the way it is?
Word
EVO is not designed to be slammed
And to the fella who suggesting cutting spring,this is just ridiculous proportion to even bother/thinking about
I hate the whole Hellaflush/poke tyre movement
There is a reason why EVO come with Brembo 4/2 Pot,ACD + Front/Rear LSD,BBS Forged Wheel
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 203banshee
sorry to go off topic, but to the original poster, what is the bottom piece of your rear bumper and where can i get one?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zenki-s13
sorry to go off topic, but to the original poster, what is the bottom piece of your rear bumper and where can i get one?
It is an APR rear diffuser, a few vendors on the forums have them in stock. They run around $500 and are a direct bolt on.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

thank you for the info, im really liking this.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

I think the guy suggesting to cut springs was being sarcastic.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not entirely.

Yes, many things can go wrong when you cut OE springs, but I think it's important to understand what does (and what doesn't) happen when you do it. I've seen many people say that cutting springs lowers their rate; this is the opposite of true. In fact, the math involved in calculating how much stiffer your springs will be when you cut them is very simple.

As an experiment, I cut about 3/4 of a coil off the front and 1 coil off the rear of my 2G DSM's springs. (I already had the suspension apart to install coilovers, but GC had sent a wrong part and I had an event in two days and love doing experiments. All in all, I'd say it broke even in terms of handling. As long as I stayed off the bumpstops, it was better, but if an outside wheel hit a bump mid-corner, bye-bye.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:27 AM

I'm on function forms I'm low and they ride very good. Btw I love that rear diffuser on the stock USDM rear bumper! Very nice =)

Quick Reply: Coilovers for the stanced and the low?