Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Zaino vs Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2003, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, black is just killer when is has just been cleaned. I guess I expected too much out of the Zaino process. That having been said, the results are still impressive. And I also "maintain" the paint several times a week as hopeful as that may seem for us black paint owners.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

kimletrim,

have you tried Meg ScratchX and later Gold Class? It worked out well in removing minor swirls. Am not a big fan on Meg (neither Zaino as i cant get my hands on them in my country) but i have to admit that the ScratchX can actually minimise the swirls and light scratches.

The Gold Class on the other hand really brings out the shine of dark coloured cars.

As for wax, I normally use Diax Pikaso and Diax Royal Maxim as it gives the car an extra added shine (on top the Gold Class) and makes car washing a breeze. When it rains, you seriously do not need to wash it. Shall try to show you some pics when i get a hold of a digicam.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 07:10 PM

hey heres a question: whats evo paint like so far? I have a 2000 Subaru RS and the paint is very thin and chips easily...basically it sucks. If i go evo...ill probably get a black one and embark on years of paint care to keep up that great black car shine.

thanks for your thoughts

mike
Old Dec 28, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

how much more expensive is zaino than meguiars? I think i paid under $7 for Gold Class... you guys are talking about hundreds of dollars.... wtf.. i don't get it! also i use the gold class and then just touch it up with Meguiars Quick Detailer between waxings..
Old Dec 28, 2003, 07:29 PM
In Timeout

The kit I think is $80 for a wash, clar bars, 3-4 different waxes, pads, and some other stuff. It really does work well. I have used this http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm and at $1350.00 it's no better then anything else just more money. The ONLY reason I used this is because the owner of the company had a NSX and let us use the product.

Originally posted by kevin
how much more expensive is zaino than meguiars? I think i paid under $7 for Gold Class... you guys are talking about hundreds of dollars.... wtf.. i don't get it! also i use the gold class and then just touch it up with Meguiars Quick Detailer between waxings..
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

allwheels...there have been threads on paint complaint but so far no complaints from me. Seems about the same as my previous Mitus, DSM, VW ... cars

Kevin...Prices are on zainobros.com. It's not hundreds. I do the same with the detail spray.

Dyno...I tried Zymol and was less than impressed on previous cars. Not an affordable solution for a car you drive every day.

Well so far no change but no weather either. The car looks great on both sides. had it out to the movies and under the parking lot lights you still can't see any difference.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:09 PM

I've used Zaino for almost two years on my WRX and now on my Evo and think that it's the best product that I've ever used. It last long, give an awesome shine, and the "creamy" feeling is second to none. Although a bit expensive, I think it is well worth the coin. I had a Silver WRX and now a White Evo so not to sure how good the "anti-swirl" works on dark colors. I haven't used the tire glaze and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Ronin
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

...hmmm

Last edited by designmanfx; Jan 7, 2004 at 08:10 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

You should make a video. Theres nothing like seeing a mean clean black evo cruising the streets.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

If you had a hard time applying or removing the Zaino then your using too much. There is a local guy that sell Zaino out of his house and gets all the new products or test products to be released to test out himself. When I bought my kit he showed me how thin the Zaino goes on. You don't have to use hardly any on the applicator to get results.

Oh BTW...I have about 12 coats of Zaino on my EVO and it just gets better and better everytime I apply it. I'll never go back to anything else.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't say it was hard...just harder than the Meguiars. It was applied thinly. Again time will tell. I suppose if I have the time I willl apply additional coats of each on their respective sides to see what happens under multiple coats.

Video?
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

i never used clay bars on any of my former cars.. whats the deal with that.. just a way to insure that you remove all old wax buildups before applying the new stuff? From pictures I've seen on packages that come with clay bars it makes it look like it removes clearcoat down to paint.. which i know probably isnt the case...
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

I've been using Meguiars Gold Class for quite awhile. I don't think anything I've tried gives a better shine, but it doesn't last real long. I only put on one coat every month or so and my car is garaged and not driven in the rain.

I would bet that the Zaino in this test will last longer.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

I have always used Meguiars and have always gone through the different steps they recommend and have always loved it. I know everyone nowadays is talking about Zaino so I want to try it and see for myself. I also used to use Zymol and I thought that stuff was pretty good, I guess one of these days I'll have to do a comparison myself.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To really get the Zaino effect you need to clay it first. This will remove ALL surface particles from you paint. You cant just wash it in dawn, and get everything out of your paint.

- Wash car in Dawn
- Clay ENTIRE car
- Wash car again
- Apply Zaino Z5 (with ZFX accelerator) one or two times until your swirls go away
- Apply Zaino Z2 (with ZFX accelerator) as many times as you want. Each coat will make your paint look deeper and richer. Its really amazing.

Quick Reply: Zaino vs Meguiars