Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

LancerShop 3 guage pillar pod =

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by uvambo
what kind of black paint did you use?
Satin Black came out really nice

Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by droppinbottom
I guess we all have our own opinions. In the end I should of just ordered the cheap one from map and painted it to match and saved my $40. Truthfully the reason I felt they should have given a full refund and I pay return shipping is due to the product not being as they described.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling the way you do cause I feel the same way. You have to be honest though, the aftermarket is full of parts like this. The distributor just copies and pastes the manufacter's description of the product. A place like Lancershop isn't gonna know how well it fits.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

I completely understand that its a grab bag when trying to buy aftermarket parts like this, but its not worth a penny over 40$ with workmanship like that, the grain doesn't match, it doesn't come with a speaker grill, u have screw heads showing. and somehow they managed to find cheaper plastics than what the evo came with from the factory

Nothing frustrates me more then some overpriced aftermarket part thats not worth the money. they should advertise it for what it is. not to mention lancershop doesn't have LARGE pictures for you to be able to make a good decision before buying. i was seriously looking at going with this pod but instead went with the rexspeed dash topper. im going to have to buy some different gauges if i wanto to use it though or drill a hole in my dash, thats not going to happen lol. but im sorry to hear about this man, hopefully noone else runs into this issue, THANKYOU for posting pics and writing a review. i was, at one time seriously thinking about getting this pod
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Nothing but bad experience trying to order from them. They do have a nice selection but im scared of ordering from them
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:45 PM

I was planning on ordering these from them too. Since they did state that the color would MATCH our interior. Seeing how it is i will back off from ordering and look elsewhere.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

I think it's BS they make you pay a 25% restock fee & not get a full refund. If you're not happy, you're not happy. Thanks for posting this, I'll be more careful who I do business with.

I woulda told Heather to blow me. She asked if there's anything else she could do
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

YES, more reviews are needed. I hope people will STOP buying and ACCEPTING trash parts. It hurts the whole aftermarket community. There is a huge difference between getting a good deal and getting what you paid for. There are so many parts out for the evo 8/9 that are just garbage.

Whats sad is that, now that these cars are no longer in production, companies aren't really building all new good quality parts for our cars anymore. We all might not have paid sticker for our cars but i would think we still expect quality. I've just given up and im now buying as jdm and O.E.M as much as i can for replacements bc of this.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:34 PM

I bought this same pod not doing any research so i cant be to mad but i also was looking around and have seen quite a few other pods that state there replacements has anyone on here ordered one that is legitimately a full on replacement? heres one that i found that says its one.
http://vr-speed.com/store/autometer-...nt-p-1238.html
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ The Autometer pods is not a full replacement, but is by far the best option out there IMO. To my knowledge nobody makes one.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the same pod. After a few Alabama summers the thing has warped visibly when you look at it from outside the car and it rattles badly when my bass hits.