Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

LancerShop 3 guage pillar pod =

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down LancerShop 3 guage pillar pod =

So I got this in the mail today and was all excited untill I opened the box. I ordered their 3 guage pillar pod in grey with the tweeter cut out which was a extra $15.

Pros= complete replacement for the pillar

Cons= Color is horrible
Tweeter cutout has no grill like the factory one
The way it mounts sucks *** as you have two holes in it and it has these
little cheesy *** caps that go over the screws.

You be the judge.

Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah you have to move the tweeter cover from the OEM one over to this one. I've had it for 4 years and had no issues with it honestly other than losing the caps when I moved a few years back . The color on mine matched the factory one...maybe they've changed it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

I contacted the vendor about returning the item and this is the response that I got.

Your personal shopping assistant will be with you in less than 1 minute. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 0 minute(s) and 30 seconds. Thank you for waiting.
I'm 'Heather' your personal shopping assistant. I'm here to answer ANY questions or concerns you may have today.
Heather: Hello, how may I help you?
you: Hi I recently purchased a item from you and yesterday when I recieved the item it was not exactly what I had expected.
Heather: May I have your order ID please?
you: Order #54316
Heather: Thank you, one moment please while I pull your order up.
Heather: I see you ordered the Triple EVO full a-pillar gauge pod w/tweeter cut out, correct?
you: correct
Heather: Ok, how may I assist you?
you: when I opened the package and compared the item to my factory pillar the colors are not matched. The item I purchased is alot darker in color than the original
you: second thing is the tweeter cutout does not come with any type of cover for the tweeter. That leaves me having to modify my stock pillar to use the tweeter cover on the new pillar
Heather: Unfortunately, with this being after market parts, we can not promise that the pillar will match exactly. Did you install the pillar?
you: no i have not installed it
Heather: Are you wanting to return this?
you: depends on what kind of restocking fee I am going to have to pay and will you reinburse for shipping
Heather: Unfortunately, we do not reimburse for shipping and as for the restock fee we will waive it for this time only. Normally we do charge a restock fee of 25%.
Heather: If you return this pod we will refund you the amount of $71.20
you: Not acceptable. Either I loose money on your product or I end up with a poor quality item.
you: That is not a good way to conduct business if you plan on keeping customers
Heather: We sent you what you had ordered.
Heather: We are waiving the re-stock fee.
Heather: it is in out terms and conditions that we do not refund shipping. Also you are responsible for shipping the item back to us.
Heather: http://www.lancershop.com/customer/h...ion=conditions
Heather: Guarantee:
Heather: If for some reason you are not satisfied with your order within 30 days. We will provide a refund (Less shipping & handling) on all items that are returned in new and unused condition. All returns must include ALL original packaging and be in re-sellable condition. The purchaser will be responsible for return shipping costs. All refunds are subject to a 25% restocking fee. We cannot return items that have been used or do not have all the original packaging. We do not accept returns on used parts.
you: I will keep the product and rather than loose my hard earned money but you best believe this conversation will be posted on every Evo site I visit so your future customers can see the poor quality products you sell and the poor customer service that comes with it
Heather: We are sorry you feel this way. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

So at the end of it, I either keep their product and fix it myself or I end up looking about $30 in paying for the original and return shipping.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:45 AM

i've come across a lot of bull**** problems ordering from LancerShop as well. Sent them an email asking if they had certain cams in stock or if their vendors did and got a bull**** generic reply "Cams are a special order item and take about 2 weeks to ship" so i said **** it and ordered them. Almost a week later I got an email saying neither them or there vendors had them and had no ETA on when they would get more. I also ordered polarized mirrors from them that have apparently been discontinued which they apparently don't feel the need to update on their site. they don't update their site for anything that is backordered, discontinued, or out of stock.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
That lady was really nice to you and you treated her like crap. Remember, it's not the Customer Service's fault that you are calling, they are only their to relay your message to someone else who can actually do something about it. She waived the restocking fee for you which is already a nice thing to do (though companies who have a restocking fee in the first place is BS if the item is completely sealed, which yours isnt, but if it is re-package-able to the point where it's identical to the original it's also BS).

If you'd looked at any other Autometer (I'm assuming that's what this is) you'd know that the texture on most all of them isn't identical and the paint also isn't identical. You got lucky enough that yours wasn't just a cover that screwed into the stock mount to hold it on.

This is also the reason I have never ordered something like this; it would annoy the hell out of me if it wasn't an identical color and texture match to the stock one
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Doesn't it say right on the website for that 3 gauge pod finally in OEM interior color? At least does on my computer screen.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just painted my pillars black in my car so they would match.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

I think you're being a little unreasonable. The pillar looks fine. It needs screws in it unlike the stock unit because it will be holding up the weight of three gauges. If the color doesn't match, paint them black.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:49 PM

^+1 Black looks so much better then that grey color.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Agetec
I just painted my pillars black in my car so they would match.
what kind of black paint did you use?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

The whole point on spending almost $85 on this product verses $40 on a similar item is due to the item being listed as matching stock interior. I also expected for the additional $15 the tweeter dugout would be more than just a hole in the pillar. I did not expect to have to cut up my stock pillar to make this one work.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

daniel, mine turned out kinda crappy too(i went with just the single pod). they make these as cheap as possible. i always wanted to stick away from the a-pillar pod, but its really the best place for it for saftey.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

I agree. I did not have much choice as I am putting my double din headunit in out of my old EVO and the stock ac controls will go into the lower cubby.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have to side with Lancershop. I'm usually on the consumer's side but honestly you're taking a chance on a part like this. I bought this exact part from them and was just as disappointed. You can easily take the cover tweeter off the stocker and move it to the triple pod. My problem was mounting it to the a-pillar. I decided to hack the upper and lower sections of the stock part off only leaving enough to keep those clips. I snapped the stocker back on and screwed the triple pillar over top. It looked perfect to be honest and i was happy. Its unfortunate to hack up the stock piece but to be honest its a cheap part to replace and its not like its a part with the VIN stamped on it. Anyways, after a month of driving the pillar came crashing down because the clips couldn't hold the weight of 3 gauges and basically two pillars. I gave up and went with 3 individual autometer carbon pods. it looked awesome! I'll post a pic.

Last edited by Chu's Mom; Aug 12, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

I guess we all have our own opinions. In the end I should of just ordered the cheap one from map and painted it to match and saved my $40. Truthfully the reason I felt they should have given a full refund and I pay return shipping is due to the product not being as they described.

Quick Reply: LancerShop 3 guage pillar pod =