Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evo VIII build thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Evo VIII build thread

Hey everyone!
So I've been on here a while now and decided that it was time to do a "build thread". It took me a few months to get some things done to the car, and it will be a few more before anything drastic happens again. But anyways - let's view some pictures!

Here is the car the day I bought it and drove it home!

Exterior:

Interior:

This is probably my favorite shot of the car:

I had an excellent week off of work and I was able to get a few things done to the car

The place of working w/ work truck too:

I installed my new Grimmspeed MBC and GFB Stealth FX BOV

(For those with good eyes and a knack for seeing "wrong" things - yes the BOV was installed incorrectly in these pictures! After one quick test drive of about 1 minute I knew something was wrong, switched the tubes, and she is good to go!)

Painted the shorty antenna to match the other red stuff on the car:

Removed bumper and repainted the meshing to get rid of the chipping and chrome showing in areas:

(After pictures are farther down at the bottom!)

I tinted the tail lights but had a minor incident because my dogs decided to knock over the stand where my tails were drying. It seemed like the tail lights were destroyed but I was able to save it by using some 3M adhesive remover and my buddy at work is going to get them back to normal on Monday night, and then they will be tinted by Tuesday – I will update when I get pictures!

Painted the rims:
This was a $80 rattle can job I did myself - for the price I paid and the work put in, I couldn't be happier. I will be picking up some red touch up paint at work to touch the red lips up because the tire mounter did quite a number on them, haha..

BEFORE

AFTER

Painted my exhaust manifold shield:

Pics of this installed are down farther!

I was going to paint the emblem in the center caps to look like this: but they are really crappy and old and it didn't work out - so instead I got new red lug nuts to set off the wheels more. Those are still coming in the mail but this is what they will look like:

I plan on picking up some new center caps to replace the old ones becuase two of them broke, and at that point I will be painting the emblems to looks like this:

I also washed and waxed the exterior along with an engine bay cleaning – here are all the pictures! I didn't wash the car for 8 days, just for this reason

BEFORE:

AFTER:

For S&G's here is the wifey's BMW

- I picked up a full Evo IX turbo swap w/ 40k miles (manifold, turbo, all the lines and the o2 housing w/ sensor) for $350 from a buddy and I'll be getting a FMIC hopefully before the end of the year. When spring rolls around the turbo stuff goes on, the FMIC goes on and a tune will happen!

- I also plan on getting a professional buffing job done to eliminate all the swirls and tiny scratches so I can see what the true condition of the paint is.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:54 PM

i like it, simple an nice.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:55 PM

If the picture of the lug nuts is what the lug nuts will actually be then they will not work with the factory wheels
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coming along nicely.

FYI, looks like you were trying to block your license plate in the pics. You missed one.

-Bink
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shuttersboy
i like it, simple an nice.
Thanks man! That's how I'm trying to keep it. A nice simple daily driver that can turn everyone's head and snap some necks hahaha

Originally Posted by 1low10n22s
If the picture of the lug nuts is what the lug nuts will actually be then they will not work with the factory wheels
Oh how I wish you weren't right, haha. False advertising...oh well, I'll turn around and sell them and paint my stockers or something

Originally Posted by binky
Coming along nicely.

FYI, looks like you were trying to block your license plate in the pics. You missed one.

-Bink
Unfortunately I noticed that too. Oh well, if something happens I'll know which forum to turn to for blame and to figure out who dunnit haha
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1low10n22s
what he said. your stock lugs are too big. the ones you purchased are for aftermarket Rims with smaller lug holes.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

how much you selling your lugnuts for?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by *.jdmevo8.*
what he said. your stock lugs are too big. the ones you purchased are for aftermarket Rims with smaller lug holes.
Originally Posted by *.jdmevo8.*
how much you selling your lugnuts for?
Yea, they came in the mail today so I tried ONE out when I got home from work.
That one got some markings at the base of it where you can't see cause I tried getting the stock "spacer" thing on it to try and make it work, the rest never came out of their individual "packages". $25 shipped anywhere. I will make a for sale thread later on at some point, lol.