Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

ROAD TRIP! My first Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ROAD TRIP! My first Evo!

So, last week I decided to buy another car. For the people that know me, this isn't much of a surprise. After looking around on forums and kicking the idea around my head, I finally decided that I wanted an Evo IX. I ended up finding a 2006 Evo IX in Rally Red with about 43k miles on it. I decided this was the one...then I found out it was in Seattle, WA...Wouldn't be a problem, except, I am located in Des Moines, IA. Smack dab in the middle of the country...

After getting everything figured out with financing and the seller (foam on EvoM), I was on a plane to Seattle. I knew the trip alone would be a grueling one, so I asked my good friend Jeremy (Pr3z on EvoM) to come along with me on the journey. He reluctantly agreed, only because he hates to fly!

Just wanted to share a few pics from the trip with you guys and show off the ride.

Seattle mountain top. Some beautiful scenery in the state of Washington. Reminded me of Minnesota, except with mountains!

MTN1 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

15 minutes after acquiring the car. Not even joking on the 15 minutes!

Cop2 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

The only interesting bits of Wyoming...

wyo2 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

wyo1 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

wyotunnel by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Pr3z behind the wheel. Pretty sure he is going to get back into another Evo 8 or 9! LOL

JB by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

A stop in Brigham, UT for fuel and food.

cherry by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Leaving Brigham.

brigham by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Her first bath.

wash1 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Once we got home, the next day was a local car show and get together for our local car forum. Des Moines, IA may not be the biggest city but it isn't tiny and there is a car scene here! This side of the scene is more for the guys that like to show off their cars with nice JDM parts and go fast goodies that shine rather than perform.

At the show, my car was part of the JB Autosports booth, which is a local parts distribution company. Pr3z is the owner and we are trying to get established in our area. Here are some shots from the show!

My Grandmother's blessing once I got home.

flower by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Big Bro and Little Bro. Before the 515 BBQ and Car Show.

bros by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

JB Autosports booth. Pr3z's Evo X.

Booth by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Some sample products at the booth.

product by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Free raffle for tow hooks, shift knobs, and gift certificates to the store

raffle2 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

JBcard by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

eVoside by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

s2k by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

civiccrew by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

chenteg by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

crew1 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

honda by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Zcar by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

s2kred by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

These guys really <3 their Honda's and I don't blame em!

_3Honda by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

redteg2 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

At the show, got a little warm and had to take the hoodie off.

patron by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Shots at the capitol in Des Moines, IA. Her new home!

evocap3 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Interior shot.

evocap4 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

Gauges

defi by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

evocap5 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

evocap by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

I have tons more photos, but no time to edit! We stayed in Boise, ID the first night and Fort Collins, CO the second night. We got into town both nights after sundown, so I couldn't get any pictures of the towns we stayed in:hithead: Believe me, though, Boise and Fort Collins are awesome places!

So, recap: Decided to buy car on a whim, found said car, got finances together, booked plane tickets, flew to Seattle from DSM@6:00AM, traveled a total of 3600+ miles over 3 days, top speed achieved of 142 MPH, 1 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX acquired, and one local car show attended.

Cheers from Des Moines, guys! and thanks for looking!
Yo

evocap8 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:37 AM

nice evo. i believe i autox with you guys? i have the evo with painted wheels
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:46 AM

Awesome pics and story man. I got my car in hawaii and recently got to Va so havent done a road trip in her yet. Cant wait though
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Must have been a great experience.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy that car! Thanks for sharing!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great pics man! Some nice cars out there...Looks like you had a great time!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice!!! Congrats for both of us, I just recently bought another EVO 3 weeks ago.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by jsayers
nice evo. i believe i autox with you guys? i have the evo with painted wheels
James, right?? Green wheels?? I am the one at the registration table usually! Nice to see a fellow Iowan on the boards

Thanks for the comments guys! I am really enjoying the car and look forward to working on the suspension for upcoming autocrosses and track days. The trip was awesome and wouldn't hesitate to go across country again for a car as awesome as the Evo.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats!

No front plate will get you everytime in Wa!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by YoKeutla
So, last week I decided to buy another car. For the people that know me, this isn't much of a surprise. After looking around on forums and kicking the idea around my head, I finally decided that I wanted an Evo IX. I ended up finding a 2006 Evo IX in Rally Red with about 43k miles on it. I decided this was the one...then I found out it was in Seattle, WA...Wouldn't be a problem, except, I am located in Des Moines, IA. Smack dab in the middle of the country...

After getting everything figured out with financing and the seller (foam on EvoM), I was on a plane to Seattle. I knew the trip alone would be a grueling one, so I asked my good friend Jeremy (Pr3z on EvoM) to come along with me on the journey. He reluctantly agreed, only because he hates to fly!

Just wanted to share a few pics from the trip with you guys and show off the ride.

Seattle mountain top. Some beautiful scenery in the state of Washington. Reminded me of Minnesota, except with mountains!

MTN1 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr

15 minutes after acquiring the car. Not even joking on the 15 minutes!

Cop2 by Yo_Keutla, on Flickr
Here's a view from the top of the first mountain (iPhone so ****ty quality). Shoulda hiked it while you were here!

Where did you manage to get pulled over?

Either way, slick looking car; I saw this when I popped up in the NW for sale section and it looked in amazing shape!

Edit...Hmm, thinking about it, my money is on that he let you off with a warning and agreed to pose so you could take a picture since you probably told him you just got the car!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The car looks gorgeous!!!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

oh no not another iowa driver!! lol (being from SD we hate iowa drivers...jk tho) sounds like you had a fun trip!! sick looking evo!! love the cusco crash bar
Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Nice RR! Looks very good!

If you took I90 the entire way you went past my current residence, and previous one (Livingston, MT : where the Mountains really begin)

I also flew to Seattle for a vehicle a couple years ago. So worth it!

Have fun with it!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Here's a view from the top of the first mountain (iPhone so ****ty quality). Shoulda hiked it while you were here!

Where did you manage to get pulled over?

Either way, slick looking car; I saw this when I popped up in the NW for sale section and it looked in amazing shape!

Edit...Hmm, thinking about it, my money is on that he let you off with a warning and agreed to pose so you could take a picture since you probably told him you just got the car!
We totally should have hiked a mountain! Unfortunately, we were on a time schedule and needed to be back in Iowa for Sunday's car show because of the booth we were running.

Got pulled over in Seattle, literally 15 minutes after i got the car, then again when we were about 2 hours from the border.

The officers were real cool about it. Just explained to us about the front plate and the tags being expired. The second time I was speeding, as well, and he still just let us go with warnings! We just explained to them that we just flew into seattle, picked up the car, and were driving back to Iowa. The looks on their faces were priceless, "You kids are doing what?!?!?!" LOL

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! I almost feel bad because I will be putting her through the ringer next season at autocrosses and track days at places like Road America and Road Atlanta!!! But then again, that's what these cars were made for
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YoKeutla

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! I almost feel bad because I will be putting her through the ringer next season at autocrosses and track days at places like Road America and Road Atlanta!!! But then again, that's what these cars were made for
good news!!!!!! Love to hear that!

Quick Reply: ROAD TRIP! My first Evo!