Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Any difference between Japanese Bride seats and Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reps = no no imo.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:53 AM
HN7
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
Ok thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not someone who wants replicas just for the look and to save money, safety is a big concern. I wouldn't buy anything but authentic anything. I wont be getting seats anytime soon considering the real ones are 1500-1800 each. Which is a ridiculous price if you ask me.
Are you looking for a recline seat or fixed bucket. If you want recline, save up for Bride. IMO that's the only one that would be an upgrade from our OEM Recaro. If you want fixed bucket, Buddy Club, Sparco, Status Ring and OMP are some good brand to look for.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HN7
Are you looking for a recline seat or fixed bucket. If you want recline, save up for Bride. IMO that's the only one that would be an upgrade from our OEM Recaro. If you want fixed bucket, Buddy Club, Sparco, Status Ring and OMP are some good brand to look for.
I guess it really depends what your goal is. if you're trying to be a JDM tyte guy or actually use something for functional use.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 05:02 PM
HN7
Evolving Member

^Agree. I favor function over form so my interior is from all over the world (OMP, Sparco, NRG, ARC...) lol. As long as it's certified, it's good in my eyes.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate to dig a thread up from the grave but I figure since this is the most recent topic on the Bride seats, I thought I'd chime in.

From what I hear, one of the owners of Bride Japan had some dispute with one of the other owners and it ended with said owner leaving the company. He then opened up the "fake" Bride line to undersell Bride Japan. To undersell a company, you do have to cut corners somewhere, and I'm assuming it's the quality testing.

On to the point I'm trying to make. If you look up on youtube for the Bride seat crash test, you'd see that even authentic stuff will look like it'll snap in a simulated accident. People keep talking about seats needing to be authentic because of certification and stuff, but if you think about it, almost ANY reclining seat will not pass FIA certification to begin with. I don't think a lot of OEM reclining seats would pass FIA certification either. Just using common sense if you put up an OEM reclining seat next to an FIA certified bucket seat, you can obviously tell that the bucket seat would structurally seem to be the safer bet.

This is where one needs to evaluate themselves. Is this for a daily driver? Is this for the track? If it's solely for a daily driver, then I don't see the harm in using a replica seat, as it'd be near the same as an OEM reclining seat. If it's for the track, then you can't settle for anything less than a non-reclining bucket seat to begin with.

This is a real bride seat...Would you take this to the track?
http://youtu.be/j4Qsd4-8IMo

So my point is find your priorities first. If you want safety (for track purposes), just get real bucket seats (or reclining seats with a roll cage and harness bar), and if you just want nice seats to cruise in with your daily driver to school/work, then save your money and look into whatever replicas fit your visual needs.