Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Hulk! Aka My Evo VIII Widebody

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
now call the Army for more sponsorship!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pirana
now call the Army for more sponsorship!
Why im in the Navy and we have trucks this color also lol
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the hulk theme
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

f'n win
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goad_white03
There are advantages and disadvantages to this. I never have to wax or clay bar the car. Its very easy to take care of, all you do it wash it with Jonson Baby soap because it doesn't have additives in it, and for wiping it down you use 91% Alcohol on a rag. Can not use any wax products.
It will still get contaminated like paint, so a claybar will still be a worthwhile process, it just isn't as crucial. You never HAVE to wax or clay it, but you don't have to wax or clay paint either. It just looks better and provides a protective layer for the sun and elements to beat on, instead of it beating on your vinyl.

Here is a wax that work well http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...ode=MATT-PAINT

Originally Posted by sujinX
love it... but same pics as posted on the other threads :-(
Ditto.

Nice color choice though. Enjoy my old RPF1's! LOL
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
Account Disabled

Looks good, cant wait to see it at work!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.
It will still get contaminated like paint, so a claybar will still be a worthwhile process, it just isn't as crucial. You never HAVE to wax or clay it, but you don't have to wax or clay paint either. It just looks better and provides a protective layer for the sun and elements to beat on, instead of it beating on your vinyl.

Here is a wax that work well http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...ode=MATT-PAINT

Ditto.

Nice color choice though. Enjoy my old RPF1's! LOL
That wax works good for matte paint but not for vinyl. If you wax vinyl it will get a build up on it because it now 100% smooth like paint it. I know alot of people with vinyl wrapped cars and no one waxes them. as for clay bar never heard of someone doing that either because you can use a quick detailer on it.

Thanks from everyone for liking my car! But as for more pics it will be a little while. Might be making a short video... :/
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Cost for a car like mine is around $1800

There are advantages and disadvantages to this. I never have to wax or clay bar the car. Its very easy to take care of, all you do it wash it with Jonson Baby soap because it doesn't have additives in it, and for wiping it down you use 91% Alcohol on a rag. Can not use any wax products.

I chose a wrap because i did the wide body and didn't want to paint it. plus my car had a few dings i was able to fix and wrap over. I was also sponsored for this but as said above it would cost around $1800 for a car with lots of vents, add-ons, ect. Also depends on the color, Seems like every week they are coming out with new colors now.
Thanks for the response. Now my last question is the paint underneath will still be completely fine afterwards correct? Any prep work to the paint before the vinyl or just a nice clean and rub down by the shop?

Nonetheless, looks amazing man!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Looks nice Justin, can't wait to see the final product man. Mags, mags, and more mags! Lol

Mikey
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doober
Thanks for the response. Now my last question is the paint underneath will still be completely fine afterwards correct? Any prep work to the paint before the vinyl or just a nice clean and rub down by the shop?

Nonetheless, looks amazing man!
Correct the paint will be just like new when you take it off. And all i have to do was a normal wash before dropping the car off. Then the shop deep cleaned each panel with grease and wax remover.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops
Looks nice Justin, can't wait to see the final product man. Mags, mags, and more mags! Lol

Mikey
Thanks Mikey!!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone have a link to the current colors offered by 3M? I was on the fence about doing this someday and this thread isn't helping my wallet out any.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Anyone have a link to the current colors offered by 3M? I was on the fence about doing this someday and this thread isn't helping my wallet out any.
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...PbsQPbPPPPPP--
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

That wax works good for matte paint but not for vinyl. If you wax vinyl it will get a build up on it because it now 100% smooth like paint it. I know alot of people with vinyl wrapped cars and no one waxes them. as for clay bar never heard of someone doing that either because you can use a quick detailer on it.
That actually isn't the case. That wax is designed with matte vinyl and paint in mind. Also, the vinyl isn't so porous that you will notice dry wax buildup, its actually pretty smooth. It still is a surface that contaminants stick to (iron fallout from brakes being a major culprit which won't be removed with washing/wiping like you mention) so the clay is still necessary and the wax will provide for a longer lifespan and easier cleanups on the vinyl.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
I am jealous that you did that color. I recently got a new sample booklet from 3M and saw that in there new colors and wasn't sure how it would like on a car. Its SICK!!!! Now I have to try to do something different again
Any online links to the new colors?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

One more added, enjoy!

Quick Reply: The Hulk! Aka My Evo VIII Widebody