Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Help set the brightness on the STACK ST35!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012 | 11:08 PM

Question Help set the brightness on the STACK ST35!!!

Good evening! My brother recently installed gauges STACK ST35 series. He learned, finally, a fully manual came with them. Learned how to configure all functions except one. What a miracle I was able to do the same gauge, by chance, at least highlight the dark (and there was complete darkness levels). And so I did not understand how it did. (In what order the buttons were WARN, and PICK) On the second gauge (and in fact, which happened the first time, too) do not re-turned. Who Does anyone have experience in setting the level of illumination sensor data? In the statement, which comes complete - not a word about it. And I have full confidence he could convince himself that no such function, if the brother had accidentally tuned in one of the sensors it personally! Here are my own sensors:

ST3511 Stack

http://www.tuning-net.ru/tuning/5022/54801.html

and

ST3509 Stack

http://www.tuning-net.ru/tuning/5022/54800.html

Help please adjust the brightness of these gauges!
I would be very grateful to you for your help!
Old Feb 27, 2012 | 09:27 PM

Please!!!!! Help!!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2012 | 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

From the manufacturers website:

http://www.stackltd.com/pdf/manuals_...50-1428-00.pdf

Basically, you can't set the level. You can turn the gauge to full brightness, or you can set it to dimmable. When it is set to dimmable, you use the white wire to set the brightness.

Lighting Mode
(Region B Color)
This gauge allows the dial lighting to operate in two modes, Full On or Dimmable. Factory default is Full On.

Full On: In this mode, the white lighting wire is ignored. The gauge dial lighting is always on at full brightness. (unless you select NO color when setting the Backlight Color). If using Full On mode, white wire hook-up is not needed.

Dimmable: In this mode, the white wire is used to set the intensity of the dial lighting from full brightness down to off.

To change the Lighting Mode:
With power off, press and hold the PEAK button. Apply power to the gauge. Release the PEAK button and the dial face will illuminate with either white lighting or blue lighting. Press and release the PEAK button to toggle between Full On (dial is illuminated white) and Dimmable (dial is illuminated blue). Once you have selected the desired mode, don’t press any buttons for about three seconds. The dial will flicker white several times to indicate the desired setting has been saved and the gauge will return to normal operation with your new mode selection. Mode selections are saved when power is off.
Translation:

Turn the gauge off.
Hold PEAK
Turn the gauge on, while holding PEAK.
Release PEAK.
Press and release PEAK to switch between full on (white) and dimmable (blue).

That's it.

-Acree
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 12:47 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Acree

When it is set to dimmable, you use the white wire to set the brightness.

I have tried in this mode to adjust the brightness! Guessed that in this mode can be set up. But HOW? What algorithm pressing buttons to decrease the brightness in this mode? (dimmable mode)

Thank you very much for your reply!

Last edited by Anton T.; Feb 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Anton T.
But HOW? What algorithm pressing buttons to decrease the brightness in this mode? (dimmable mode)
The brightness is not controlled with the buttons. There is no way to set the brightness with the buttons.

I'm not sure how much of this will get across in translation. You have two options.

1) You can buy the dimmer module that is made by Stack. The part number is ST269114, can be found here at the bottom of the page, and looks like this:

2) You can simply recreate that circuit by using a potentiometer. The white wire probably goes to an ADC (analog to digital converter) which just measures the voltage on the wire. The higher the voltage, the brighter the gauge gets, is my guess. But you have to be careful with the voltage levels or you might fry the gauge.

Good luck.

-Acree
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 07:51 AM

The brightness is not controlled with the buttons. There is no way to set the brightness with the buttons.

I'm not sure how much of this will get across in translation. You have two options.

1) You can buy the dimmer module that is made by Stack. The part number is ST269114, can be found here at the bottom of the page, and looks like this:

2) You can simply recreate that circuit by using a potentiometer. The white wire probably goes to an ADC (analog to digital converter) which just measures the voltage on the wire. The higher the voltage, the brighter the gauge gets, is my guess. But you have to be careful with the voltage levels or you might fry the gauge.

Good luck.

-Acree
a huge personal thank you!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Not a problem. Good luck!

-Acree
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 08:00 AM

Good luck.

-Acree
the whole point is that one I was able to adjust the brightness, the oil temperature sensor, and the other was not able to adjust the brightness, this pressure manifold turbine ...
After all, both the sensor of the same series and should have the same settings. If one set up brightness, and the other sensor should be set up brightness?
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Without ever seeing the gauges in person, I'm not sure what the answer is. I'm just going by what I found in the instruction manual.

-Acree
Old Feb 28, 2012 | 10:55 PM

Without ever seeing the gauges in person, I'm not sure what the answer is. I'm just going by what I found in the instruction manual.

-Acree
Thank you for your answers! The instructions say nothing of sensors adjust the brightness of all! I myself have accidentally set up at one brightness sensor and the second to do it does not work ... (((