Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

where have all the UK EVO VIII badges gone to?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where have all the UK EVO VIII badges gone to?

well i've been waiting for lancershop.com to have some of the UK EVOLUTION VIII badges in stock, but they keep adjusting the date.... so does anyone know where i can get the badge? And i heard its possible to adjust the EVOLUTION VII (7) badge to say EVO 8. any word on that guys?!?!?
Old Jan 22, 2004, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

From what I understand, it's harder to get the badges now. I had bought my first badge from Adam from Z-1 and ended up getting some damage to my trunk lid. Now I have to get the whole thing repainted and the badge is gonna be useless now. When I found that out, I called Lancershop and they told me they had about 10 left and wasn't sure when they were gonna get anymore in so I went ahead and bought another. Now I have one sitting here waiting to be put on when I have my trunk repainted.

Good Luck.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

How much demand is there for these? I can get some more from my guy in the UK if need be, but it's a pricey risk for me being that I'm just me, not a company! Round up a group and I'll see what I can do.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

PM me, I have a spare (UK Evo VIII) I'm willing to part with.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

992gnt how much do you want for it?
Old Jan 22, 2004, 05:33 PM
Gold Sponsor

Hey Guys

The scoop on EVO VIII UK Badges....

All packages coming from outside the USA, have been stuck in US customs forever and a day. We should finally have our huge batch of them in 1-2 weeks tops.

They have been stuck in customs since December 21, 2003

Thanks
Justin
www.LancerShop.com
Old Feb 1, 2004, 11:36 AM

If anyone's interested, I just put my trunk badge on eBay. Long, long story but I've had an accident (not in the Evo) and lost the use of all my luxuries, including my Evo. It pains me that I'll not be able to enjoy the best toy I've ever owned again. Well, not for at least another 4-5 years anyways. Funny, it was 4-5 years I waited for Mitsubishi to import the car and I had to "make do" with others. Anyways, look for it under "Evo badge" or such like on eBay, my seller name there is also gurumike.
I hope y'all continue to appreciate your rides! Drive safely!! It's no fun when you can't anymore!!
PS - I kinda lifted 2 of the pictures or rear ends from people here! I hope you don't mind part of your cars appearing on eBay! I'll be removing the pictures in a week.
-Michael.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Re: where have all the UK EVO VIII badges gone to?

Originally posted by ku7484
well i've been waiting for lancershop.com to have some of the UK EVOLUTION VIII badges in stock, but they keep adjusting the date.... so does anyone know where i can get the badge? And i heard its possible to adjust the EVOLUTION VII (7) badge to say EVO 8. any word on that guys?!?!?
We got the shipment today. Please call if your not on the list.

Chris
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:39 PM

Just ordered mine...yeah! Glad I came across this topic. I've been checking their website everyday (which last time I looked isn't showing them as in stock yet). Better order up before they're gone again!
Old Jun 6, 2004, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Check here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=81646

Best price out there guys and once they're gone, that's it no more at this great price. I try to help fellow members out with good prices on this rare item.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 09:53 AM

Hey,

Just to let you guys know. Watch out for some of the UK badges from Lancershop and other retailers in the US. They come defective. I ordered 1 the other week and the "LUT" in "EVOLUTION" wasn't even aligned properly. I didn't notice it until I was ready to put it on the car. What a disaster that could've been. $85 down the drain.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Explosivexover
Hey,

Just to let you guys know. Watch out for some of the UK badges from Lancershop and other retailers in the US. They come defective. I ordered 1 the other week and the "LUT" in "EVOLUTION" wasn't even aligned properly. I didn't notice it until I was ready to put it on the car. What a disaster that could've been. $85 down the drain.
If you called us you could have sent it back and got a new one exchanged for free.

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

The letters do move around a little bit sometimes during shipping. But that is not lancershops fault.

All you have to do is realign the letter or two on the adhesive backing. It is easy!

SC~
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:29 AM

I purchased my UK badge from Lancershop without any problems. It went on perfectly.

Like TalonRcR said above, if you did get a "misaligned one", all you would have had to do is contact them and they would get you another one.

I think all you were trying to do is inform people to be aware of the alignment with these badges, but you shouldn't do it by directly naming Lancershop. You could have just told us to be aware. It's not fair to Lancershop, or any business for that matter, to put them on the spot like that especially since you didn't let them know and give them an opportunity to fix it. Just my 0.02....
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by LV 2 XLR8 2
I purchased my UK badge from Lancershop without any problems. It went on perfectly.

Like TalonRcR said above, if you did get a "misaligned one", all you would have had to do is contact them and they would get you another one.

I think all you were trying to do is inform people to be aware of the alignment with these badges, but you shouldn't do it by directly naming Lancershop. You could have just told us to be aware. It's not fair to Lancershop, or any business for that matter, to put them on the spot like that especially since you didn't let them know and give them an opportunity to fix it. Just my 0.02....
I wasn't trying to call out Lancershop or any other online stores. I was simply informing people to be careful when putting the badge on your cars. The letters are not always aligned properly. It wasn't Lancershop's fault, but I can clearly blame the packaging it came in. The emblem was all folded up and unaligned and packed in a 6"x 9" thick envelope.

I recently got another one from a contact I know in the UK. He sent to me in a tube packaging. Nothing was bent or messed up. It was worth the wait and money.

Quick Reply: where have all the UK EVO VIII badges gone to?