Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

AngryAero Bumper Shutters and Mirror Block Offs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AngryAero Bumper Shutters and Mirror Block Offs

Key Points:

-Jason (AngryEvo8); Great communication, professional.
-Quality; 9/10
-Shipping was fast and items were packaged nice and neat.
-Fitment; Jason told me upfront that there may be some modification necessary, which there was, but it only took about 5 minutes with each shutter. No big deal since he told me before hand. They fit great, btw.
-The only issue I have is I don't like only having the 3m tape. Im sure it will work fine (ive only tested it to about 45 mph) but for my own piece of mind I will be adding 2 dzus clips or some other type of fasteners to the shutters.
- Performance; I won't be seeing the track for another month and a half or so (trans and tcase are getting sent out next week for rebuild) but when I do go I will post what gains I see from the use of these products.
-I didn't install the mirror block off plates yet, but Im sure they will fit just fine.

On to the pics!

Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the review man! Greatly appreciate it. I originally really wanted a set for my car using the Evo8 bumper. No body was making them at the moment and I figured hell ill give it a shot. Then after I made a set for my buddy Creamo, people started drawing interest. Mostly the Evo9 crowd since 9sec9 went out of business. Cost is the number one reason i think 9sec9 might have not lasted to long. Their pieces where made of authentic carbon while these are vinyl wrapped pieces which look very similar to real carbon. This helps keeps costs down while still doing their job redirecting air around the car. We tested the Evo 8 version on his car and held up well @ 140mph on a 3586. Here is a pic of his car:

My bumper:

A few other shutters for 9 bumpers

Tyler GGevo Evo 9

Sm customer Mirjans Evo 9

Last edited by AngryEvo8; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=AngryEvo8;10132241]Thanks for the review man! Greatly appreciate it. I originally really wanted a set for my car using the Evo8 bumper. No body was making them at the moment and I figured hell ill give it a shot. Then after I made a set for my buddy Creamo, people started drawing interest. Mostly the Evo9 crowd since 9sec9 went out of business. Cost is the number one reason i think 9sec9 might have not lasted to long. Their pieces where made of authentic carbon while these are vinyl wrapped pieces which look very similar to real carbon. This helps keeps costs down while still doing their job redirecting air around the car. We tested the Evo 8 version on his car and held up well @ 140mph on a 3586. Here is a pic of his car:

A few other shutters for 9 bumpers

Tyler GGevo Evo 9

This is my evo 9 which i am building to go 9s on the stock turbo and Jason is a sponsor of my car. (if you want to take a look it is under anti-lag build thread in evo show and shine) I have not got to test them yet as my car is nearing completion but Jason is a very good friend of mine and does amazing work. He spent a lot of time perfecting these for me and trying to make fitment perfect and he did a great job! The shutters and mirror block off plates are great, they are cut nicely, attention to detail is awesome and Jason is a very easy guy to deal with and does great work. Anyone looking to pick some up i would highly recommend you do so. They are easy to install, quality is awesome, and Jason is extremely professional. Thanks for all the hard work bud, I'm looking forward to putting these to use next month on my quest for 9s!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:07 PM

Those actually look really good.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

What exactly do these promote? Creating a larger air buffer of the front of the car decreasing lift? Someone educate me here.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Reduce drag while redirecting air around the car instead of through it. Mirror deletes also free up weight and also reduce drag.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Pm me price shipped to 07107 for evo 9 bumper shutters and mirror block offs