Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best way I could ever imagine to start my day

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazybaldhead
If you let progressive take care of it, make sure you're around and supervise, they may ruin more stuff.
you are aware progressive is an insurance company and doesn't actually work on it so they cant exactly ruin anything. OP just a reminder, take it to a progressive approved shop that way if anything else is wrong and its not to your standards or goes bad again they have a lifetime warranty on all work done by their approved shops so it will be fixed again/to your standards at no price to you
Old May 3, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Good news, Brian the owner of Tobz performance tuning hooked me up with a set of almost new Enkei RPF1's and tires for a really good price. All in all even with my deductible I should come out on top. Maybe I can get a JDM rear bumper out of this.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, I don't think there is any other damage to the car besides my window which should be easy and cheap to replace.

Originally Posted by warstang27
you are aware progressive is an insurance company and doesn't actually work on it so they cant exactly ruin anything. OP just a reminder, take it to a progressive approved shop that way if anything else is wrong and its not to your standards or goes bad again they have a lifetime warranty on all work done by their approved shops so it will be fixed again/to your standards at no price to you
Thanks for the info. I actually used Tobz performance tuning for a minor accident I had and they still honor the lifetime warranty. I called Progressive out for some minor paint issues months later that I wasn't happy with and they cut me a check.

Last edited by jdlewh; May 3, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Get a NEW alarm.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rhd-jon
Get a NEW alarm.
Yeah might be a good idea.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
dude sorry to see that, that really sucks :-(
Old May 3, 2012, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about that, couldn't have been a del sol owner, considering they come stock with a 4 lug pattern and their lug 4X114 if im correct. because i do have one

i know, i know they could have done a 5 lug conversion but thats not actually a cheap mod to do either

good luck with finding out who took them. please keep us updated
Old May 3, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
sorry to hear about that, couldn't have been a del sol owner, considering they come stock with a 4 lug pattern and their lug 4X114 if im correct. because i do have one

i know, i know they could have done a 5 lug conversion but thats not actually a cheap mod to do either

good luck with finding out who took them. please keep us updated
The Del Sol owner actually talked to me lol. Seemed like a cool dude, told me he usually leaves around 4:30 AM and that my car was not on blocks yet at that time. Looks like everything is going to work out, just hope it doesn't rain when I go to work tomorrow.
Originally Posted by sujinX
dude sorry to see that, that really sucks :-(
Yeah but I think it's going to work out.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sil'vr-Boi6
Wow...same thing happened to a friend with his GG IX only different was he had advans. hope everything gets fixed.
Thanks for thinkin of me Ash

To the OP, that is f'ing BS dude! Like my buddy said, same exact thing happened to me! Same car and everything except I had some Advan RS with star spec tires. I worked a long time to buy those and bastards jacked them w/o a thought. I feel your pain on a personal level! They didn't smash my window but tried to pry it open, luckily my wind deflectors were too hard to get by. This really pisses me off to see people with such pride in there car and all the care they go through to keep it nice get taken advantage of. All I can say is I believe in karma and these peeps have heaps of the bad kind headed their way! Glad to see it will work out for you in the long run and don't let this discourage you from enjoying your hobby. Stay upbeat man!
Old May 3, 2012, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hikaru
Thanks for thinkin of me Ash

To the OP, that is f'ing BS dude! Like my buddy said, same exact thing happened to me! Same car and everything except I had some Advan RS with star spec tires. I worked a long time to buy those and bastards jacked them w/o a thought. I feel your pain on a personal level! They didn't smash my window but tried to pry it open, luckily my wind deflectors were too hard to get by. This really pisses me off to see people with such pride in there car and all the care they go through to keep it nice get taken advantage of. All I can say is I believe in karma and these peeps have heaps of the bad kind headed their way! Glad to see it will work out for you in the long run and don't let this discourage you from enjoying your hobby. Stay upbeat man!
Thanks man, until I get a garage lined up from the complex I'm going to be paranoid these are gonna get jacked as well. I had about 6 people while I was putting the rims on come up to me and tell me they saw my car at a certain time last night and blah blah blah. All nice people but I really had no clue that many people kept tabs on my car lol. I park in the very back corner of the garage next to the motorcycle parking so I don't get door dings. Now my decision is do I park up front and risk morons slamming their doors into my car or do I keep parking in the back until I get a garage? I think I might sleep in the back seat of the car with my gun tonight.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Before you go and pay for an alarm, I'd be all over whoever manages the property to install cameras all around that place. That sucks though. I'd be more concerned about the rpf1s now though to be honest.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin
Before you go and pay for an alarm, I'd be all over whoever manages the property to install cameras all around that place. That sucks though. I'd be more concerned about the rpf1s now though to be honest.
I told them about it but they just said they were sorry it happened. We have security that drives around but I think it's more to check if people have parking passes to park in the parking garage. I told my girlfriend that if they didn't have any single car garages open I was moving back home until her lease was up with all seriousness. I can just see this happening again, I mean what's stopping them?
Old May 3, 2012, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

holy crap!! you only lived there for how long and this happened? that sucks man!
Old May 3, 2012, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdlewh
I told them about it but they just said they were sorry it happened. We have security that drives around but I think it's more to check if people have parking passes to park in the parking garage. I told my girlfriend that if they didn't have any single car garages open I was moving back home until her lease was up with all seriousness. I can just see this happening again, I mean what's stopping them?

It's a terrible feeling having your car messed with but feels even worse when there is not much you can do to prevent it from happening again. Best of luck though and if they do nothing to help deter these type of things def get out of there asap. Also FYI, those stock BBS you had taken are pretty sought after. I'd check craigslist and other local forums to see if they pop up for sale.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8lento
holy crap!! you only lived there for how long and this happened? that sucks man!
A couple of months is all.

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin

It's a terrible feeling having your car messed with but feels even worse when there is not much you can do to prevent it from happening again. Best of luck though and if they do nothing to help deter these type of things def get out of there asap. Also FYI, those stock BBS you had taken are pretty sought after. I'd check craigslist and other local forums to see if they pop up for sale.
Yeah I'm going to monitor craigslist and see if any pop up with the same tires I had on.
Old May 3, 2012, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A buddy of mine had a set of MR BBS's stolen from his storage unit, insurance cut him a check for the total cost of replacing all 4 brand new, damn near $4k.

Quick Reply: Best way I could ever imagine to start my day