Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best way I could ever imagine to start my day

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmspaz
A buddy of mine had a set of MR BBS's stolen from his storage unit, insurance cut him a check for the total cost of replacing all 4 brand new, damn near $4k.
That's what I was hoping for! I got a quote of $1075.00 per rim from a Mitsu dealer, progressive may have a different number though. I find out Monday but I'm really hoping for at least $4k from the rims and then another grand or so from the tires. Besides the hassle and stress of this happening again it really looks like the thief is going to make me money.
Old May 4, 2012, 08:41 AM

I hate thieves
Old May 4, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
once you get that check you'll feel better, but it sucks that this happened to you.

I live in an apartment complex too with parking underground, and i had my bike stolen about 3 weeks ago. Funny thing is that the parking garage is only accessible to residents via key and remote to open the gate. They took the bike but left behind the front wheel which was dismounted. I don't understand that logic but it's definitely an inside job.

Happy to see its working out for u though. Goodluck
Old May 4, 2012, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IgotabigEVO
I hate thieves
I do too. Maybe they will DIAF.

Originally Posted by importmachine
once you get that check you'll feel better, but it sucks that this happened to you.

I live in an apartment complex too with parking underground, and i had my bike stolen about 3 weeks ago. Funny thing is that the parking garage is only accessible to residents via key and remote to open the gate. They took the bike but left behind the front wheel which was dismounted. I don't understand that logic but it's definitely an inside job.

Happy to see its working out for u though. Goodluck
Thanks man. Sorry about your bike, people just amaze me.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by jdlewh
That's what I was hoping for! I got a quote of $1075.00 per rim from a Mitsu dealer, progressive may have a different number though. I find out Monday but I'm really hoping for at least $4k from the rims and then another grand or so from the tires. Besides the hassle and stress of this happening again it really looks like the thief is going to make me money.
D-D-D-DAMN. Someone come to my house and steal my rims!
Old May 5, 2012, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AceCampano
D-D-D-DAMN. Someone come to my house and steal my rims!
I swear to god I just did a drunk walk of the parking garage with my buddies Smith & Wesson lol. I was really hoping to catch someone messing with my car but no go so far.

EDIT for all the crazies out there. I wouldn't just shoot someone for breaking into my car, they would have to pose a direct threat to myself before any shots would be fired.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

I had a friend with the STB Forester (STi version) and there were road works 24/7 on his road and the one night in about 6 months of work that there was noone working his car got stolen. Clearly the road workers saw the car coming and going from his driveway and knew which night it could be taken with no road workers to witness. If it wasn't one of the workers, then it was someone who the workers knew. My bet is that someone who uses your lot either did it or hooked someone up with the info so they could pull it off.

We have this product in NZ. If you get a tilt sensor, you get the text to tell you it's time to **** some **** up. I'm sure you will have a similar product available to you.

+1 on hating thieves.
Old May 5, 2012, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
I had a friend with the STB Forester (STi version) and there were road works 24/7 on his road and the one night in about 6 months of work that there was noone working his car got stolen. Clearly the road workers saw the car coming and going from his driveway and knew which night it could be taken with no road workers to witness. If it wasn't one of the workers, then it was someone who the workers knew. My bet is that someone who uses your lot either did it or hooked someone up with the info so they could pull it off.

We have this product in NZ. If you get a tilt sensor, you get the text to tell you it's time to **** some **** up. I'm sure you will have a similar product available to you.

+1 on hating thieves.
Awesome thanks for the info, something to look into for sure. I'm almost positive it's someone who lives here, I'm going to be paranoid until a private garage opens up. Really thinking about moving back home with the parents until something opens up. I think the girlfriend and her Cobalt SS will be ok without me for a month or 2 lol. Her stock rims are also high dollar so I'm kind of worried about her car as well.

I'm about to do my rounds again haha.

Last edited by jdlewh; May 5, 2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old May 5, 2012, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

1000 bux for stock BBS rims is BS. That Mitsu stealership is smokin rocks. They should be worth AT LEAST 600 a WHEEL.

Progressive should be cuting the check for at least 2400 bux.
Old May 5, 2012, 07:41 AM

Had to be an inside job. Who else would know about the lock key in the glove box, on the left side. mmmm
Old May 5, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
1000 bux for stock BBS rims is BS. That Mitsu stealership is smokin rocks. They should be worth AT LEAST 600 a WHEEL.

Progressive should be cuting the check for at least 2400 bux.
2 different dealers I called quoted me over a grand per wheel lol. I hope Progressive gets their quotes from the same place the dealer is.

Originally Posted by dc5_lov3r
Had to be an inside job. Who else would know about the lock key in the glove box, on the left side. mmmm
I think it's just a common place to keep it. Don't think any of my friends would jack them... But you never know.
Old May 5, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

They might try to get reman'ed prices but you should be getting enough money to cover a very nice set of high end wheels. Doubt you'd want to do that if they stole it once rent a garage from your account complex.
Old May 6, 2012, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
They might try to get reman'ed prices but you should be getting enough money to cover a very nice set of high end wheels. Doubt you'd want to do that if they stole it once rent a garage from your account complex.
I think I'm just going to keep the Enkei RPF1's that I got from Brian at Tobz for cheap. I think they look decent and it's a nice upgrade from 17 inch rims to 18's. Extra money will go to pay deductible and then hopefully to a JDM rear if there is enough left over.