Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best way I could ever imagine to start my day

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way I could ever imagine to start my day

Quick story lol. I was walking out to my car when I noticed 2 police officers looking around the parking garage I park in. I think nothing of it and as I'm walking up to my car I start thinking it looks really low, did I get a flat? Did someone cut my tires? Nope haha, they jacked em. They also had to break my window to get the lug key which I decided I would keep for thief's in my glove box. I thought professional thief's could get past crappy stock locking lugs easily, wish they would have left the window alone. Anyway, figured I would share the carnage, the car is resting on the front passenger rotor so hopefully it's ok. I don't want to start pointing fingers but there is this del slow that parks near my car and is pretty "modded", I didn't see his car last night like usual when I parked or this morning. Probably not him but no one else in the parking garage drives a performance car, lots of Mercedes, BMW's and Infinity's though. Seems like those rims would have been worth more than my crappy stock BBS' that are plasti dipped.

I have never had a car broken into or anything stolen from me in my life, this is really a shock.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

That sucks man. Now if you get new wheels with insurance money they will just do it again later, since you are in a parking garage. Different wheel locks on all 5 lugs not kept in the car :haha:

Seriously I had a friend that parked in a parking garage get his wheels stolen 4 different times even with wheel locks. He eventually moved and got him a house with a garage. He almost sold his RX7 because of this...

Last edited by korizmo; May 3, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

that sucks man hopefully you find out who did it. do they have cameras in the garage? maybe youll get a nice insurance check, i think the bbs are about 900 a piece brand new
Old May 3, 2012, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, sorry to hear Hope they catch the people who did this.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

I've had a window busted just to steal hy hat on the dash.

Myabe you can get finger prints off the lug nuts.?.?
Old May 3, 2012, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That is horrible... Damn animals.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by korizmo
That sucks man. Now if you get new wheels with insurance money they will just do it again later, since you are in a parking garage. Different wheel locks on all 5 lugs not kept in the car :haha:

Seriously I had a friend that parked in a parking garage get his wheels stolen 4 different times even with wheel locks. He eventually moved and got him a house with a garage. He almost sold his RX7 because of this...
I've decided to pay extra for a garage now. I feel they will just keep doing it as well and I don't have time to sit and baby sit my car.

Originally Posted by silverIXMR
that sucks man hopefully you find out who did it. do they have cameras in the garage? maybe youll get a nice insurance check, i think the bbs are about 900 a piece brand new
No cameras, the police checked with the complex already. I think I'm just going to drop the car off at my usual shop and tell him to fix it with the insurance money so I probably wont see a check.

Originally Posted by SRToad4
Wow, sorry to hear Hope they catch the people who did this.
Thanks but I'm guessing pretty much 0 chance of catching them. Worried my old ladies Cobalt SS is next, her rims aren't cheap either.

Originally Posted by meltdown
I've had a window busted just to steal hy hat on the dash.

Myabe you can get finger prints off the lug nuts.?.?
They actually checked for finger prints believe it or not lol. I thought the officer was joking but he was totally serious and said they didn't find any.

Originally Posted by Kreeker
That is horrible... Damn animals.
Yep just moved here 2 months ago, seems someone was eyeing my car.

Last edited by jdlewh; May 3, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to see this man. Truly. Years ago someone tore up my dashboard on a civic to get to the stereo. I know the feeling.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

This sucks man, sorry to hear it. Hopefully it will work out for you and maybe better than before.

My money would be on the Del Sol as well, if not him, he knows who did it. Am I stereotyping? Probably.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crazybaldhead
Sorry to see this man. Truly. Years ago someone tore up my dashboard on a civic to get to the stereo. I know the feeling.
Thanks man, hoping I can swing a deal with my shop to maybe get some better rims since the BBS's and stock tires are so crazy expensive.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:30 AM

Wow man, that sucks. You'll be driving it again in no time. Is that a private garage with only a certain number of cars in it with an automatic door, or is it open to the "public"?
Old May 3, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

My buddy TB 8 had gold sti wheels with fresh DSW tires he went to his chicks house and parked it in front of the house. Opened the door the next morning and just started laughing! Evo sitting on milk crates. This is also a very very busy street day and night. Things dumb asses will do for a freebee... Sorry to hear bro! Hope they get caught and they fingers chopped *shurgs*
Old May 3, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Oh yea if you have full coverage you'll be ok
Old May 3, 2012, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMpsi
Wow man, that sucks. You'll be driving it again in no time. Is that a private garage with only a certain number of cars in it with an automatic door, or is it open to the "public"?
The parking garage is open to all residents but the entrance to the complex has a gate. Basically anyone could have let their buddy in as a guest and there would have been no way to track them.

Originally Posted by chin0
My buddy TB 8 had gold sti wheels with fresh DSW tires he went to his chicks house and parked it in front of the house. Opened the door the next morning and just started laughing! Evo sitting on milk crates. This is also a very very busy street day and night. Things dumb asses will do for a freebee... Sorry to hear bro! Hope they get caught and they fingers chopped *shurgs*
I started laughing as well, other people walking to their cars looked at me like I was crazy. I'm hoping there is a chance the shop can swing some EVO X MR BBS' with little out of pocket for me. If they can swing it I need to thank whoever did this.

Originally Posted by chin0
Oh yea if you have full coverage you'll be ok
Yeah full coverage, still feel violated. Anyone know how they go about towing an awd car that has no tires?

Last edited by jdlewh; May 3, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:36 AM

woo s h it man.. this feller.... have to do somesthings man
lukly your sit not stolen also...

Quick Reply: Best way I could ever imagine to start my day