Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Did my headlights few days ago what y'all think

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012 | 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Did my headlights few days ago what y'all think

the mods were black housing, amber signal, color projector took me about 3 hours or so its my first set i have done so far... if anyone is interested getting theirs done pm me. im located in bakersfield, Ca
i dont know if you could tell but my lens are messed up on the lights before i even opened em up they were brought from a homie who had em laying around for a while. ima restore the lens when i get a chance..
check it out... this is it.

Old Jul 8, 2012 | 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Did u use vinyl for the amber turn signal?what projector u used?
Old Jul 8, 2012 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Looks great, I've been trying to find someone who can help me black out my headlight. Is it possible to smoke the top orange turn signal so not both the top and the bottom are amber?

Eric
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 08:09 PM

Looks good but your lenses look dull. You should wet sand them down then buff/polish them out before installing them back on.
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Addictuned Evo
Looks good but your lenses look dull. You should wet sand them down then buff/polish them out before installing them back on.
This.
Old Jul 9, 2012 | 10:48 PM

Looks real good man. Did my projectors in red too. Gives it that "Devil's Eye" look to it
Old Jul 12, 2012 | 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

^ no it's not amber vinyl I used amber paint it matches perfect you cant even tell..
Yes you could smoke out the top amber part I'm sure you probably only have one either the top one or the bottom if you have the Jdm lights.
Lol yes I agree my lens are killing me.
Looks nice (pic)
Thanks for comments
Old Jul 12, 2012 | 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FameEvo
^ no it's not amber vinyl I used amber paint it matches perfect you cant even tell..
Yes you could smoke out the top amber part I'm sure you probably only have one either the top one or the bottom if you have the Jdm lights.
Lol yes I agree my lens are killing me.
Looks nice (pic)
Thanks for comments

is that the tamiya amber paint or another brand? that matches nicely, i want to do the same with mine but i dont want it to come out cloudy like some others that ive seen.
Old Jul 12, 2012 | 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
is that the tamiya amber paint or another brand? that matches nicely, i want to do the same with mine but i dont want it to come out cloudy like some others that ive seen.
Yes it's the tamiya amber paint mine were cloudy too. I had did my lens from the inside and the chrome housing as well to make it match perfect plus you can't even tell if it's cloudy or not... No matter what or how you paint the lens it's going to come out cloudy the way lens have those lines inside its goIng to come out ****ty.