Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Another relocated ACD pump project.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another relocated ACD pump project.

So I just wanted to share some pics of what Im currently working on. Long story short, My car is on jack stands in the garage while I slowly builld it back together. One of the projects Im currently working on is to relocate the acd pump to the trunk, and relocate the fuse box and relay from the engine compartment to build a more efficient airbox for the evo.

Today I finished up the trunk portion of my project. I still need to secure the line I have running out of the trunk and to the tc, along with other small details. Here are the pics, enjoy.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I just took these tonight when I finished up and it started getting dark.

I know that some who have relocated the pump to the trunk have deleted the heavy oem bracket. The reason I kept it was for simplicity and durability. The oem bracket is nice as it secures the reservoir, and has a nice provision to secure the hard line coming out of the pump. The trunk floor is surprisingly flimsy so it was a challenge to secure this thing to the point where I would be satisfied it would hold up at track speeds.

I sourced out -6 An fittings and stainless steel braided line with a ptfe (teflon) inner liner. Not all stainless steel line is created equal. Imho, I recommend sourcing one out that has a ptfe liner. As my evo gets finalized I'll try and post pics of the build as well. Thanks for reading.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Why not just upgrade to a non ACD tcase and shed weight while at it?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont really drag race the evo. The fine tuning that even my gruppe-s race flash improved was very noticeable. Having different maps to tweak for say a rainy track day vs dry makes a big difference. There are arguments to be said for either sides Im sure, but in the end, with my driving style I prefer the acd system.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good way to keep the pump from seizing up from the elements. Something these pumps are prone to.