Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDM parts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by poketako808
lurker here. for the most part, as long as you claim your purchases customs shouldn't really care what parts you return with (especially head and tail lights). i'm sure you'll be under the $10k limit and if they ask, just be honest and tell them its for your car.

where in japan will you be going?

i travel to tokyo every year and can tell you that the rail pass is not your best bet if you don't plan on using the bullet train (shinkansen). a suica rechargeable rail card might be an economical alternate.

that aside, i strongly suggest you google the shops you want to go to. unlike america, japan does not have an address system that will give you a definite location. not to mention you'll be in a foreign country looking for something most people have no knowledge of. google shops like up garage and super autobacs to find the nearest location to your hotel.

with the current exchange rate you're losing about .12 to the dollar so factor that into your buying as well.

i hope this doesn't bum your trip. i'm just trying to share the experiences i've had. there's a lot to be found, but honestly you might save yourself some headaches by purchasing online from the comfort of you home. =P trust me, there's nothing like lugging a strut bar through a crowded train station in tokyo. good times!

if this is your first time in tokyo, check out a show i produced last year that was broadcast in hawaii called travelotaku. https://vimeo.com/planetfunction/videos
Thanks for the link!