Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.

Just wanted to post on here since im really excited to finally get my JDM headlights for my evo 9. I had the chrome JDM evo 7 lights but I wanted to go for more darker look since my car is black so I got these. I wanted to take apart the 7 headlights and paint them but figured since I never done nothing like that before I better not even try since there is a chance im gonna screw it up or its gonna look like a poo in the end so invested into these new lights. There are JDM evo 8 FQ headlights.
I also ordered evo 7 red JDM tail lights. Cant wait to get them too.
Attached Thumbnails Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.-dsc_0061.jpg   Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.-dsc_0060.jpg  

Last edited by Black_EVO_MR; Jul 15, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

here is a picture of my other headlights. I never even to got installing them. I did test them and they work like they should and are in excellent condition. they are xenon headlights. If anyone is interested in them since I no longer need them hit me up. I have some people locally asking me about them but I wanna see what kind of offers I can get around here and if there is even anybody interested. So hit me up please if that something you might be interested in since now I got my new ones.
Attached Thumbnails Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.-dsc_0060.jpg   Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.-dsc_0061.jpg  
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Won't the project angle be all screwed up? You'll be blinding on coming traffic and won't be able to see possible safety risks on the side of the road. l
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Corbic
Won't the project angle be all screwed up? You'll be blinding on coming traffic and won't be able to see possible safety risks on the side of the road. l
who cares jdm yo

sadly, do you really think anyone who buys JDM lights is going to pop them open and change the cutoff pieces? or re-aim the lights if nothing else?

yea, me neither
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:19 AM

they look great man post a picture when you have them installed!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

yeah ill post pics when I get them installed and ive seen many people have the jdm headlights and just like any headlights im sure the beam can be adjusted to shine lower, its not like its raised up that high anyway or its still not like driving on high beams, plus my side can be brighter? LOL
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
It's not a matter of raising and lowering the headlights, it's that the RHD cars have an opposite cutoff pattern

For LHD cars the right side is higher to show the road-side and not blind oncoming drivers:

______/----------

For RHD cars the left side is higher to show the road-side and not blind oncoming drivers:

----------\______

you catch my drift. That's not something that can be adjusted out without taking the headlights apart and putting in a different cutoff shield
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
who cares jdm yo

sadly, do you really think anyone who buys JDM lights is going to pop them open and change the cutoff pieces? or re-aim the lights if nothing else?

yea, me neither
In the 8+ years driving with JDM MR Headlights......never ever....not once did someone flash me for "blinding" them with my lights. Only 170,000 miles of driving.

The beam, although it will point in the opposite direction, is not enough of an angle to blind oncoming traffic. I just think its these "HID Xenon gurus" who make it out to be worse than it actually is.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by h22gordo
In the 8+ years driving with JDM MR Headlights......never ever....not once did someone flash me for "blinding" them with my lights. Only 170,000 miles of driving.

The beam, although it will point in the opposite direction, is not enough of an angle to blind oncoming traffic. I just think its these "HID Xenon gurus" who make it out to be worse than it actually is.
I agree with you and I think everything will be just fine with my new lights, I don't think ill even notice much difference.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

let me know if you're interested in selling your JDM 7 headlights, The new ones look phenomenal
Old Jul 18, 2013, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also agree ( I have JDM headlights) that I never have blinded anyone, but I must say and I tell you ( OP) you will notice the difference... JDM headlights do not light LHD roads that well
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

almost a sin to open them. I think i can live with RHD lighting...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
I also agree ( I have JDM headlights) that I never have blinded anyone, but I must say and I tell you ( OP) you will notice the difference... JDM headlights do not light LHD roads that well
That's okay im not planning on doing much night driving anyway, I aslo wanna upgrade the HID BULBS and the stock fog lights should help some
Old Jul 25, 2013, 08:58 AM

Just re-aim them... its kind of a pain, but it can be done.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fstyles05EB
Just re-aim them... its kind of a pain, but it can be done.

That's what ill try to do if it don't shine good enough

Quick Reply: Finnaly got my JDM headlights, still waiting on my tails to come in.