Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Custom Evo 8/9 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013 | 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Looks the same as a nose chop
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrendanS
Actually, no it doesn't. Maybe I need some side pics for perspective. But trust me, it's different.

If you look closer, you'll see it's got Evo 9 proportions on the grill. I feel like I've written this before
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

That is sick! Would love it on my wife's Evo 8. So, I'd need to buy a used 9 bumper and then pay $500 to have this work done?
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrendanS
Still think it looks like a nose chop?

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Sep 6, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1QYK9
That is sick! Would love it on my wife's Evo 8. So, I'd need to buy a used 9 bumper and then pay $500 to have this work done?
Something like that. Paint might be extra, I'm not sure. I found a busted up donor Evo 9 bumper for $50.

Call Dean up at (661) 251-6737
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

So you basicky Spent close to double of a nose chop? I don't see a differance here.

Old Sep 6, 2013 | 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
So you basicky Spent close to double of a nose chop? I don't see a differance here.

If you feel the top of an Evo 9 bumper looks like a nose chop, then it's a nose chop. But it's not.

Nose chop looks like a hack fest IMHO. This looks OEM, because it is in a way. If I wanted a nose chop, I would have gotten one. But I didn't. Nose chop looks like a nose chop. This doesn't. I can't help that you can't tell the difference, but ok.

I guess all Evo 9 bumpers look like Evo 8 nose chops lol. Except, the lip on the Evo 8 nose chop is about 1.5" too wide and can't fit the Evo 9 grill.
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
If you feel the top of an Evo 9 bumper looks like a nose chop, then it's a nose chop. But it's not.

Nose chop looks like a hack fest IMHO. This looks OEM, because it is in a way. If I wanted a nose chop, I would have gotten one. But I didn't. Nose chop looks like a nose chop. This doesn't. I can't help that you can't tell the difference, but ok.

I guess all Evo 9 bumpers look like Evo 8 nose chops lol. Except, the lip on the Evo 8 nose chop is about 1.5" too wide and can't fit the Evo 9 grill.
Erik I am not trying to start a pissing contest, but I don't really see a differance If you can shed some light please do so I can see a differance. The car is clean no matter what. Now does this look like a "Hack Job"?

This is a Evo 8 Nose Chop my personal car.
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok, IMHO, the nose chop on Evo 8's looks like an aftermarket modification and not how the car was made. There is no grill and no symbol on it like every car comes with.

The bottom lip on the chopped 8's is about 1.5" wider than the Evo 9. And to my eye, the proportions are all wrong. It's too deep. With the Evo 9 bumper top, the lip is thinner and the OEM Evo 9 grill fits right up to it. Just take a look at an Evo 9 bumper. That's what mine is, at least the top part.

So, with the Evo 9 top and an Evo 8 bottom, it looks OEM to my eyes and not like an aftermarket cut-and-chop.

Make sense?
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Ok, IMHO, the nose chop on Evo 8's looks like an aftermarket modification and not how the car was made. There is no grill and no symbol on it like every car comes with.

The bottom lip on the chopped 8's is about 1.5" wider than the Evo 9. And to my eye, the proportions are all wrong. It's too deep. With the Evo 9 bumper top, the lip is thinner and the OEM Evo 9 grill fits right up to it. Just take a look at an Evo 9 bumper. That's what mine is, at least the top part.

So, with the Evo 9 top and an Evo 8 bottom, it looks OEM to my eyes and not like an aftermarket cut-and-chop.

Make sense?
Ok, Now I understand still IMO a over priced nose chop lol, you molded two bumpers to get the OEM grill of a Evo 9 and a Slimmer Upper Lip Profile Clean though. Now I am on track buddy.
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
Ok, Now I understand still IMO a over priced nose chop lol, you molded two bumpers to get the OEM grill of a Evo 9 and a Slimmer Upper Lip Profile Clean though. Now I am on track buddy.
Hey, if I were in this game to have every decision I made make financial sense, I'd be driving a Yugo or something

I have purposely never added up how much I spent on my car because I am pretty sure I would cry
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 08:50 PM

I've been waiting to do this mod for years. Yours looks great. More pics would be great and possibly with a ruler for reference to see the depth along the grill opening.

Disregard: I thought you only used an 8 front bumper.

Last edited by Count chocula; Sep 6, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

nice nose chop bro
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Count chocula
I've been waiting to do this mod for years. Yours looks great. More pics would be great and possibly with a ruler for reference to see the depth along the grill opening.
I can do the ruler.

What other kind of pics do you want?

Originally Posted by Kada__85
nice nose chop bro
Hey "bro."

A standard Evo 8 nose chop creates a lot of negative space in the center of the front bumper. There is no grill and no logo. No me gusto. However, this is a meld incorporating an Evo 9 center grill onto an Evo 8 bottom. Meld, not chop

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Sep 6, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2013 | 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kada__85
nice nose chop bro

LOL. That is all.

Quick Reply: Custom Evo 8/9 Front Bumper