Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Opinion's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion's

Let me start off by introducing myself. Hi my name is Justin, and I work for the Navy. Currently deployed on CVN 75, halfway through a 9 month deployment. My evo obsession started when i was about 14 playing GT4 for my dad. Loved the car ever since. My first car was a 03 Scion TC. I bought it without an engine and in pretty bad shape. I restored the car and turned a 8k profit on it. That went towards my new car. 05 apex silver evo 8 SSL. Right now im kinda struggling with the look I want. And being deployed, and not actually being able to look at it first hand is making it all the more difficult. 5 days before I left on deployment I got rear ended, and it pushed me into a SUV in front of me. Below is the outcome of that tiny accident. Fortunately i had good connections and had the entire car repainted, parts replaced and all. all I paid was the deductible. Now to get on topic, I cant decide if I should keep the scheme in said pictures, black rims black or CF lip (rims are getting changed out, thinking about XXR 530's) or color match the lip and go with GG rims. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Justin
Attached Thumbnails Opinion's-crash.jpg   Opinion's-evo.jpg  
Old Jan 3, 2014, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nose chop, carbon lip, aftermarket 18" wheels in black would look great.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mistaken
Nose chop, carbon lip, aftermarket 18" wheels in black would look great.

What kind of wheels did you have in mind?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

If you like those XXR's do that. Some 18x9.5 +28ish range would be the perfect fit.

Whats your wheel budget?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mistaken
If you like those XXR's do that. Some 18x9.5 +28ish range would be the perfect fit.

Whats your wheel budget?
Honestly, I'm not trying to spend a ton on wheels so I would say around 1200 tops. When I do get her to track standards I wont be using aftermarket wheels anyhow. So whatever I get is just for show.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Then Id look into nt03's, rpf1's, xxr's and so on. Or a nice set of used wheels on here.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

CVN 75? Truman? Sweet!!! I would go with a nose chop, and get some varsstoens rims the ESM 2 I believe are the CE27 look. Leave the lip as is.

I'm a prior CV63, CVN 73, and LCC19. Currently on first shore command.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Justindexter
Let me start off by introducing myself. Hi my name is Justin, and I work for the Navy. Currently deployed on CVN 75, halfway through a 9 month deployment. My evo obsession started when i was about 14 playing GT4 for my dad. Loved the car ever since. My first car was a 03 Scion TC. I bought it without an engine and in pretty bad shape. I restored the car and turned a 8k profit on it. That went towards my new car. 05 apex silver evo 8 SSL. Right now im kinda struggling with the look I want. And being deployed, and not actually being able to look at it first hand is making it all the more difficult. 5 days before I left on deployment I got rear ended, and it pushed me into a SUV in front of me. Below is the outcome of that tiny accident. Fortunately i had good connections and had the entire car repainted, parts replaced and all. all I paid was the deductible. Now to get on topic, I cant decide if I should keep the scheme in said pictures, black rims black or CF lip (rims are getting changed out, thinking about XXR 530's) or color match the lip and go with GG rims. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Justin
I don't have advice, I just thought it was funny that the exact same thing happened to me except it was more like 3 days before a deployment. Mustang hit me from the rear which pushed be into a Equinox.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 08:21 PM

Looks just like new. Nose chop and figuring out that license plate for sure. Current stock wheels look fine though just need to repaint brembos.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by flippymcbean
CVN 75? Truman? Sweet!!! I would go with a nose chop, and get some varsstoens rims the ESM 2 I believe are the CE27 look. Leave the lip as is.

I'm a prior CV63, CVN 73, and LCC19. Currently on first shore command.
Congratz on the shore command bro! I can't wait till I can go on shore duty lol. Currently looking into the nose chop mod, dont want to do it myself. No where near experienced enough to attempt this. Time to look for places in New york and Virginia.
Originally Posted by ch53avitech
I don't have advice, I just thought it was funny that the exact same thing happened to me except it was more like 3 days before a deployment. Mustang hit me from the rear which pushed be into a Equinox.
That sucks man, it's like they know we are about to leave lol. Thankfully my dad took full care of it while I was away. He still is!
Originally Posted by KiiD2X
Looks just like new. Nose chop and figuring out that license plate for sure. Current stock wheels look fine though just need to repaint brembos.
I was looking at the caliper painting thread on here, and decided that's the first thing I am going to do when I get back. At first I wanted to go with purple silver and black, but I think keeping them red would be a little less ricer. Time to buy some engine enamel lol. As far as those stock rims, they just look nice. When I bought them they were severely curb rashed. A women owned the car previously, I plasti dipped them black so you couldnt see all the damage. Thinking about getting XXR 527's. Pretty much sold on those right now.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go with some rpf1s in 18"