Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Zaino Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2004 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Why doesnt someone call them direct?

I would do it but I am at work and dont have the time.
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 11:36 AM
El Jefe

Originally posted by SmokinSilverEVO
If people actually read the beginning of the thread it asks if there is interest in trying to get one started. I never actually said there'd be one. I can't account for people not reading. Oh well. At least if I do get a deal, there will be less work to do later because I'll already have a list.

Good point. I need to inventory my Zaino supply and see if I should get in on this...
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

well if you start the forum... you should go call zaino
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

i want 2 sets of them
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

I finally talked to Sal today. He will not offer us a group buy at all. He will only give us free promo give aways if we were going to a car show together. That is all. I'm just as bummed as you are/will be. I even sat on hold outside in the freezing cold (cell phone) just to find that out. So for now everyone is on their own for Zaino products unless something else develops. Sorry and good luck to everyone.
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mifesto
well if you start the forum... you should go call zaino
Well you know what. I work upwards of seventy hours a week. Do you really think that I can find a ton of time to screw around on the phone and chase people around. I'm sorry that it took me three days, but I didn't have a chance the first day. My long distance was screwed up yesterday so I couldn't get through. And I finally got through today only to be shot down. Damn ungrateful people.
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thx's for all the hard work, ect.. That really sucks u got 30 + names / with some ppl wanting 2 kits, and he not even coming down one penny.

Sad all I can say he got a good product made a fortune off of it and knows he can get what he is asking for it!

Greedy <-------- excessively desirous of wealth, profit , ect.
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

eh? no one forced u to do ****... stop ur whining. i suggested the forum starter initiate the contact since everyone else here jumped on your bandwagon...
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mifesto
eh? no one forced u to do ****... stop ur whining. i suggested the forum starter initiate the contact since everyone else here jumped on your bandwagon...
Jae...where is you appreciation for his efforts? You cant execpt things to always turn out right. He proposed an idea, and it didnt go threw, he did not promise anything nor advertised anything...so take a chill pill!

SmokinSilverEVO...thanx for your efforts. I will pay full price now!
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 01:30 PM
El Jefe

Originally posted by tx evo
Sad all I can say he got a good product made a fortune off of it and knows he can get what he is asking for it!

Greedy <-------- excessively desirous of wealth, profit , ect.
In dealing with Sal in the past, I don't think it's greed. His company makes an exceptional product, and sells it at a price that to me seems fair. Contary to popular belief (at least on this site), most businesses are around to make money. If Zaino's margins are fairly low, they can't really afford to cut 10-15% off the top without losing money on the deal, can they?
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 01:32 PM
El Jefe

Originally posted by SmokinSilverEVO
Damn ungrateful people.
Even though I was skeptical, I appreciate your leg work. Thanks.

Zaino Store
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by WestSideBilly

If Zaino's margins are fairly low, they can't really afford to cut 10-15% off the top without losing money on the deal, can they?

This could be true somewhat, but you consinder that we have approximately 32 ppl wanting to purchase at least one kit.

32 x 84.70 = $2710.40 humm say a 5% discount would = 135.52 discount and that = $4.23 per person. Now thats much of a discount but anything is better then saying "NO" discount.

And if he is making say 20% off each sale he would make $542.08 - $135.52 = $406.56 profit.

In the market of sales most businesses (NOT ALL) make at least 30% - 40% (+) profit if not higher, so 20% I figure is low.
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

ahhh, that sucks, thumbs up for the effort!!!!
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 02:51 PM
El Jefe

While many have 30-40% gross profit (revenues/direct costs), when you factor in indirect/operating costs (building overhead, phone/internet costs, labor), that number is more like 3-7%.

Another thing to consider is that one of these Zaino kits will last most people 2 years (except maybe the spray). It's tough to justify giving people a deal when you may not see them again for 2 years.

Again, I'm not sure I agree with Sal's business practice; just that he is not likely ripping us off.
Old Mar 5, 2004 | 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you all for backing me up. I was really hoping to get something off since I was ordering 4 kits (I was getting some for a couple friends). Just remember that he did say he'd throw some free give aways our way if there is a show.