Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Almost ruined - Form and function?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014 | 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Horrible idea! That being said you should sell me those rs's dirt cheap and I'll give you some stock wheels lol.

I love meshies on just about every car I see them on. I've got rs reps on my evo and I get attention everywhere. Looks great in my opinion. Real ones are immaculate!
Old May 6, 2014 | 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

change the headlights... they take away so much from the car... other than that rise it a little bit and you'll be fine
Old May 6, 2014 | 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cmspaz
Apparently you missed the part about what these cars were built for... For every person who does this to an Evo there's another who'd love to have one to do those things with it.

Which makes it a complete waste of what would otherwise be an ACTUAL nice car.
I'm not getting butthurt over this, but hear me out... You mean to tell me, that evos were BUILT just for racing/rally/motorsport? Cars that are built for this are not sold to the public. They are inspired by rally/racing/motorsport. There is a difference.

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
It's for sure a nice car. Always loved that color and the lip and hood look sweet against it.

It's too low for my area and I'm not a fan of the wheels or diffuser

It is certainly not "ruined" in my mind, not that that matters because most of all it is YOURS
Appreciate it! I must be the only one who doesnt like the hood I guess I'm just sick of it after 3 years of trying to find a BBY to trade with rather than just get the carbon painted haha.

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Since when does lowering your car make it not functional. Like I mentioned, if its not bottoming out or the tires arent hitting the fenders, there isnt an issue. Just because a car is fast doesnt mean it shouldnt be lowered. How many people have these awd cars that they dont drive in the winter because theyre too "modified"?! Isnt buying an awd meaning it should be used in the winter and snow? Not all people are gonna buy these cars to track or rally them, so instead to making dumbass comments, just keep your thoughts to yourself or mention its just not your taste
Agreed, see above post about he cars. Agree completely about this.

Originally Posted by Atrophical
BRANDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I think they look good, period. It's all in what you want. btw it's Mark from IG lmao
Haha wahts up man! I want your hood still

Originally Posted by josh_evo9
Horrible idea! That being said you should sell me those rs's dirt cheap and I'll give you some stock wheels lol.

I love meshies on just about every car I see them on. I've got rs reps on my evo and I get attention everywhere. Looks great in my opinion. Real ones are immaculate!
Haha I appreciate it. I figured it would be different then the every day bagged VW with RS with insanely stretched tires on it. Its certainly not for everyone!

Originally Posted by manolo2011
change the headlights... they take away so much from the car... other than that rise it a little bit and you'll be fine
Change the headlights? Of all things that have ever been said about my car, getting rid of the JDM evo 9 headlights was NEVER mentioned haha. I do appreciate your feedback. If anything the hood will be painted to take away from the dark colors in that area
Old May 6, 2014 | 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Those arnt jdm headlights.... the purple on blue is weird imo but you keep doing you haha.
And to the guy who said "what they are built for" ... its a car ment to be filled with petrol and driven. Dosnt matter how hard or where its driven and enjoyed as long as the owner enjoys it. Not everyone with car passion is a racecar driver.

I can easily take a **** box car rally prep it and have a blast of a season! Crazy right a car that was built for daily commute like a corola and enjoy it doing something other than driving to and from work?!?!
Old May 6, 2014 | 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Since when does lowering your car make it not functional. Like I mentioned, if its not bottoming out or the tires arent hitting the fenders, there isnt an issue. Just because a car is fast doesnt mean it shouldnt be lowered. How many people have these awd cars that they dont drive in the winter because theyre too "modified"?! Isnt buying an awd meaning it should be used in the winter and snow? Not all people are gonna buy these cars to track or rally them, so instead to making dumbass comments, just keep your thoughts to yourself or mention its just not your taste
...thank god you don't have an evo
Old May 7, 2014 | 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not a fan of the wheels. The color combo looks alright but I just don't like the "mesh" wheels personally. You should do a nose chop and the exterior would be perfect. I see your from MA. Where was that car meet? I just took the evo out of winter hibernation yesterday.
Old May 7, 2014 | 05:09 AM

haha. I just purchased another Evo hood, that's my next project this weekend, to make it just like the one that's on my car!

Everyone has their own taste on what they like and want. It may not be likable but you know what, it's what you like. That's all that matters and all that should count.

Good day sir!
Old May 7, 2014 | 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

If you like the way it sits more power to you. Just want to say that those wide 10 inch wheels and ride height are most definitely form. Wider heavier wheels yet run the same size tires as most stockers. definitely not function.

As far as the color goes, it looks good.
Old May 7, 2014 | 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by analogEvo
Those arnt jdm headlights.... the purple on blue is weird imo but you keep doing you haha.
And to the guy who said "what they are built for" ... its a car ment to be filled with petrol and driven. Dosnt matter how hard or where its driven and enjoyed as long as the owner enjoys it. Not everyone with car passion is a racecar driver.

I can easily take a **** box car rally prep it and have a blast of a season! Crazy right a car that was built for daily commute like a corola and enjoy it doing something other than driving to and from work?!?!
FakeDM headlights. Split painted orange inserts etc. I agree 100% the purple is weird. I swapped the barrels but didnt want the down time with the powdercoating. They'll be changed eventually. The bold, is probably the best thing I have read on this forum in a long time.

Originally Posted by 19DB794
I'm not a fan of the wheels. The color combo looks alright but I just don't like the "mesh" wheels personally. You should do a nose chop and the exterior would be perfect. I see your from MA. Where was that car meet? I just took the evo out of winter hibernation yesterday.
Yeah I hear ya. I was looking to do a nose chop once I take her apart for the Front facing swap. But I was also considering the Varis Version 2 front. As for the meet, it was down in Somers, CT. At some golf course/farm thing. Was a good turn out.

Originally Posted by Atrophical
haha. I just purchased another Evo hood, that's my next project this weekend, to make it just like the one that's on my car!

Everyone has their own taste on what they like and want. It may not be likable but you know what, it's what you like. That's all that matters and all that should count.

Good day sir!
Ughhhhhh gimme gimme gimme

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
If you like the way it sits more power to you. Just want to say that those wide 10 inch wheels and ride height are most definitely form. Wider heavier wheels yet run the same size tires as most stockers. definitely not function.

As far as the color goes, it looks good.
Thanks! I mean, I really want to weigh them and see what the actual weights are, I know BBS RS were originally used back in the day for racing, but they had the turbo fins on them for air direction to the brakes.
Old May 7, 2014 | 06:57 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Originally Posted by TougeGod7
...thank god you don't have an evo
No, I have a Ralliart with an upgraded turbo pushing 334whp, and yep I AM LOWERED!! I dont really understand why the hell people thinking lowering or slamming your car ruins its performance. Its just as fast lowered and I still get over speed bumps, curbs, train tracks without issue so whats your deal?!
I love the idiots who think every car needs to be the same, have the same "quality" parts, same ol' Volks or Advans, etc and that everyone who owns an Evo, Ralliart, WRX, or STI is racing their cars. I myself drove through the horrible midwest winter last year in my car without getting stuck once, and YES, I AM LOWERED!!

GET OVER IT!!
Old May 7, 2014 | 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I saw this car at Staggered on Sunday. Didn't know you were on EvoM too. Looks nice!
Old May 7, 2014 | 07:15 AM

No! lol.
Old May 7, 2014 | 07:34 AM

I have a blue Evo also, not much of a fan with the blue and purple though.
Old May 7, 2014 | 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

No, I have a Ralliart with an upgraded turbo pushing 334whp, and yep I AM LOWERED!! I dont really understand why the hell people thinking lowering or slamming your car ruins its performance. Its just as fast lowered and I still get over speed bumps, curbs, train tracks without issue so whats your deal?!
I love the idiots who think every car needs to be the same, have the same "quality" parts, same ol' Volks or Advans, etc and that everyone who owns an Evo, Ralliart, WRX, or STI is racing their cars. I myself drove through the horrible midwest winter last year in my car without getting stuck once, and YES, I AM LOWERED!!

GET OVER IT!!
Old May 7, 2014 | 07:56 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
Mad? Nah, just some real ignorant *** people here. People need to respect the work of other people instead of talking **** like a lowered car is now ruined! Everyone has their idea of how they want their car to look. Whether people like it or not the slammed look is in and its what a ton of people are doing now. Everyone has their opinion its just stupid to used the phrase like "why do this to a race car" Just because is awd doesnt mean people arent gonna build their cars as show car instead of race cars.
Im not nearly as low as this Evo, but IMO the car looks good and as long as he isnt damaging his car as hes driving, there shouldnt be issues.

Quick Reply: Almost ruined - Form and function?