Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Almost ruined - Form and function?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014 | 03:24 PM

Colors aren't too bad. Could stand to be raised a bit more for function though.
Old May 10, 2014 | 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

I really like the rims! If I could get a set I would be more than satisfied. I think a set of RGRs or maybe LMs. Haha. So many to choose from. And as far as I would save those for track events only. Everyone and there mom has those and/or the RPF1s. Good luck with the rest of the build!
Old May 10, 2014 | 08:29 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Navy

Nice car. The main thing is it looks clean. Obviously, some issues but those aren't things that couldn't be fixed EASILY. Your obviously showing it off vs on a track so the purpose suits where the car was located in the pics. The wheels go with the company in your pics. lol@the vws/euros in the pics with you.

Either way, keep it clean and you get my thumbs up!
Old May 11, 2014 | 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TougeGod7
honestly, the best part about all this is that the OP doesn't care what other people have to say
Its the internet, I cant please everyone. I anticipated criticism I got it. Both positive and negative, but hey thats life! I would be very curious to see what the "perfect" evo was if all of EvoM got together to build it.

That being said, I'm probably my biggest critic. As I know the flaws, I'm never 100% satisfied, but thats why things keep changing

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
If you post on the internet you are prepared for the good and the bad. If you arent the internet isn't for you.

Don't really like the wheel choice, they remind me of a vdub but I know they have a following. You are probably a bigger wheel ***** then me so I know you will switch it up soon enough.

I like watching progress and I've seen your car from the start.

Keep doing you. I've kinda fallen back from posting on this site. Its extremely maddening to be called a hater because you dont like something as well as the attitude that if you aren't modding a car for drag or track you are wasting it.

I mod my car for me, it kinda looks like a lot other cars on this site and to be honest for what I use it for its a complete waste.

But its my car so :P
Thanks Smurf!! Likewise on your builds. As you said, they do have a following, it was something I just HAD to give a shot, otherwise the BMW is getting 18" RS

That being said, I'll likely have a new set picked out soon for the Evo. The plan is voltex/varis widebody for the next year. Going to pay off a few things first and get the forward facing kit on. Hopefully by then the two new motorsports parks will be open that are local so I can really push the car.

I rarely post on here as well for reasons as you stated. Its our cars, we mod them for ourselves and no one else!!! Plan to keep it that way too

Originally Posted by misterchonger
Colors aren't too bad. Could stand to be raised a bit more for function though.
Grass is deceptive My excuse is I'm colorblind

Originally Posted by NJ_evoIXgsr
Nice car. The main thing is it looks clean. Obviously, some issues but those aren't things that couldn't be fixed EASILY. Your obviously showing it off vs on a track so the purpose suits where the car was located in the pics. The wheels go with the company in your pics. lol@the vws/euros in the pics with you.

Either way, keep it clean and you get my thumbs up!
Well said, I appreciate it I REALLY want to push this on the track. Once I pay off the small amount I have left, I will push more towards the track side of things. Just wanted to slow it down a bit and give a more "show" side to the car
Old May 11, 2014 | 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flippymcbean
I really like the rims! If I could get a set I would be more than satisfied. I think a set of RGRs or maybe LMs. Haha. So many to choose from. And as far as I would save those for track events only. Everyone and there mom has those and/or the RPF1s. Good luck with the rest of the build!
Yeah I was trying to find a square setup of LM's its just damn near impossible! Someone on here was selling 18x9 but I wanted an inch or so wider

The RPF1/NT03 are awesome wheels though, I may just go with AME TM02's once I get more towards a race function of the car

Appreciate the kind words!
Old May 11, 2014 | 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

With your idea of cars I can certainly see why you think fpblack is a "big turbo" Big doesn't start for me until 6466 or gt37+

Not an issue if the car is all show no go.
Originally Posted by silver9mr View Post
how are those injectors even doing anything with what you have done lol they must be begging for mercy.
Old May 12, 2014 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
With your idea of cars I can certainly see why you think fpblack is a "big turbo" Big doesn't start for me until 6466 or gt37+

Not an issue if the car is all show no go.
Much bigger than stock, so I do see your point as to why it wouldnt be a "big turbo" if your definition starts at 6466 lol

I wouldnt call my car all show and no go... because the FP black goes... but I guess everyone has their definition as to what is considered "going"
Old May 13, 2014 | 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Stock
Small fp green/red gt30
mid fp black gt35
Big 6466 gt37+ (6266 for the unlucky ones)
Pretty sure thats how the rest of us see it.
Originally Posted by Pssst
Much bigger than stock, so I do see your point as to why it wouldnt be a "big turbo" if your definition starts at 6466 lol

I wouldnt call my car all show and no go... because the FP black goes... but I guess everyone has their definition as to what is considered "going"
Old May 13, 2014 | 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

where do the 62XX or GT35XX slot in on your scale? just curious
Old May 13, 2014 | 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
where do the 62XX or GT35XX slot in on your scale? just curious
I guess the 62xx is considered big, but is for the "unlucky ones" and the GT35 is mid

My entire evo life has been a lie a guess....
Old May 13, 2014 | 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

In my experience, people usually tend to reference "form follows function" when they are trying to justify the way they want something to look.
Old May 13, 2014 | 10:44 AM

I don't think the color combination is really my cup of tea but the real question is not whether WE like it but if YOU like it!
Old May 13, 2014 | 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

So a black is bigger than a gt35 interesting....
Originally Posted by Pssst
I guess the 62xx is considered big, but is for the "unlucky ones" and the GT35 is mid

My entire evo life has been a lie a guess....
Old May 13, 2014 | 04:01 PM

Positive feedback, negative feedback, to be expected. The level of cynicism and condescending remarks is, however, a bit much. Is this an evo forum for people who like cars, or a tiny dick parade of overcompensation? Hard to tell, but I think a few people here need a hug. I guess the OP should have asked for people to vote before playing with his own car, right? If your advice is insulting maybe you should check your delivery, only person impressed is yourself.

Whew! Internet road rage flare-up.
Old May 13, 2014 | 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Stock
Small fp green/red gt30
mid fp black gt35
Big 6466 gt37+ (6266 for the unlucky ones)
Pretty sure thats how the rest of us see it.
So a black is bigger than a gt35 interesting....
You yourself called it a mid turbo. So I guess I'm confused... and as far as I knew yes... GT35 is bigger than a Black lol

Originally Posted by 09RotorGlow
Positive feedback, negative feedback, to be expected. The level of cynicism and condescending remarks is, however, a bit much. Is this an evo forum for people who like cars, or a tiny dick parade of overcompensation? Hard to tell, but I think a few people here need a hug. I guess the OP should have asked for people to vote before playing with his own car, right? If your advice is insulting maybe you should check your delivery, only person impressed is yourself.

Whew! Internet road rage flare-up.
I get entertainment from it all to be honest. I dont lose sleep at night from whats being said. I'm very accepting of what people are saying. I do like your idea of the vote... Maybe I should do that next for "what I should do next to my ruined rally car"

Originally Posted by ridnhard19
I don't think the color combination is really my cup of tea but the real question is not whether WE like it but if YOU like it!
Mine either, but I'm learning to love it haha. I like it, but dont love it yet

Quick Reply: Almost ruined - Form and function?