Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Anyone had a new clear coat put on?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2004, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My body experiences are as thus:

I have a Red Evo that went in for some undercarriage work after I was raped by some road debris. While in the shop, the tech smacked my rear bumper with another vehicle. It was just scratched up some. The whole rear bumper was repainted. It came out perfect, so they did a good job matching. I also had a shopping cart ding removed with PDR. I was shocked by the PERFECT results. This was on my passenger door. Not sure about the cost though. I got that for free since they allowed another car to kiss my cars ***!

As far as detailing goes. I am not excessively happy with the paint. The red does have the orange peel and I've seen many 'a red rag while waxing. But, I found a good combo for wash, wax, polish, and detail with some great products. I wash her about once every two weeks and do a full detail once every month or two depending on conditions. The red currently looks great. My only prob is a big nick in the hood from a flying highway pebble.

For a great shine that will last longer than some normal waxes, go to your Mitsu dealer and ask for a bottle of the pink polishing compound in their detailing equipment. Put this on and polish as a last step after your normal wax and polish. The combo has lasted as much as three and a half months for me without the paint feeling flat or stopping to sheet the water.
Old May 27, 2004, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ever seen the sti black? has gold particles in it... would really suck to have to paintmatch that