Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Seibon CF RA-style front lip on Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seibon CF RA-style front lip on Evo 9

I'm new to this forum and I tried to search for pictures with Seibon Carbon RA-style front lip installed on Evo 9 with very poor results. If anyone could show links or pics of this lip installed particularly on Evo 9 it would be great!
I just received mine but it doesn't seem to fit. Test fitted it to my bumper with OEM lip off and it looks to be 2 inches too wide from the other side while the other side is about 0.5 inches off. I know they're supposed to be fitted with bumper off but I don't believe undertray and splashguards can be fitted properly anymore with that much difference in width.

If anyone has pics of an installed lip on Evo 9, please share or send the links to pics here or PM. Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tarzi
I'm new to this forum and I tried to search for pictures with Seibon Carbon RA-style front lip installed on Evo 9 with very poor results. If anyone could show links or pics of this lip installed particularly on Evo 9 it would be great!
I just received mine but it doesn't seem to fit. Test fitted it to my bumper with OEM lip off and it looks to be 2 inches too wide from the other side while the other side is about 0.5 inches off. I know they're supposed to be fitted with bumper off but I don't believe undertray and splashguards can be fitted properly anymore with that much difference in width.

If anyone has pics of an installed lip on Evo 9, please share or send the links to pics here or PM. Thanks!
anyone with experience with the Seibon front lip install? I'm trying to decide between their RA-Style and the Rexpeed.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:24 AM

Anyone? I don't believe no one hasn't at least attempted to install Seibon Carbon RA style lip to their Evo 9 bumper.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

I decided to go with the cheap Ikon urethane since I tend to scrape that thing up.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 01:20 AM

It really seems no one besides that one guy in youtube has actually fitted/installed the Seibon lip to Evo 9 bumper. I found several pics and examples of Evo 8 fitments but none for Evo 9.

I fitted the lip to my car and sent the pics to Seibon to show how much off the lip actually is. Their response was that it needs to be fitted with bumper off and according to their installation instrucions - how do they think it will change the overall fitment if the lip is too wide and made from material that is not going to flex? The instructions showed loads of modifications that it needs for installation but did not show a single pic of the lip installed on a car, only to a bumper. Personally I bought the lip to be used with the car, not with a bumper alone. It might fit to the bumper due to the flexibility of the OEM bumper but it will still leave gaps to undertray tabs and splashguards. I'm not willing to start drilling and modifying the lip when the fitment seems this much off as that would only open the door for Seibon to claim that the lip is then non-returnable due to drilling and and modifications made.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tarzi
It really seems no one besides that one guy in youtube has actually fitted/installed the Seibon lip to Evo 9 bumper. I found several pics and examples of Evo 8 fitments but none for Evo 9.

I fitted the lip to my car and sent the pics to Seibon to show how much off the lip actually is. Their response was that it needs to be fitted with bumper off and according to their installation instrucions - how do they think it will change the overall fitment if the lip is too wide and made from material that is not going to flex? The instructions showed loads of modifications that it needs for installation but did not show a single pic of the lip installed on a car, only to a bumper. Personally I bought the lip to be used with the car, not with a bumper alone. It might fit to the bumper due to the flexibility of the OEM bumper but it will still leave gaps to undertray tabs and splashguards. I'm not willing to start drilling and modifying the lip when the fitment seems this much off as that would only open the door for Seibon to claim that the lip is then non-returnable due to drilling and and modifications made.
what did you end up doing?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
I decided to go with the cheap Ikon urethane since I tend to scrape that thing up.
and it's gone...

I clipped a curb at 1 MPH in a parking lot and the corner of the lip exploded.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by wjamyers
what did you end up doing?
I returned it to the local dealer who agreed to take it back. Currently using the OEM lip and if I'm ever going to fit an aftermarket lip I'm going to stay away from Seibon lips.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's a pic of mine....

Had it on for a couple years now. Took quite a bit of test fitting/adjustment to get it to fit relatively well.
Attached Thumbnails Seibon CF RA-style front lip on Evo 9-img_1068.jpg  
Old Apr 17, 2016, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the best Ralliart lip replica is the JDP lip. It uses the same 1x1 carbon weave as the real one, and it looks and fits exactly like the authentic. Seibon is junk.