Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Time Attack Challenger – Filbert’s EVO IX RS2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Time Attack Challenger – Filbert’s EVO IX RS2

(Feature excerpt from becauserc.com which is found by me and my friend)

For those people who are familiar with the Malaysian/Singaporean Time Attack scene, you may have taken note of Filbert’s Lancer Evolution IX RS2. He is a frequent competitor of zerotohundred.com TimeToAttack Super Street Turbo AWD class. Another point to note is all his colour schemes would leave a rather deep impression; from Red/Carbon fiber doors to Black Chrome/Carbon fiber door and the current RZER livery. RZER is a group he founded with a few like minded friends in Singapore. I first spotted his car during Round 1 of 2013 TTA event which happened to be my first visit to TTA. His car left a rather deep impression as he was the winner of the Super Street Turbo AWD class.

After knowing him personally for awhile, I found out that he loves anything with wheels. From being interested in mountain biking during high school days to motorcycles during college days to cars during adulthood, he has tried them all. In his opinion, being a good rider makes the transition to be a good driver is much easier. Because motorbikes are much less forgiving, it is important to hone your senses to feel when you lose traction as the price to pay for making mistakes with motorbikes are much higher than driving a car. Hence, the sensitivity of the traction threshold does carry over to driving and make driving fast much easier.

His first car was an Alfa Romeo 147 2.0TS which he modded with a Rotrex Supercharger, full Supersprint exhaust, KW V3 coilover, Quaife LSD, etc etc and it is a weapon in the corners. Because he loves Japanese cars/bikes and felt the need to go faster, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX fulfilled his itch for a much better and proven platform for racing. However, the very car we are featuring today is his second Lancer Evolution IX. The first Lancer Evolution IX was a white Lancer Evolution IX GSR. After he finished the initial build of that car in 2012, he did manage to get a few trackdays in. During a leisure drive down to Sepang with his friends to test the car on a new setup, the white car is involved in an accident due to a blown out tyre that happened on another car which swerved and hit Filbert. Luckily, Filbert and his wife walked away from that accident. Lady luck was certainly on his side that day. He decided against repairing the white Lancer Evolution IX GSR and brought the Lancer Evolution IX RS2 we are featuring today to start fresh instead.

In the 90s-00s period, the street scene in Singapore was more interesting than what it is now. At that time the Lancer Evolution was one of the kings of the street. But the Lancer Evolution is not only good on the Street or in Touge only, there is a lot of potential in them for Circuit Racing too. I believe at this point, the Lancer Evolution is a very well proven platform for building a time attack car with notable car such as Tilton Interiors WTAC Pro class spec EVO which is the only car that managed the feat of attaining 3 back to back overall champion wins for WTAC, Cyber EVO which won WTAC overall with 2 back to back wins and HKS CT230R which is the fastest AWD tuner car (To this day since 2007 with time of 53.589 seconds!) at Tsukuba Circuit where time attack started for a lot of us. It is considered as one of the most important record for time attack enthusiasts all over the world. These are some of the most notable example of Lancer Evolution built for the sole purpose of Time Attack Racing. Needless to say, Filbert is familiar with these cars and he considered builds like that as his inspiration.

Click http://becauserc.com/site/filbert-an...er-evo-ix-rs2/ for more
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/becauserc1337
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/because_rc/

Filbert's 2:23.62 lap: