Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Anyone ever going to design tails like these?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004 | 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by spoolingEVOx

How about you go to hell.. theres an idea
I am not and have never been into rice, so do me a favor and dont flame a creative idea on differentiating my car from the typical Evo VII and MR rearend. Unless you want people flaming you for your taste (which, if remains parallel with your obnoxious attitude, must really be ****-poor and lacking of intelligent motive)
try not to knock people for their ideas.

Just my .02, it may help you in life
WOW...such civility around here!!!

Personally I think they look like crap...but put them on a car and it has a 50/50 chance to look good.
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

yeah man the ones you want look like garbage.. all they did in 2f2f was take lancer OZ tails and do a bit of bodywork and then
put those ones on..

the ones you see above are probably worth 10% and are 10% the quality of the lights that are stock on the evo. =)
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

I think an OEM style/design, but with CF as the surround might look good on some colors. I saw a WRX a few weeks back that had OEM looking tails but with CF for the inner material; it was blue and looked pretty .
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 01:34 PM

IMO, they don't look that good, I think blacked out tails would give the same effect and look better overall.
But seriously, you all need to stop flaming people over an internet forum.
If you don't like it, give your OPINION, don't just say "go to another forum" or "rice stuff sucks" or anything like that. If you think it looks ugly, say that you THINK it looks ugly, don't just bash on the guy.
And at one point, your title under your name said "Newbie" also, just because it has gone up doesn't make you better than anyone else here or give you the right to put down their ideas, you're probably just a post ***** anyway.
We all drive the same car and are trying different things with them so stop trying to be e-thugs and give some constructive critisizm for a change.
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

you should go buy yourself a scion.
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm spoolingevoX...you make yourself sound so smart, yet everything you said is ironic. Though I may have flammed you for your taste, in no way can my taste in modification be a refelction of my "attitude" for I was criticizing your pathetic excuse for trying to "differentiate" your evo from the rest (and there arn't that many anyway) with the use of ricey altezzas. And your non-sense speech about being creative and such with rear and lighting is the same rubbish that comes from civic and other such low end vehicle owners whom too have the same ideas for making them and their cars look "pimp" .

And BTW, if I have "bad taste", then so does everybody else that commented in this thread; not one person likes the idea.

Now, as Marvel32x2 said, I did start the abusive flame, so now I end it with saying, In My Opinion, these tail lights would ruin the image of the evo.
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 08:54 PM

Those tails are the TYC CF Lancer tails ('02/03). How do I know? I sell 'em. And people buy 'em. Thundergrey->CF. Black->Black. Everyone else buys Chrome. They sell like a hot damn, I tell you. I can't complain, I make a small mint on 'em
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 08:56 PM
El Jefe

That a lot of people buy them doesn't change that they're not an improvement to the appearance of the car.
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 10:36 PM

Originally posted by StreetPowerEvo
I think an OEM style/design, but with CF as the surround might look good on some colors. I saw a WRX a few weeks back that had OEM looking tails but with CF for the inner material; it was blue and looked pretty .
I don't know what you saw, but all the "CF" tails I've ever seen aren't CF at all, they are a checkered lookalike print, like those shift knobs you would see at your local Autozone or Pep Boys. Crap in my opinion.
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Those are pretty cheap looking. I would never put em on my car.
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 11:33 PM
Account Disabled

though the tails look cheap....i applaud you since a lot of people do the sae things to their cars on here....especially EVO's with VOLKS...dont get me wrong the look good...but do something different...what is rice anyways?...isnt RICE the reason why your EVO is in the US to beign with?...OH WAIT!!...Doesent the EVO come with RICETEZZAS?...

hey an if you like it then go with it...your the one thats driving the car...not them
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

- Sorry for borrowing someones car, its the first one i could find
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever going to design tails like these?-lg_104-0459_img-20-1.jpg  
Old Apr 24, 2004 | 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

:barf:
Old Apr 24, 2004 | 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

just wondering...
were you previously a honda owner?
Old Apr 24, 2004 | 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

not really my style