Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Anyone else have this ALARM problem?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004 | 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone else have this ALARM problem?

just got my car home today from the stereo shop (bass is fun )

...and the Clifford they installed (Matrix 2.5 or something), which is a 2-way paging system, sets itself off after being armed for like 20 minutes.

It kept happening over and over at the same interval and it's saying the trunk, but homeskillet said the trunk and the hood are on the same ckt or something like that.

They said they used the factory switch for the trunk (whatever makes the trunk light go on) and they installed a push button switch under the hood.

just trying to rule out whether they screwed something up or if there is something unique to Evo's (some sort of relay tripping after sitting for X amount of time?).

TIA
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I just did a Matrix 3.5 a few days ago and I have/had a similar problem. It just happened to me a few minutes ago. I got home from work and set the turbo timer to run and got out and armed the car. when the timer kicked off it sent me a warn chirp. if i reset the alarm with the lock button, once the alarm armed (5 seconds or so) it warned again. it did it a bunch of times. i put the key in and turn the ignition to on and then off. reset my alarm and it was fine it seems.
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

hmm... i took my car back to the shop today and told them what happened. they armed it and let it sit for over an hour, twice, and then i came and picked it up. it never false tripped for them and hasnt since i brought it home. weird.

i hope it never happens again, but i doubt that will be the case... i guess we'll see.

smokin - did you car ever actually go OFF or was it just warning?

also, where is your alarm's antenna located? they put mine under the dash and it seems like the range should be better...

how's the range on your car?

thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 11:16 PM

you should check to see if maybe the hood pin is not sitting high enough as to where the hood isn't fully pushing it down. possibly the wind could blow on the car and slightly move the hood and set the alarm off. the only way the trunk would go off is when the hood is open the trunk light turns on. that's where they get the trunk trigger from. they probably dioded isolate the hood and the trunk on the one wire and some how the hood pin is not sitting properly and keeps falsing.
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

2ggst - we checked that. armed and grabbing the hood didnt do anything.
Old Apr 23, 2004 | 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Turbocake
[B}
smokin - did you car ever actually go OFF or was it just warning?

also, where is your alarm's antenna located? they put mine under the dash and it seems like the range should be better...

how's the range on your car?
[/B]
It just warned. my antenna is located above my mirror. That is where you get the best reception. As for distance, I can hit it from about a quarter mile away (roughly speaking).
Old Apr 24, 2004 | 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

wow. i wonder if it will fit in the a-pillar?

i think im gonna have it relocated.

thanks for the tip!

BTW - it hasn't done the false trigger any more.
Old Apr 25, 2004 | 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

mine either. i diode isolated the trigger wires in my motion sensor and it only happened once after i did it. my radar detector is constantly going off with a ka band now though. i hate bugs. lol.