Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Some worthless ****s

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some worthless ****s

Some Dumb son of a ***** broke into my car last night, and whats more didnt take anything, just plain broke my window popped my trunk and when he saw no system back there kicked and cracked my bumper I missed his *** by like a min. (I was asleep in bed heard my pager (alarm) on my keys, got up, got dressed and went outside If I would cought those dixs I would of ... oh well

Just needed to rant
Old May 17, 2004, 08:35 PM
Account Disabled

I'm sorry....
Old May 17, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that man,that happened to my old car beofre when i hear something banging outside.turns out they were trying to brake my windshield but the guy couldnt lift the jack high enough.had to run downstairs real quick but they were gone.good thing my neighbor got their plate written down and filed a police report and got them a couple of hours after.idiots paid for the windshield and the paint job and i think they served some community service for a while.
Old May 17, 2004, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that man, dont have one but out of your personal experience are pager alarms effective?
Old May 17, 2004, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

It is great for me because i live on a busy street, car alarms are always going off, and what not plus traffic sounds, so the pager works cause i can here it when it is mine and not some ******* who has the bump sensor set so low that if a bird ****s on his car it goes off for like 20 min. Also im much less paranoid cause when it does go off It means something happened, like last night. I still get the occassional false alarm like when a bus or truck passes but that is few and far between. Also i is good cause sometimes (depending on when i get home) and cant always park in eyesight of my vehicle.

On the flip side it is not effective in situations like malls or movie theaters, cause i doent reach that far. About 1/2 mile if the distance is unobstructed. Then you simply need to rely on the deterrant aspect of an alarm. And not the ability to know when, or how your vehicle was desicrated. The pager has a diagram showing what sensor was tripped.
Old May 18, 2004, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

im sorry to hear that man,
Old May 18, 2004, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate to hear this happening to evos, especially when it's a Chi-town owner . Sorry to hear that happen Nemisis, hope your car gets repaired soon.
Old May 18, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was actually considering not locking my car to putting in an alarm for that reason. I have nothing in it to steal (well yet, anyway), and would rather not replace a window when the idiot broke it, realized it couldn't be hot-wired and that I had no radio (face comes inside with me, and it's a mini-disc deck, so they'd be like WTF???).

I have an alarm in the box from my old Hyundai (CrimeGuard from Crutchfield), jury's still out on whether or not to install it or sell it (or get the RF pager upgrade).

Luckily my parking spot is 10 feet out (and 15 feet down) from my bedroom window and well lit. Hopefully that is deterrent enough.

sorry to hear about your damage
a