Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Tampa Makes & Models Car Show

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tampa Makes & Models Car Show

Just wanted to share the pictures from the June 12th Makes & Models Car Show that was held at the Florida State Fairgrounds. The day was a very eventful one, on the way to the show my friend hit a ladder in the road. Lucky for him it just put a small nick in his tire. I was not so lucky as can be seen in the first set of pictures. All in all it was a pretty good show, since it was indoors in the air conditioning (always nice in Florida). Also got to meet some people that I have been talking to here on-line. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

First set of pictures need a bit more expination. While driving to the show I was lucky enough to catch this large piece of wood (about the size of a cinder block) with my windsheild. Saw it come off of a truck hit the highway and bounce about 20 feet in the air. Tried to avoid it, but their was no where to go. I took the block dead square in the windsheild at 70-80 MPH. The block then bounced off of the winsheild and went off the road. My friend was behind me and witnessed the whole thing. Have to say there are 2 incredible peices of luck here:

1. The block did not come through the windsheild and kill someone in the car. Definetly says something for the winsheild.

2. The block ONLY HIT THE WINDSHEILD. No other damage was done.

All this damage was one big attention grabber at the show. Had about 30 people around the car as soon as it pulled in. Why did I still go to the show? It was closer than home. Lucky for me the insurance company got someone out there to replace the windsheild that afternoon.

By the was even with the car being damaged at judging, still walked away with a first place trophy. (Must have felt sorry for me.
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-005.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-006.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-007.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-001.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-002.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

More pictures:
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-003.jpg  
Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

damn that sucks... good thing your OK
Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

The last post was pretty much it for the damage pictures. The rest of the pictures are of cars from the show. As always if anyone wants full size copies e-mail or PM me and I will send them to you. Also want to apologize for these pictures, it had been a pretty rough day, so I let my 13 year old sone run around and take pictures. He seems to have a little problem with including the whole car in the picture.

By the way the second picture is after the car was repaired. Third one is another before picture.
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-010.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-004.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-011.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-012.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-013.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

More Pictures
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-014.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-015.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-016.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-017.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-018.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

More Pictures
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-024.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-025.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-026.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-027.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-028.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

more pictures
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-029.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-030.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-031.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-032.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-033.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

More Pictures
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-019.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-020.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-021.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-022.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-023.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

More Pictures
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-034.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-035.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-036.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-037.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-038.jpg  

Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Last Set of pictures. Again I want to appologize for not getting better shots. I usually try to get really good pictures of all of the cars for guys who post here.
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-039.jpg   Tampa Makes & Models Car Show-makes-models-show-04-040.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2004, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

I see lots of makes but where are the models?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 05:54 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
I was expecting this to be NSFW!

Some nice looking cars there...
Old Jun 14, 2004, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ttiscio
First set of pictures need a bit more expination. While driving to the show I was lucky enough to catch this large piece of wood (about the size of a cinder block) with my windsheild. Saw it come off of a truck hit the highway and bounce about 20 feet in the air. Tried to avoid it, but their was no where to go. I took the block dead square in the windsheild at 70-80 MPH. The block then bounced off of the winsheild and went off the road. My friend was behind me and witnessed the whole thing. Have to say there are 2 incredible peices of luck here:

1. The block did not come through the windsheild and kill someone in the car. Definetly says something for the winsheild.

2. The block ONLY HIT THE WINDSHEILD. No other damage was done.

All this damage was one big attention grabber at the show. Had about 30 people around the car as soon as it pulled in. Why did I still go to the show? It was closer than home. Lucky for me the insurance company got someone out there to replace the windsheild that afternoon.

By the was even with the car being damaged at judging, still walked away with a first place trophy. (Must have felt sorry for me.
DAMN! Good windshields on our Evos...
Old Jun 14, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks! Was that on I-4?

Quick Reply: Tampa Makes & Models Car Show