Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Tarmac Evo, Privat Fahren rims

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2004, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is slick
Old Jul 3, 2004, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

To each his own...not a big chrome guy, but the wheel design is sweet! As for lowering the car..I have TEIN basic damper coil-overs and there is no wheel gap whatsoever and I bottomed out once..but it wasn't a speed bump, it was a mountain I tell ya!!
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Here we go with a glimpse of the future! Wheels look good Bu. By far, the best looking wheel for the money.
Attached Thumbnails Tarmac Evo, Privat Fahren rims-lowered-malibu.jpg  
Old Jul 4, 2004, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

LOWER!!!!!
Old Jul 4, 2004, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey, they clear PERFECTLY, I've driven on them for 2 days now, the tires are a bit "Greasy" compared to stock (for those who don't know what I mean, although their a great tire, I get terrible wheelspin when I hit my torque peak in second gear, and I can easily drift the car if I'm too aggressive with it around a turn) A great tire for the street though, what I needed were all-season tires.. the stockers or a set of Rota's if I decide to sell the stockers are getting a set of R Compound DOT race tires..

Now, the original fitment for these Privat wheels was 20mm offset, and those would stick out like mad, especially on a 17" rim because of the design of the spoke wouldn't clear if they were any closer..

I have 18x9's and a 40mm offset which tucks up in the fenders perfectly, their close on the rear with this backspace but don't touch anywhere.. In fact there's room for a 255-35-18 tire if I want to swap them out at some point... It doesnt appear to rub anywhere, but I have not yet gotten the car to articulate its suspension fully, but in daily driving it doesn't hit anything.

I have decided to drop the nose of the car a bit, so I will get the TEIN EDFC setup in a few weeks. But I am concerned that I'll squish my bumper skin and buschur intercooler on things...

Once I get the EDFC's, the wheels will be sent over to a friend's shop to have the wheel centers powder coated in black.. I wanted to be certain the fit was perfect before I started modifying things.. The only thing is that the pearl color is beginning to grow on me..

Now onto the rest of my go-fast bits.. Intake manifold and finding a cylinder head core to have machined/ported, but thats another thread..
Old Jul 4, 2004, 09:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mrdecibel
Here we go with a glimpse of the future! Wheels look good Bu. By far, the best looking wheel for the money.
LOL you rock.. I did the exact same thing when I first downloaded the pic off my camera..
Old Jul 4, 2004, 09:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
To each his own...not a big chrome guy, but the wheel design is sweet! As for lowering the car..I have TEIN basic damper coil-overs and there is no wheel gap whatsoever and I bottomed out once..but it wasn't a speed bump, it was a mountain I tell ya!!
BTW, their not chrome, their powder coated centers.. They are a color called pearl, and ended up a bit too "Chrome-like" to me.. But honestly, their growing on me..