Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2004 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk

I'm considering replacing my hood and trunk with carbon fiber. I've seen several options on this board and I'm leaning towards the Gialla hood but am open to suggestions. My concerns are looks but especailly fit and finish. Is carbon fiber chip resistant, etc? Any input is appreciated especially from vendors who have seen several options. What do you suggest?

I'm not a big fan of the Evo wing so I'm looking to replace the trunk with a carbon fiber one. I have the same questions as above. Also, will a lack of the stock wing affect stability at higher speeds. I do enjoy running the 1/4 mile and my car (550whp) is capable of high speeds, could this be a problem?

Input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2004 | 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 3240
I'm considering replacing my hood and trunk with carbon fiber. I've seen several options on this board and I'm leaning towards the Gialla hood but am open to suggestions. My concerns are looks but especailly fit and finish. Is carbon fiber chip resistant, etc? Any input is appreciated especially from vendors who have seen several options. What do you suggest?

I'm not a big fan of the Evo wing so I'm looking to replace the trunk with a carbon fiber one. I have the same questions as above. Also, will a lack of the stock wing affect stability at higher speeds. I do enjoy running the 1/4 mile and my car (550whp) is capable of high speeds, could this be a problem?

Input is appreciated. Thanks.
well ive driven for about 2-3 weeks with the wing off my car.. it gets a bit loose at high speed w/o it.... the 1/4 track wont be the problem... its going out 130+mph on the highway is where you might encounter some troubles
Old Jul 25, 2004 | 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

The front lip of my carbon fiber spoiler chipped a few months ago, about the size of a quarter.