Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Lotion VII

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i like your car too, it's super nice! Thanks for all the info on the bov and your comparison between your skyline and evo... very interesting info
Old Aug 15, 2004, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome car...

lemme have it when you're done, k?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

MagEvoVII

Awesome VII

I PMed you about your aftermarket seat rail. I was wondering if it helps leg room much? Like getting your knees under the steering wheel?
Anyone know if I can get a hold of a set of these in the US comphatible wit the VIII?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The Bear
MagEvoVII

Awesome VII

I PMed you about your aftermarket seat rail. I was wondering if it helps leg room much? Like getting your knees under the steering wheel?
Anyone know if I can get a hold of a set of these in the US comphatible wit the VIII?
Yes it fits the EVO VIII. Made by HKS Kansai. It doesn't actually lower the over all seat that much. What it feels like is that the seat is tilted forward so you are sitting flatter. If you like your thighs higher than your butt, might not like it. But it will give you more clearance on the knees.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purecoda
lotion? don't know if i'd ever call and evo "lotion". sounds about as gay as it gets IMO. looks nice though.
Must be Jim McGreevy's Evo (the NJ governer )

but it does look nice.. 4 some reason i like that spoiler
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

new pics

thanks for the feedback. took some better shots...

Old Aug 15, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

magevo,

would like to know where did you mount your exhaust temp sensor and also ur oil sensor...... i bought DEFI BF but am not sure where to mount it as i made mistakes with my previous car and those sensors only lasted me 1 day and 12 hours...
Old Aug 15, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

great looking car bro. the ADVAN RG is cast and that is a fact. doesn't matter though because it is just as strong as a forged VOLK and it is light.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blonde
great looking car bro. the ADVAN RG is cast and that is a fact. doesn't matter though because it is just as strong as a forged VOLK and it is light.
Shoot! you are right. expensive for a cast wheel ... but i got them at discount cos someone ordered them and cancelled out. It is light, i compared it with the volks in the shop. Darn salesman ("of course it's forged")... he better give me a good deal on tires now. Thanks.

Last edited by MagEvoVII; Aug 15, 2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NoTiGuY
magevo,

would like to know where did you mount your exhaust temp sensor and also ur oil sensor...... i bought DEFI BF but am not sure where to mount it as i made mistakes with my previous car and those sensors only lasted me 1 day and 12 hours...
I bought this car and it had the defi system installed in it already. In the office so can't check for you. Will do later but this is what i know... My reference for what is the correct place is what most people and the reputable tune shops do here.

The water temp is put on the top radiator hose. Usually this is a samco hose, that's cut out in the middle and an adapter is inserted and clamped down.

On my GTR, they put the oil sensor on this adapter bolt that plugs the oil pan hole. However this may be incorrect because it went out after only one month... not sure on this may be a wiring problem as it went out after a oil change so may be something is loose. So not saying it's the wrong place. It is the easiest install though.

Most commonly, the Oil temp sensor is mounted between the oil filter and the oil pump adapter sandwich. (basically between oil filter and engine) If you have an oil cooler, that is another spot as well.

Sucks because these Defi sensors cost an arm and leg... make sure you get someone that's done it before. Running the wires is real important too so they dont get melted. Some mechanics are good with mechanicals but electronics are like chinese to them (well one that doesn't speak chinese anyways).

good luck.

Last edited by MagEvoVII; Aug 15, 2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

I'm thinking about repainting my wheels. They are a silver finish right now which goes well with the blue but something darker would be better.

SUGESTIONS?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twan
more pics more pics more pics more pics more pics
as per your request... some pics taken at the last skyline club meeting. Couple of my friends and I showed up in evo, rx-7 ... crashed the party.

\

I'll be sure to take some pics at the next EVO club gathering. Oh here's one last one ... mean EVOVII from track day...

Last edited by MagEvoVII; Aug 16, 2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Nice Evo VII but I don't like the wing. Good pics from the meet and I really like the background.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Those are gorgeous!!!
Why do R34s have to look so perfect!?

Great photography by the way.

Quick Reply: My Lotion VII