Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Lotion VII

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2004, 06:54 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Great looking car, minus the GT wing. Just doesn't look right to me.

Great pics of the GTRs and other cars.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man **** you guys and your skylines...grrrrrrrrrrr .... j/k green with envy and mad at my stupid american laws that keep me from my dream. Awesome awesome cars and props to you for owning one. Wish I were there.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hear that, to own and evo and skyline . and the mod both the your personal specs. damn i wish i was rich.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 04:13 AM
Evolving Member

nice ride.great pics!!
Old Aug 18, 2004, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MagEvoVII
HK is not that big man, about the size of Bay area (SF) with 7 mil people crammed in it...

But the roads look a lot like Grand Turismo, lots of twisties with candycane barriers, mountain roads, but grade F pavement in some places though.
yeah ino, i've been there, and have friends that live there, thus the question.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MagEvoVII
Can't say which one I like more... that's why I got both. I love JAPANESE metal.

and people like me can only dream about having both of those cars...

i have the evo 8, but the skyline is a far cry from our shores... one day, one day..
Old Aug 18, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

It was a dream until I moved out here. If I was in the states, I'd have an evo 8 also. If you have the opportunity to move out here, bite the bullet and do it. One of my main motivations was that I'd be able to own cars near impossible and unreasonable to have in the states. Don't feel too bad about not having a skyline, and the skyline guys will kill me for saying this but over all the evo is a far superior car. Other than going really really fast on the HWY and being able to accelerate like your are in 3rd when already at 100mph (but how many times do we acutually do this before being thrown in jail), the evo beats it out in handling, low end power, driveability, maintenance, parts costs, ...etc etc. Skyline is more a trophy car/weekend shiner. If you have the money, look at the modded EVO's in Japan. They are all making better times than the skylines in time attacks.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

mag,

thanks for the info... currently blackening my headlights.... i painted it chrome black by using the origins of the chrome plastic.....hope it turns out nice....

need info on how to remove the rear light clusters too. i got my vii with GTA rear clusters...
Old Aug 20, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NoTiGuY
mag,

thanks for the info... currently blackening my headlights.... i painted it chrome black by using the origins of the chrome plastic.....hope it turns out nice....

need info on how to remove the rear light clusters too. i got my vii with GTA rear clusters...
should be pretty standard...I like my tail lights so not sure how to remove them. I'll ask for you though to see if there are any tricky parts to it. Chrome black thats a good idea. POst pics. I may coy cat you. Didnt want to have flat black like everyone else. let me know how it turns out. i want to try it too but everyone says that water will get in. i think the key is to take ur time to remove the old sealant and make sure you use right glue. good luck.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

mag,

i went to see it and i like it very much. i did it on my Evolution VII tag, emblems and now waiting to slaughter my rear light clusters. I find that having it all black makes the car a little boring/dull (no offense to anyone who has black, sorry).

I used Dupont High Solid AX1060 lacquer, Dupont Fast Action Sealant (something like that) and Dupont (dont know what, but its a coat for spraying bumpers so that the paint wont peel) and a slight amount of black paint mixed to it.

As for the sealant, the original sealant is not hard sealed (dont know whats its called, but it wont harden) and the most important thing here is to remove all the original sealant off and recoat it with new (or use the original sealant bank having remove it first so that there wont be any gaps between the clear cover and headlight to prevent leakage).

Its time consuming (took me three days to get it done nicely....slow person... ) but its well worth it.... now for the rear.......
Old Aug 22, 2004, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Notiguy, for the rear lights, check this thread:
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?techID=24
Old Aug 23, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

mag,

thanks for the link.. but its only to teach you how to remove the rear lights and not removing the clusters and respraying....

just got a pair of surgery knife from my doctor friend to operate on the rear lights.... heard it aint something nice to play with and the silicon gum to be used will be seen from the outside...sigh....
Old Aug 25, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

wow
Old Aug 25, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

wow love the look of the car. all but the wing!

great pics!!!

also got busted by MIS guy for goofing off, he liked the pics too
Old Aug 26, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sUP MAGEVO!

Just wondering maybe you can email me a copy of the owners manual of your 7, if thats ok? btw, Im planning to go to HK next yr, where can I find lots of parts for my 7? Is parts cheaper there than in japan or US?

Quick Reply: My Lotion VII