Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

carbon fiber hood and trunk weights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004 | 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rebelzx
There is no way the Gialla hood weighs 15.5 lbs. It feels considerably lighter than stock- the carbon is VERY thin.
so would u say it is flimpsy? cuz i was thinking of getting one
Old Sep 16, 2004 | 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

You could save more weight for much less with a battery swap.

Course, all that CF looks cool
Old Sep 16, 2004 | 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

seriously you save more weight by removing the spare tire and draining excess window fluid.
Old Sep 16, 2004 | 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RS=RealStripper
Any idea on how well the JSP fits?
The JSP CF Trunk fits pretty good but the one thing that you should know about is that the edges are cut and not rolled like the more expensive brands. I've had my JSP trunk for about 9 months now and have had zero problems with it. Still looks as good as when I bought it. You can also put a spoiler on it cause I had a CF Evo VII spoiler on the first JSP trunk I had but when I got the new trunk I decided to go wingless. I'll post pics to show both.

Also the reason for getting a new trunk was that the first one they sent me had the keyhole cut out and I asked to not have the keyhole cut out so they sent me a new trunk.

Here are the pics

Adam
Attached Thumbnails carbon fiber hood and trunk weights-wingless22222222.jpg   carbon fiber hood and trunk weights-cf-lip-back.jpg   carbon fiber hood and trunk weights-carbon-trunk-back.jpg   carbon fiber hood and trunk weights-carbon-trunk-angle22.jpg  
Old Sep 16, 2004 | 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

but you can save even more by having the cf trunk PLUS taking out spare and draining fluids. that's the whole point... or it's to save that weight so you can keep certain items like ac... or add items like rear strut tower bars, solid antiroll bars, trunk bars etc.
Old Sep 30, 2004 | 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by adamkean
The JSP CF Trunk fits pretty good but the one thing that you should know about is that the edges are cut and not rolled like the more expensive brands. I've had my JSP trunk for about 9 months now and have had zero problems with it. Still looks as good as when I bought it. You can also put a spoiler on it cause I had a CF Evo VII spoiler on the first JSP trunk I had but when I got the new trunk I decided to go wingless. I'll post pics to show both.

Also the reason for getting a new trunk was that the first one they sent me had the keyhole cut out and I asked to not have the keyhole cut out so they sent me a new trunk.

Here are the pics

Adam
Thanx for the info man. Just curious, did you weigh the stock and aftermarket lids? Or were you more interested in the looks?
Old Sep 30, 2004 | 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone have a link to the JSP CF hood?
Old Sep 30, 2004 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

i would never go for these unless my trunk or hood was damaged.. then some of these parts are cheaper then oem
Old Oct 3, 2004 | 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

the stock lid weights are from all american racing. looks are important too... but we already have a very aggressive looking lid on our car... more aggressive won't look unnatural.
Old Oct 3, 2004 | 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RS=RealStripper
Thanx for the info man. Just curious, did you weigh the stock and aftermarket lids? Or were you more interested in the looks?

Mainly for looks....as you can tell from the pics I have an OZ, it's slow, I won't deny it.

Adam
Old Feb 28, 2005 | 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

does anyone know if you need hood pins if you have a carbon fiber hood for your evo?
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

no you don't, but hood pins are a good safety precaution in case your latch fails you don't lose your $xxxx hood.
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trinydex

all american racing (sparco evo)
Whats their web site? i cant seem to find it
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by petey pab
you can install a spoiler, but youd have to reinforce it where you mount it. its also reccomended that you go with a carbon fiber spoiler, or another extremely light weight one.
what kind of wing/spoiler is best on a cf trunk? im toying over the fact of leaving it bare or have a spoiler/wing
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

If you guys care about that much difference in weight you should be donky punched.

Quick Reply: carbon fiber hood and trunk weights