Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Racecomp Engineering/GTWorx and At Speed Motorsports join forces!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Racecomp Engineering/GTWorx and At Speed Motorsports join forces!

HANOVER, MD. Oct 27, 2008.

Racecomp Engineering/GTWorx are teaming up with the renowned Speed World Challenge team of At Speed Motorsports. Beginning November 3rd, Racecomp Engineering will be operating side by side with the At Speed team in their 12,000 square foot facility in Hanover, Maryland.

Well known for the Speed GT winning Volvo S60R and Porsche 911GT3 cup cars, At Speed has been at the pinnacle of upper level sports car racing since 1996. Founded by 2001 Speed GT Rookie of the Year Bob Miller, has seen several successful racing seasons with drivers like the legendary Derek Bell and technicians from a variety of motorsports, including Formula One and NASCAR. At Speed currently runs a 2008 Porsche GT3 Cup Car in Speed GT while providing a full service shop to a variety of modern and vintage racecars.

Racecomp owner Myles Williams, when asked about the move, stated "I knew my Porsche roots would some day come back to me. It will be very exciting to have a close association with these guys." Myles met At Speed owner Bob Miller at a track day at Summit Point Motorsports Park in 1998.

What does this mean for customers? Racecomp's exceptional after sale support and service will remain unchanged and continue to set an example in the industry. The only major change is the national sales office will be moving into the At Speed shop and will now have the ability to do corner balancing, alignments, wheel and tire mounting all from a Speed GT winning race crew. Racecomp Engineering will continue to design and build their own motorsports quality suspension and brake pieces with the added technical input from At Speed's experienced motorsports engineers and drivers.

The RCE crew is still completely intact. If you need to reach Myles, Mike, Andrew or Dan, you can contact us with the same email addresses or PMs as before. Phone numbers have not changed. As always, if you need to reach after hours or on weekends, feel free to give us a call!

Racecomp Engineering/GTWorx will be closed Friday for the move. Thank you for your patience!

Racecomp Engineering
GTWorx
At Speed Motorsports

410-579-1501
sales@racecompengineering.com
Old Oct 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats guys! Looks like a real nice shop! Wish the best of luck!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Drool...

Looking great guys!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats to GTWorx/RCE! They are a great group of guys, and it'll be great that they will be able to provide even more support with the move. I can't wait to check out the shop the next time I'm in Maryland.

-Jalal
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

congrats and best of luck, bump for another open house so that i can attempt to beat mike at gt5, lol
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Big grats guys! That Volvo looks like pure sex!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:01 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
May I ask what GT Worx will be doing as part of this partnership? Will you guys be representing the sales and customer service aspect . You guys have been a big help in this forum with your suspension advice, and I hope it doesn't take you away from us! In any case, congratulations! I look forward to more great products with this collaboration!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very cool. Im sure that this will work nicely and we (the Evo community) will benefit.

Now I just need to move closer to MD.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Nice move beautiful shop
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks everyone! We're very excited about the move.

Originally Posted by tougetuned
congrats and best of luck, bump for another open house so that i can attempt to beat mike at gt5, lol
Good luck! Now you'll have to beat some Speed GT drivers too

We're gonna look into having an open house.

- Andrew
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chu
May I ask what GT Worx will be doing as part of this partnership? Will you guys be representing the sales and customer service aspect . You guys have been a big help in this forum with your suspension advice, and I hope it doesn't take you away from us! In any case, congratulations! I look forward to more great products with this collaboration!
At Speed is still very much At Speed and GTWorx is still GTWorx. For the beginning stages at least we will just be learning from each other. We will be trying to soak up as much technical knowledge as we can. They will be trying to see how we run the more street/non-full race oriented side of things, as they are trying to expand that side of their company (for high end Porsche, Audi, BMW etc.) So it's not a merger really, but an opportunity for both of us to learn from each other and share an awesome facility.

- Andrew
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Awesome guys! You guys aren't very far from where you were before. I haven't looked but did you guys do a post in the Mid-Atlantic Region forum?
Old Dec 27, 2008, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks!

You know...i'm not sure if i made a post in mid-A for this.

- Andrew
Old Dec 29, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Extending congrats - looking like a very nice setup. Thanks for all the advise over the years!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

awesome stuff, love the guy's over at rce

Quick Reply: Racecomp Engineering/GTWorx and At Speed Motorsports join forces!