Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

If front is lowered more than rear, is it bad?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the evo isn't higher in the front. the fender curve is higher in the front (and basically every car out there) because when you brake hard what happens? oh yeah...the whole car wants to keep going foward so the front of the car dips down a lot and most cars have bigger gaps between the top of the wheel and the bottom of the fender so when you brake hard nothing hits.

the car itself is level but the body gap is just different.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to partially agree with Zlancer here based on your measurement. The front wheel well is larger than the rear due to the fact that your front tires turn and stick out from under the wheel well. If it were the same size as the rear your tires would rub every time you turned and hit a bump. That is why it appears that the front is higher than the back. I would compare the diameter of the two wheel wells.... But I'm to lazy to go out side with a tape measure. I bet the front is bigger
Old Oct 2, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll measure that as soon as I can on my buddy's EVO. If that is true though, why don't the wheels rub on lowered cars? They don't and I lowered mine 1.5 up front. I'll find out for sure.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

I have the S-Techs. waiting to be installed on my car. Obviously they will be a tad lower in the front. I have heard that with these springs it is important to have it aligned corrrectly or the handling will be terrible.

Shane
Old Oct 2, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I have had the S-Techs for about 8-9 months on my car and I love them. I would buy them again if I had to do it over. I did get all 4 wheels aligned after the drop and I have no uneven tread wear on any tires. I also dont feel taht it affected my handleing, if any it improved it. I dont track the car, but it does feel really stable around some tight turn. Heres a pic with the S-Techs

Last edited by Evil EV0; Oct 2, 2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

i have the S-tech and mine is a tad lower than any of yours...why is that so? I tested my ori absorbers and they are almost new/perfect... 86% on the rears and 92% for the front... will take a pic tomorrow...