Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Ohlin Coil Overs ???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2004, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm

Road Race engineering is no longer selling the JIC's??? Their website still shows the JIC's. Anyone care to elaborate? I'll be contacting them tomorrow to set up my new 2005RS.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
ok before a crazy rumor gets started... i'll be more explicit... they are looking to change to zeal or buddy club... that's the deal. they are still doin' jics... cuz they havne't picked yet... and these types of things take time. so sooner or later you will see them phase out mueller jics and do meuller buddyclubs or zeals (they might even have the mueller name stamped on 'em!)
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many model they offer?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
How many model they offer?
www.ohlins.com
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

isnt there a review of the ohlins at the evom homepage under modifications or something?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/features/.../projectevo/43

oh, and rre here in california uses and tunes jic coilovers with GREAT success.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

I am wondering what are the major differences between the vendors that are carrying the Ohlins. ForcedFed, I am wondering what we would get from you for $2400 dollars. This questions also applies to both Works and Vishnu.

I would also like to hear from John at RRE because this is the first time I have heard word that they will be carrying and custom tunning the Ohlins setup.

My next project on my car is suspension, but I don't think I want to go with the JIC's. I am leaning more towards the Ohlins, yet there is not enough information on these coilovers. All I hear is that their "great." I already know that, what I want to know is how these are holding up against the competition such as a fully set up Mueller JIC car...
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

i've heard NOTHING about rre dumping the jic coilovers... i dont think that is the case, but i could be wrong. i heard that they may be working on tuning some buddy clubs, but that's about it.

check out the suspension section of www.socalevo.net
john from rre is the guest moderator.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

I decided to go with the JICs from RRE. Mueller is doing my install next week.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

i have NOT heard one bad thing about the muellerized JICs... great choice!
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
definitely not sayin' that they are bad cuz they're the best setup out there especially for the price. but like i said before... jicusa is incompetant and jic products are known to break and jicusa will blame just about anything but their own manufacturing.... sooo they're lookin' for somethin' new, more reliable etc.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:21 PM

Just for references, they have been working on 'adding' the Buddy Club setup, as far as I know it will go alongside the JIC setup they offer. Robi has been running/testing the Buddy Clubs for quite a while now and he stated that they're slightly slower than the JICs but have a nicer ride quality.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gnulooks
I am wondering what are the major differences between the vendors that are carrying the Ohlins. ForcedFed, I am wondering what we would get from you for $2400 dollars. This questions also applies to both Works and Vishnu.

I would also like to hear from John at RRE because this is the first time I have heard word that they will be carrying and custom tunning the Ohlins setup.

My next project on my car is suspension, but I don't think I want to go with the JIC's. I am leaning more towards the Ohlins, yet there is not enough information on these coilovers. All I hear is that their "great." I already know that, what I want to know is how these are holding up against the competition such as a fully set up Mueller JIC car...
The WORKS/Ohlins package includes proprietary spring rates and WORKS adjustable camber plates for our Stage II package. Stage III also has rear pillow ball mounts. We do offer the Group-N, but wouldn't recommend them for daily driving
Old Oct 19, 2004, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

I am at Road Race Engineering right now and John Mueller is working on my suspension as I write this. I can't go wild on it tonight becuase it is raining cats and dogs in L.A. tonight. Will post a review after I have played with it for a couple of days.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered the Ohlin "Road and Track" setup from Vishnu. I wonder if any of you could answer how the Quaife LSD will effect the balance of the Ohlins? I'm just a newbie hack driver but I would still appreciate the info. Robi said the RRE setup Buddy Club/JIC would need some tweaking. What kind of adjustments would need to be made for Ohlins?

Quick Reply: Ohlin Coil Overs ???