Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Just installed Pirelli Pzero nero m+s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rburris28

But if you WANT oversteer at the autocross, reverse the pressure differential and have a blast!
Hehe. You're right. I also have the perrin rear adj. sway bar. I have it at neutral now. Set at oversteer though, wow... It can really catch you by surprise

My tires feel Very solid on the road at those pressures. I have put over 10,000 miles on them though. So they're pretty well broken in.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Ya I have a set coming. I know nothing really compares to the Advans.

Eric
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by os2
Have 3k miles on Pirelli M&S and love them. They are teaching me how to drive right.
First impression was OMG I can't crontrol the car, but it turned out I was just having improper driving habits relying completely on an Advans grip rather than caring about weight load distribition, smooth steering input etc...
I used to use gas pedal a lot for "torque steering" in corners, but now tend to drive the EVO more like an S2k, working more with a steering wheel.
You know that hits the nail right on the head. I could not agree more with these statements.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm.. I am running the Kuhmo MX's (which I like a lot) at 38 front and 40 rear. I do have a bit of oversteer, but not the rear-really-wants-to-step-out kind, it is just to the point where I can go into a corner, lift a bit or just touch the brake pedal to rotate, and drive out. But the rear has never felt like it wanted to come around if that makes sense. I went up to the Arkansas mountains a few weeks ago and once again this car had me smiling from ear to ear, the Evo is just the easiest most forgiving car to drive fast that I have ever been in. And that includes a 996tt and a 996 4S. It just keeps on impressing me.......now Mitsubishi on the other hand just keeps on depressing me with their antics......
Old Nov 24, 2004, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

anyone else have any thoughts on these tires?
Old Dec 1, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

I just replaced my Advans with a set of P Zero Neros. I only have 500 miles on them, but agree with the other posters about the greatly reduced noise, slightly slower steering, and softer ride. Handling will have to wait until the tires are fully broken in, but I don't have unrealistic expectations. For daily driving, they will be absolutely fine but still allow some spirited driving when conditions warrant. The issue is one of safety, and I feel that the Pirellis are an excellent choice for winter (but not heavy snow) conditions.

Interestingly enough, when I got the tires installed at a Tire Rack Recommended installer (The Digital Chassis in Durham, NC -- great place!), the place was full of stacks and stacks of Pirelli P Zero Neros, all of which were drop-shippped from Tire Rack. I never saw so many Pirellis in my whole life! Since the clientele consists mostly of car enthusiasts, all the Porsches and M3 owners evidently are doing the same as me -- using P Zero Neros as their winter season tires.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 02:28 PM

I have these tires on the way, and I guess maybe I'll get them set to something like 40f/37r before I even drive away from the installer.

I'm really curious to see how much of the handling of the Evo is in the tires. Sounds like a lot.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

i have them aswell about 500 miles now. starting to tighten up everyone running stock size or going bigger???????
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

well I finally decided and purchased the Pirelli's. Overall they sounded like the best choice for my situation. Just as long as I can get through winter and they handle as well as the tire racks tests show, then I'll be happy. As much as I love the Advans, I can't afford the price as of now (just noticed the price went up as well 212-218$)
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Running stock size btw. so what pressures are good for sub 35 degree weather?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I'm still deciding which all season tires so keep the reviews coming
Old Dec 2, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

my set of these just wore out @ 25k miles, im getting another set, i am very happy with this tire.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by voodooutt
my set of these just wore out @ 25k miles, im getting another set, i am very happy with this tire.
Did you use them all year round? How was the tires during winter and at the track?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

One interesting point about the Pirelli P Zero Neros -- they are standard equipment on the brand new 2005 Mustang GT. I was surprised to see an all-season tire mounted on a 300 HP performance car, but evidently Ford thinks enough of the tire to do so. Car and Driver reports a skid pad of .89 G in the article pitting the Mustang against the GTO in this month's issue.